[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why hasn't Disney made an Oriental princess? Mulan doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: IqFw6Lr~01.png (189 KB, 314x302) Image search: [Google]
IqFw6Lr~01.png
189 KB, 314x302
Why hasn't Disney made an Oriental princess?

Mulan doesn't count, she was neither royalty nor did she marry into it.
>>
>>70208271
>oriental
Get your racist fucking ass right out of here
>>
>>70208271
"Princess" refers to their branding, not whether or not they're actual royalty within their own story.

To be a Disney Princess is to be part of a merchandise line, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
because dey arr rook saym
>>
File: 1440482361426.jpg (174 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
1440482361426.jpg
174 KB, 1533x961
>>70208318
Oriental isn't a race
>>
>>70208271
Disney said Mulan counts so they don't give a fuck anymore about Asia.
>>
>>70208378
so do all Disney princesses
>>
>>70208318
Orientals get offended that you think oriental is a bad word.
>>
>>70208271
India/Arabia/Agrabah is in Orient, you fuck

PooinLoo from Aladdin
>>
>>70208410
They clearly do if they put dr. Chinaman in iron man 3 just for china
>>
>>70208453
Who asked them?

I decide what's offensive and what's not, you shitlord
>>
>>70208382
I think he's a burger. For some reason in yankland calling someone from The Orient an Oriental is somehow raysisum.

It's really stupid and lacks any form of logic, but that is the land where "coloured people" is racist and "people of colour" isn't.

Basically, just ignore them.
>>
>>70208410
Yet they still make more movies for WHITE CIS WOMEN like Frozen when there's only one for African Americans.

Absolutely problematic.
>>
>>70208502
kek
>>
>>70208469
Orient is almost exclusively east asia.
>>
>>70208271
If by Oriental you mean Asian....

Jasmine is technically one.

Mulan wasnt a real princess but she counts
>>
>>70208519
>For some reason in yankland calling someone from The Orient an Oriental is somehow raysisum.
The reason is Asian people see how much attention black people get when they cry racism, and they want attention too. So they pretend to be offended by just about everything.
>>
>>70208519
I don't know why, it's not considered a slur but something outdated. I think kids think because no one uses it anymore it must be very offensive like calling someone a chink.
>>
Shut up losers
>>
File: smug cup.jpg (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
smug cup.jpg
14 KB, 225x225
>Distinct within U.S.A. culture, some American English speakers consider the term "Oriental" to be an antiquated, pejorative, and disparaging term. John Kuo Wei Tchen, director of the Asian/Pacific/American Studies Program and Institute at New York University, said the basic critique of the term developed in U.S.A. in the 1970s. Tchen has said: "With the U.S.A. anti-war movement in the '60s and early '70s, many Asian Americans identified the term 'Oriental' with a Western process of racializing Asians as forever opposite 'others'."[7] In a 2009 American press release related to legislation aimed at removing the term "oriental" from official documents of the State of New York, Governor David Paterson said: "The word 'oriental' does not describe ethnic origin, background or even race; in fact, it has deep and demeaning historical roots".[8]

>In 2016, President Barack Obama signed legislation striking the word from federal law.[9]

>Yanks
>>
File: 26sino-cartoon01-articleLarge.jpg (162 KB, 600x1030) Image search: [Google]
26sino-cartoon01-articleLarge.jpg
162 KB, 600x1030
>>70208271
Chinese beat them to it.

Muslim Chinese concubine turned princess coming through.
>>
>oriental
>from the orient
>from the east
I don't get what the fuck is racist about this term

t. chink
>>
>>70208587
>>70208469
Orientals are East Asian.

Get out of here with that raghead shit.
>>
>why hasn't disney made an asian princess
>the asian princess they made doesn't count

quality thread
>>
>>70208482
Caring about China(Mulan) is not the same as caring about Asia.
>>
>>70208731
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AMERISHITS
Oh sorry I meant shits of american origin
>>
File: noice.jpg (162 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
noice.jpg
162 KB, 853x1280
>>70208271

there may be some friction with white audiences if disney presents an asian figure more attractive to young impressionable audiences than a european figure
>>
Kairi is an asian princess.
>>
>>70208815
That's funny, don't chinks hate their muslim turk minorities and oppress the shit out of them
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.