[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand how or why this movie is getting shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: apocalypse.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse.jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
I don't understand how or why this movie is getting shit on by critics
It wasn't the best thing I've ever seen, certainly not as good as Days of Future Past, but it was good

The primary problem is that it's incredibly slow-going, which means the only real action scene is the climax which is overloaded to capacity
And it's that slow because there's a few too many plot threads, like the weird unnecessary Moira shit

But otherwise it's a solid capeshit movie with the same strong cast as usual and enough fanservicey bits to keep it entertaining
It also has Nightcrawler, the objectively best X-Man

It is weird though how it's supposed to be ten years after the last movie and every single character looks the exact same age as last time
>>
>>70206269
>inb4 some redditor spams the r/t meme
>>
Olivia Munn is a main character. Of course it's shit.
>>
>>70206361
I don't think she had a single speaking line
Her thighs got more screen time than her mouth
>>
>>70206309
the OP is literally moaning about the critics you berk.
>>70206269
it was better than all other capeshit films this year but I haven't seen deadpool because it looks like a cringefest
>>
>>70206470
it's not, it's actually rather witty and fun.
>>
Critics secretly resent capeshit but don't have the balls to nitpick Civil War so they dump on Apocalypse. I'm not saying Civil War isn't a better movie. I'm just saying ctitics seems very nit picky about Apocalypse from the reviews I read.
>>
>>70206773
Why are you talking about Civil War?
>>
>>70206269
>>70206309
>>70206361
>>70206430
>>70206470
>>70206646
>>70206773
>>70207094

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoPDDQWRFhc&feature=youtu.be

Apocalypse was a 5/10 at best. It was lazy, doing nothing that hadn't been done before, overly long, had nothing to be invested in, and was completely predictable.

It was like a watered down best hits compilation of the series as a whole done by Kidz Bop. you got all these young crap actors dressing up as characters we've seen before done better.

You really couldn't have asked for a better cast in the original movies, with Romjin, Jackman, Jensen, and especially Mckellen and Stewart.
Not to mention Apocalypse doesn't do a damn thing and we know he's going to lose for a dumb reason at the end when he's literally a god.
>>
>>70207844
fuck you, this isn't Reddit, I won't conform to your opinion.
>>
>>70207844
I see your point and I miss the original cast as well but fuck off with that youtube shit. It was still a sollid movie
>>
>>70207911
you can do whatever you want autist, no one's forcing you to agree with me
>>
>>70207934
it wasn't really solid though, it was just a lazy retread when it comes to every character and aspect. OH hey here's amnesia bitch, why did I even take your memories again? magneto wants to kill everybody AGAIN, mystique is back to not knowing a side to choose and being an outsider when she doesn't matter anyway, you could've picked literally anyone to be the horsemen besides sword lady and bird man, the quicksilver shit sucked, etc etc. the william striker base scenes sucked compared to X2 and the fight with lady deathstroke or whatever, it all was weak dude
>>
>>70207844
>we know he's going to lose for a dumb reason at the end when he's literally a god

So is Jean Grey
Except not an exaggeration, she has a LITERAL god inside her
>>
>>70208061
he could've disintegrated everyone by then, and you are right, I hate the whole phoenix aspect too.

it's dbz powerlevel faggotry that makes any other interesting character useless.

see when the big bad is just a smart evil man who can control metal, it's a foil to a guy like wolverine who's made of metal, so he can't just use brawn over brains to solve every situation. That can make for an interesting movie, not Jean Grey who can go super saiyan 20
>>
>>70208335
He was simultaneously fighting like ten people at the same time including a psychic power fight with the most powerful telepath on the planet

I think he had good reason to not be using the full extent of his powers
>>
This movie was whole a lot more fun than Civil War. We'll compare because people think CW is the best thing ever when it was a fucking borefest between very standart action segments. Besides the chase. I love good chases. And this movie goes against X-Men. So fuck off.

Given that you have shit load of characters to introduce it's ok that pacing was slow(mind you not all over the place) in the end they became connected in a pretty decent way.

Also HOW FUN WAS THIS MOVIE? Based Quicksilver, Nightcrawler, Weapon X, Astral Battle, Bro love between Cykes and Havok, 80s aesthetistics. Tye Sheridan looks promising. Jean Grey was meh, she really can't act. Even JLaw WASNT terrible. Moira plotline was so unnessecary though. I also didn't like the family focus on Magneto that could have been done better.

Last scene hyped the shit out of me.
>>
I laughed my ass off when Havoc blew up the X mansion and died
>>
>>70206269
Disney marketing has deep pockets
>>
File: 1464134417008.gif (3 MB, 800x352) Image search: [Google]
1464134417008.gif
3 MB, 800x352
It was better than BvS by a mile, but it still fell a mile short of CW.

It was good fun, if this was the only super hero movie coming out this year id be stoked. But bvs has to shit the bed while deadpook took all the manchild dollars.

Just tired of cape movies.
>>
>>70206269
It was a good movie but it's annoying how much time they waste on Mags and Raven

I thought BvS was ok as well

No idea why reviewers bashed both films as gutter trash
>>
File: 1351996-cellperfectkamenv[1].png (389 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1351996-cellperfectkamenv[1].png
389 KB, 640x480
>>70208931
>He was simultaneously fighting like ten people at the same time

You got that right
>>
It's 6/10 at best, there was some really good stuff but that's it. Maybe because it came out after Civil War? I personally like CW a lot more. I watched Apocalypse with the same people as and most of them enjoyed CW more without knowing much of these universes.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.