[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just watched Manhunter for the first time and I have just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
So I just watched Manhunter for the first time and I have just one question.

Is it wrong of me that I like Brian Cox's performance as Hannibal Lector more than Anthony Hopkins?
>>
File: Do you see.jpg (342 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Do you see.jpg
342 KB, 1600x1067
>>70204646
Not at all.

Hopkins was alright in Silence, but after that it was a parody.
>>
>>70204646
That is the patrician opinion.
Hopkins was too comical, where Cox felt actually scary and threatening.
>>
>>70204809
>too comical
that's pretty valid. that smile on face took away from the menace. I suppose it was intentional.
>>
>>70204646
No, Cox was very good. That movie has such a great look to it. It's probably my second favorite Mann feature, after Heat.
>>
Manhunter being better than Silence of the Lambs is the worst contrarian opinion EVER.
>>
File: Frank the Dollar.jpg (35 KB, 842x361) Image search: [Google]
Frank the Dollar.jpg
35 KB, 842x361
>>70204879
>prefers watching "my stronk lesbian womyn" vs. based Wil Petersen
>thinks Hopkins cartoonish parody of a performance is better than Brian Cox realistic menacing performance
>Doesn't think Dennis Farina is the ultimate Jack Crawford

Pic related: you owe him AWE!
>>
>>70205443
Manhunter is cheesy as fuck.
>>
>>70204646
That was Hannibal Lecktor, not Hannibal Lector. It's not canon.
>>
>>70205537

That's because you're weak.

You need to get strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foFw7djyELc
>>
>>70204646
Brian Cox is the patrician choice
Mads: perfect choice
Hopkins: meme choice
>>
>>70206678

The soundtrack in general was fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsWq1MtI3vI
>>
>>70206920
>because....because you watched them. Didn't you. You watched them, you sick son of a bitch...
>>
I like older movies

the characters are less cartoony and tryhard because the material isn't trying to one-up a previous movie

Manhunter's Hannibal felt like another human being but is frighteningly capable of being a calculating killer compared to Anthony Hopkins smirking tongue flicking villain
>>
>>70204646
So, someone made another version of this thread, an hour later: >>70206809

What gives???
>>
File: Loundsing about.gif (988 KB, 500x228) Image search: [Google]
Loundsing about.gif
988 KB, 500x228
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.