[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Hobbit Trilogy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: The_Hobbit_trilogy_dvd_cover.jpg (158 KB, 300x403) Image search: [Google]
The_Hobbit_trilogy_dvd_cover.jpg
158 KB, 300x403
What went right?
>>
Martin Freeman was casted well. Otherwise it was a fucking shitshow
>>
>>70191166
the Riddles in the Dark segment and nothing else.
>>
Smaug was well done but then they ended the 2nd part on a cliffhanger that ended in the first 5 minutes of the third movie a year later
>>
That one scene with Gollem was alright.
>>
>>70191166
very few things, bilbo's casting being the obvious one. although the titular character got to be fuck all in his movie lol
>>
Casting of Bilbo, casting of about half of the dwarves. Very beginning of AUJ was alright, I felt. Smaug was also well done, even if some of the shit that happened (golden statue, "I will now turn my son into the Windlance") was dumb. Music was well done, but not as memorable and gripping as LOTR.

Even if the material was poor, I liked seeing Cate Blanchett as Galadriel, and Christopher Wren as Saruman, again

Overall it was still 2/3 terrible.
>>
>>70192280
>Christopher Wren
... Christopher Lee. He wasn't that old.
>>
The dwarf song was good.
>>
I watched 40 minutes of unexpected journey, was bored and turned it off. From what ive seen, they dont get better.

I rewatch the lotr extended editions on blu ray every year and the Hobbit is my favorite book in the series
>>
File: 1451608623804.png (185 KB, 284x299) Image search: [Google]
1451608623804.png
185 KB, 284x299
I thought they were good.
>>
>>70191202
Martin Freeman was like a contemporary, reflexively ironic, le quirky, quippy urbanite.

Awful. I detest him.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.