[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has this man lost his shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: john-carpenter.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
john-carpenter.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
Has this man lost his shit?
>>
>>70226723
If he did, it was two decades ago.
>>
moreover his passion for filmmaking

lost themes 2 is dope
>>
I literally just finished Prince of Darkness.

AMA u feggits
>>
Hasn't made a good movie since They Live.
>>
>>70226723
>made two albums while playing videogames with his son
>touring across the world
>68 years old
still seems pretty based to me.

Also the /tv/ crowd would probably get a kick out of recent appearance on the Bret Easton Ellis podcast where they both rail against SJWs, #OscarsSoWhite and modern victim mentality.
>>
>>70226781
Lost his passion? I thought it was just that he can't get any funding anymore.
>>70226816
When did you lose your passion for women?
>>
>>70226816
Prince of Darkness is great.
>>
>try to watch vampires
>get bored 30% into the movie

I even really liked Assault of Precinct 13 and stuff.
But vampires, I forced my self to partially watch.
NO BUENO
>>
>>70226838
Link?
>>
>>70226723
Hasn't made a good movie.
>>
>>70226838
If you listen to John and Kurt's commentary on Big Trouble in Little China Carpenter mentions how he was taken aback by the liberal media accusing him of racism against asians. He was used to right wingers attacking him but the fact fellow liberals were doing to him really made him sad.
Kurt though of course is a libertarian and was like "told you so."
>>
>>70227042
>I even really liked Assault of Precinct 13 and stuff.
Wow, you liked one of his most acclaimed films?
>>
>>70227088
http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=592&pid=1651663
>>
>>70226816
In the Mouth of Madness is better. In fact, it is one of his best.
>>
>>70227115
>Wow, you liked one of his most acclaimed films?

it's probably his least watched film. also the worst written and edited. Nice try though.
>>
>>70227088
http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=592&pid=1651663

I should note that BEE does that in every episode. he fucking hates SJWs and starts off every episode with a rant about them. Then he tries to get his guests to agree with him. Luckily Carpenter actually agrees with him anyway.
>>
>>70227134
Thank you, gentle anon.
>>
Escape from LA>Escape from NY
>>
File: 4819794-koncertsalen.jpg (690 KB, 2200x1461) Image search: [Google]
4819794-koncertsalen.jpg
690 KB, 2200x1461
Dude is giving concert at this venue, tonight.
>>
>>70227317
Had this discussion with a previous anon in a thread.

We both agreed that doing a fucking live recording for some basic ass electronic synth melodies is fucking retarded.
>>
>>70227225
what? its hailed as an action classic you mongoloid
>>
>>70227291
No, Escape from New York is one of his best.
>>
>>70227359
By, who? you?

Ask any person in their 20's if they've seen it. answer will be no. Just because you frequent a board dedicated to movies, doesn't mean the literal billions of people o earth feel the same, or have even seen it.

The directing is good, buy the writing, editing, and acting is pure shit. Do I need to link you to the ice cream man scene? you delusional faggot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CQ6G0ILFQ
>>
>>70226832
>>70227225
>it's probably his least watched film.
Yeah no. It was even remade a few years back.
>also the worst written and edited.
Assault is a very low budget feature early in his career, but worst writing and editing? This man made Ghosts of Mars.
>Nice try though.
Behind Halloween and the Thing, AoP13 has been one of his most highly acclaimed films. Hell, the Thing wasn't even well received in its time. If you think otherwise, it's very likely you're under the age of 20.
>>
>>70227097
I'm asian, and here I was thinking asians were pretty well represented in the 80s. There definitely was a time when asians were "in fashion."

Seemed like a lot of Hollywood films made an effort to include asian characters or themes (China Girl, Black Rain, Goonies, Gremlins, Temple of Doom, etc.)
>>
>tfw got to meet him a few years ago at a convention
He chuckled when I gave him a poster of Escape from L.A. to sign
>>
>>70227411
That's fine. That just shows how good of a film LA is.
>>
>>70227492
Also the editing during the shootout in the precinct is awful.
>>
>>70227492
Fuck, that video doesn't have the even worse scene of the father when he finds the daughter.
>>
>>70227291
agreed
>>
>>70227492
>Ask any person in their 20's if they've seen it. answer will be no.
So? That goes with any lesser known Carpenter film. Or any film that isn't the Thing or Halloween. Also, 20 year olds are not the majority of the world's population, and most Carpenter fans are older.
>Just because you frequent a board dedicated to movies, doesn't mean the literal billions of people o earth feel the same, or have even seen it.
Yeah? But you said it was his least watched film. Has nothing to do with his popularity over the world.
>The directing is good, buy the writing, editing, and acting is pure shit. Do I need to link you to the ice cream man scene? you delusional faggot?
Sound and fury much?
>>
File: hqdefault-32.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-32.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
ywn drink with old cynical carp and argento :(
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.