[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't DC make a good superhero movie? It's not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1463726495161.jpg (163 KB, 640x794) Image search: [Google]
1463726495161.jpg
163 KB, 640x794
Why can't DC make a good superhero movie?
It's not that hard the material is all right there yet they keep fucking it up.
>>
MoS and BvS are better than any MCU film.
>>
>>70191978
No one can make a good superhero movie. Content from visual novels designed for children learning to read will never make a fulfilling movie no matter how much you try to stretch it.
>>
>>70192073

No.
>>
>>70192073
MARTHA
A
R
T
H
A
>>
>>70191978
Back to >>>/co/ and >>>/v/
>>
>>70192073
/Thread
>>
>>70191978
I'll give you an honest answer regardless if youre baiting or not.

Marvel understands that what comic fans want is a comic book told in a movie format. They give fans what they want, they stay true to their characters, and they look at their movies as part of a "universe". DC movies like to try and "elevate" their material by alienating their true audience and trying to make something for wider audiences and making them more "intelligent".

Batman is not Jesus
Superman is not God
Iron Man is Iron Man
Thor is Thor
Hulk is Hulk

thats what it boils down to in my opinion. Fox has the same problem with the X-Men.
>>
>>70192362
What DC does is like the equivalent of taking Rocky Balboa and trying to make him the star of a cerebral political drama. It doesn't make sense and it alienates/pisses off the core audience that made the character popular in the first place.
>>
>>70192362
>>70192521
>we should only pander to manchildren who will projectile shart the instant the concept of the superhero becomes a vehicle for themes a bit more mature than dude the government and superheroes don't get along lmao

I didnt even like BvS but give me a break with this reddit shit.
>>
>>70192134
I don't understand anyone who can enjoy a fucking super hero movie.
>>
>>70192774
Did I say that you illiterate fuck? I was explaining why Marvel are better received by superhero fans. OP asked why DC can't make good SUPERHERO MOVIES. Not why can't DC make GOOD MOVIES.

Trying to elevate superheros to some political commentary bullshit is fucking stupid and alienates the core audience. They don't want forced religious allegory they want to see Batman doing Batman shit on the big screen. Sure there are tons of underlying mature themes in comics but mostly they are about cool characters doing cool shit.
>>
>>70192774
By all means if someone wants to make a superhero movie that deals with mature themes they should do it. I'd be first in line. But rewriting Batman and Superman to fit some forced narrative is pointless and a losing battle.
>>
>>70192161
Yes.
>>
Jesus christ bvs is tearing everything apart
>>
>>70192362

Excellent summation. The only one Fox got right was Deadpool and that was probably due to it being a bastard child they never really paid attention to. Made on a shoestring, the crew got to do what they want.
>>
>>70192073
This
>>
>>70193073
that's exactly what I said you stupid faggot, who gives a shit about pandering to le true audience if they're gonna stifle any and all artistic impulse
>>
>>70192362

Excellent points!
>>
>>70191978
Because Marvel has the Disney touch.

You know, that inoffensive, reaches across all aisles, crowd-pleasing something or another that has put them at the top of family entertainment and cinematic innovation (keep in mind that they were the first to truly do animation and the first to release a fully computer animated feature).

Disney isn't stupid. They study what people want and hire artists who know how to deliver.

DC/WB doesn't know what the hell they're doing, but they sure wish it was more profitable.

And all Fox and Sony learned from Deadpool is that R-rated features are probably more profitable than PG-13 fare at this point in time. They have no idea why that movie was successful (who does, honestly?) beyond the fact that adults seemed to see it as a privilege that a medium typically reserved for juveniles, comics, was packaged for them, adults in arrested development, instead.
>>
>>70192362
i would be hard pressed to find a marvel comics fan who likes the movies.

also
>Superman is not God
you really dont know what your talking about do you.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.