[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did he deserve it? Also, can we blame him all of the weird stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: leoglobes3-xlarge.jpg (132 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
leoglobes3-xlarge.jpg
132 KB, 1280x721
Did he deserve it?
Also, can we blame him all of the weird stuff that's been happening?
>>
>>70201625
He absolutely did not deserve it for The Revenant. Literally memes were the only reason he got it. Arguably he deserved it for some prior roles like Wolf of Wall Street but definitely not for Revenant. He wasn't even the best performance in that movie.
>>
>>70202920
Yeah that's pretty common in Hollywood. Al Pacino got snubbed for the Oscar in The Godfather but got it for Scent of A Woman, go figure.
>>
>>70201625
He deserves it in the sense that he's an amazing actor whose film repertoire earn him the top accolade that is an Oscar, but not for the Revenant alone. He is one of those actors that got it for the film where he least deserver it. He's still GOAT though.
>>
>>70202982
>Al Pacino got snubbed for the Oscar in The Godfather

won the guy from "Cabaret", what the fuck is that movie about? a musical? lol.
>>
who fucking cares
>>
>>70201625

he was good enough in it to not not deserve it

so who cares
>>
File: Leo_Oscars_2.webm (2 MB, 360x642) Image search: [Google]
Leo_Oscars_2.webm
2 MB, 360x642
>>70203071
This. He was good in The Revenant but he's been better in other films. It felt like he won because of his career not because of a single role.
>>
>>70203940
Not that I don't think you're right but that's irrelevant. It's not an award for best performance of your career.
>>
File: Leo_Oscars_1.webm (3 MB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
Leo_Oscars_1.webm
3 MB, 360x640
>>70204216
I know that, that's why I'm saying the award didn't feel authentic. It felt like the only reason they gave him the award for best performance was because he was snubbed so many other times where he actually had better performances. Like they were making up for it.
>>
>>70201625
What weird stuff?
>>
>finally wins an oscar
>uses his speech to perpetuate the climate change myth
Fucking hell, just accept the award, don't go on a tangent about the now disproven idea of global warming
>>
Should have won it for Blood Diamond or Django. But Revenant definitely wasn't undeserving.
>>
>>70202920
>Literally memes were the only reason he got it

>yfw meme magic strikes again
>>
>>70201625
it was literally a meme win , wolf of wall street leo > revenant leo
>>
>>70203292
Cabaret is a pretty good movie, famalam

Give it a try sometime.

Yes, it's a musical, but not all musicals are inherently bad
>>
>>70201625
hardy was better in that film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5tT5Fz9Rhw
>>
>>70205530
>Yes, it's a musical, but not all musicals are inherently bad

they are not movies.
>>
>>70205368
>I watched a 10min youtube video on climate change so I'm an expert on the subject

Never mind that 97 percent or more of active publishing climate scientists agree that it's real.
>>
File: kermit .gif (1 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
kermit .gif
1 MB, 500x280
>>70202982
happened to his mentor martin also

The departed was good though
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.