[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I enjoy this show? I love Kevin Spacey, but I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: House_of_Cards_Season_1_Poster.jpg (258 KB, 1013x1500) Image search: [Google]
House_of_Cards_Season_1_Poster.jpg
258 KB, 1013x1500
Why can't I enjoy this show? I love Kevin Spacey, but I get depressed as fuck thinking that these are the exact kinds of sociopath politicians in DC that constantly backstab each other for power to the detriment of the rest of society.

I'm on season 1 and literally every character disgusts me. There's no likeable Tyrion Lannister or Jon Snow to identify with.

>Kate Mara's character is everything wrong with feminism and journalism in a single person.

>Kevin Spacey's wife is everything wrong with charities.

>Bald guy from Ant Man is a pussy degenerate

It's like an alternate universe of retards that let themselves be manipulated by the only sociopath more obvious than Patrick Bateman. I can barley root for Kevin Spacey constantly fucking everyone over and then taking the moral high ground in every god damn conversation
>>
>no one is likable!

Stick to CBS comedies, pal.
>>
>>70217024
kevin spacey's wife is just as much a sociopath.
>>
Thats because its portraying the reality of life

Usually you watch TV as an escape and see a version of reality with good people that makes you feel like maybe life isnt so bad and people can be good and kind and things will work out and maybe I will get the girl and be happy.

House of Cards shows you the reality of the world and its unsettling. But the world is a cruel place and he is right, only the strong survive, you either use people or be used by them.

Pop on the Big Bang Theory, get 20 mins of brainless pick me up and go about your day in blissful ignorance. Or face the facts that there are no goodies and baddies in life and everyone is fucked up and corrupt on some level and get on with it.
>>
>>70217024
you are not supposed to find "funny" barney stinson nor "cute" ted mosby tier characters in quality shows.
this show is fucking great, but maybe you should do the HIMYM, TBBT and shows like this
>>
For me I hated everyone too but as the seasons went on Frank grew on me
>>
File: cleavage1.jpg (236 KB, 1106x550) Image search: [Google]
cleavage1.jpg
236 KB, 1106x550
>>70217340
It's less about wanting feel good times over a laugh track and more at the morbid realization that every politician is like this and should be fed into a Saw like contraption as punishment.

Honestly how can you not want to nuke DC after watching this show.
>>
>>70217024
> Why can't I enjoy this show?
because you're a pleb
>>
faggot
Kevin Spacey will make America great again, but the show rapidly loses quality in the second season and is total shit by the third
>>
>>70217340
*tips fedora*
>>
>>70218547
The fact that you needed a tv show in order to realize that means you deserve your politicians.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.