[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this considered so innovative and special compared to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Deadpool_poster.jpg (19 KB, 261x381) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool_poster.jpg
19 KB, 261x381
Why was this considered so innovative and special compared to other capeshit?

in the end it was the same formular as any other capeshit.

>1. overcome personal struggle
>2. kill the bad guy
>3. save the woman

the only difference is he talks to the audience and does reddit jokes.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>70189273
JUST
>>
Who said that?
>>
>>70189273

It was Fox making a MCU-styled movie and pulling it off properly: credit where it's due, eh.
>>
File: only the dead.jpg (71 KB, 555x545) Image search: [Google]
only the dead.jpg
71 KB, 555x545
>>70189273

It's not innovative at all, that's just how horrible all the other superhero movies are.
>>
>>70189273
No one said it was innovative or special, but it was very well done. For the kind of character he's seen as, Reynolds was damn near perfect in portraying him not only as a goofball, but also as a serious character with other emotions. It'd be easy to just write it off as "lolmemesgetpaid", but it felt like you could actually sympathize with Wade
>>
>>70189273
>does reddit jokes
Name one
>>
>>70189685
Reference to Rosie O'Donnell.
>>
>the plot is a character has to achieve a goal

just drop it any time you see this cliche
>>
>>70189273
>Why was this considered so innovative and special compared to other capeshit?

Because the opening credits mocked the people who made the movie and he breaks the 4th wall and it was R-rated on purpose.
>>
>>70189273
yeah i agree OP. I'm not a capeshit fan but i gave this one a shot because everyone was praising it for being subversive but it's literally the same thing as the rest with a dose of "meta humor".
>>
Le edgy violence and dick jokes
>>
>>70189742
is Rossie O'donnel propety of reddit? does she have copyright and the makers of this film asked reddit if they can use her name?
>>
>>70189273
Because it was the first R rated capeshit film even though it wasn't
>>
>>70189273
>Why was this considered so innovative
Nobody called it this, stop getting mad at your imagination.
>>
Because it was a parody of the genre
>>
>>70189519
This. Given all the garbage Fox has pushed out, its honestly a miracle they didnt fuck this up too.
>>
>>70189608
>it felt like you could actually sympathize with Wade

This was the first time in my life when I wanted to flay a person.

At some point of the movie I started throwing things at TV. Literally one of the worst movies I've seen in my entire life. The humour was lower than Craig Mazin tier which is pretty abysmal.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.