[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cool examples of method acting general? This one's the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: FREAKED.png (446 KB, 363x527) Image search: [Google]
FREAKED.png
446 KB, 363x527
Cool examples of method acting general?

This one's the most obvious:

Even director David Ayer wasn’t safe from Leto’s twisted vision.

One time I yelled ‘cut’ and Jared turned to me and said ‘what if someone just stood in the middle of Wall Street and yelled cut? Maybe the monkeys in suits would forget their trained routine of going to work’. My jaw hit the floor and it never really came back up. That’s when I thought, is he getting in character to play Joker, or is Joker something that been in him all along?

Sometimes I would go to look into one of the cameras, and I noticed Jared had put something in the lens. It was stuff like ‘What if cameras were guns? would you buy a mass murderer’ and ‘Lights. Camera. Insanity.’ I had to ask him to stop because I was getting too scared to direct.
>>
LIGHTS
>>
>>70186272
CAMERA
>>
DDL's many roles
>>
>>70186207
>kick me
>youtube - glam&gore

I don't read comics so I don't know if they pulled that shit from the source material but jesus christ that's the worst idea from this shitshow to date.
>>
File: 1418.gif (769 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1418.gif
769 KB, 320x180
>>70186207
>or is Joker something that been in him all along?
>>
I'm worried I might invite the Joker into my mind when I go see this movie.

How do I keep this from happening?
>>
>>70186207
MTV News caught up to Will Smith, who only had one topic on his mind - the literal insanity that is Jared Leto.

"He's gone deep into this performance, know what I'm saying? Me and the crew are getting worried for our boy. I don't know if he coming out from this the same way he went in. I keep telling him to hold up, he doesn't have to method act his sanity away, that his family are worried about him. Yo, his own mom's getting very freaked out by this. But Jared won't stop. I don't know if he can stop."

Rumors abound that Leto has been refusing to remove the Joker makeup after shoots, and is instead driving ice cream vans with blacked out windows through playgrounds dressed as the Joker
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 280x358
Even director Christopher Nolan wasn't safe from Gillen's twisted vision.

>"One time I yelled 'cut' and Gillen turned to me and said 'what if someone just stood in the middle of an airstrip and yelled cut? Maybe the mercenaries with friends would forget their trained routine of getting on board' My jaw hit the floor and it never really came back up. That's when I thought, is he getting in character to play CIA, or is CIA something that's been in him all along?"

>"Sometimes i would go to look into the cameras, and I noticed Gillen had put something in the lens. It was stuff like 'What if cameras were flight plans? Would you call it in with the agency?' and 'Lights. Camera. Bane?' I had to ask him to stop because I was getting too scared to direct."
>>
>method acting
>cool

It's called acting for a reason
>>
>>70186207
You know, I think the worst implication from Suicide Squad so far is that Harley and Joke Man literally stayed up all night tattooing edgy shit on each other's bodies for shits and giggles

Like they've got nothing better to do
>>
>>70186207
leto is trying too hard
>>
> someone jokes that Letos acting was a bit TOO in character
> turns in to a meme with stupid shit Leto is doing
> few months later, the meme comes true

How is /tv/ doing this
>>
>>70186207
chris evans is literally sucking dicks 7x24 since it was announced that captain will become an homosex
>>
>>70186207
I hate method actors. Pretentious faggots.
>>
>>70186207
That guy's completely bonkers...
>>
>>70186207
Hard to believe this same guy directed "End of Watch"
>>
>>70186609
what a time to be a alive

this absolute madman is one of my all time favourite memes
>>
>>70187838
proof?
>>
>>70187989
>I wonder
>I wonder what he was thinking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKEumcjARwY
>>
>>70186207

I'm not sure if this is made-up, but I feel like this is the stupidest route they could have gone down in with trying to follow Heath Ledger's Joker. There is just no chance they will be able to compete with that in darkness and intensity. He won a fucking Oscar for it. In a capeshit movie.

They should have done like this super calm, serious, Al Pacino-like business man and just added some very small, subtle Joker-like details. Just going in the complete opposite direction is the only way they could have taken us by surprise and impressed us again with the Joker.
>>
>>70186207
plz someone shop REDDIT on his back.
>>
>>70186301

MEMES
>>
>>70187771
It's meme magic. Nobody can excape
>>
Martha's gonna freak
>>
>said ‘what if someone just stood in the middle of Wall Street and yelled cut? Maybe the monkeys in suits would forget their trained routine of going to work’

Each of those monkeys make more in a month than Leto makes in a year. Leto, like most "artist" have an inflated sense of their own importance.

Also, they'd ignore the shout, as would anyone anywhere.
>>
>>70187636

I think it's cute, it's a bonding thing

They're fucking comic book characters, what kind of autism makes you treat them like real human beans?
>>
>>70188244
What? That's literally every film. They're characters, they're supposed to be relatable on an emotional level. That's the entire point of acting.
>>
>>70187875
What do you do?
>>
>>70188061
This. Bump.
>>
>>70188061
Not sure. Leto's joker seems like a caricature while Ledger's was, in his madness, very human. Might be interesting, Jared is a decent actor I'm sure he's not gonna screw it up too much.
>>
>>70188061
He won an Oscar because be he died. Same reason every criticism of the film is glossed over.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 465x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 465x262
>>
>>70190287
I know for a FACT.

That woman never toned it down.

Dedicated.
>>
>>70190287
I still remember the burning pyre of of fury this ad campaign ignited in me. And marketing companies keep trying shit like it.
>>
>>70186207

>Method acting as the Joker
>All he does is spout Jaden Smith tier philosophical questions

It's like he's really the Joker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: mememagic.jpg (117 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
mememagic.jpg
117 KB, 720x960
>>70187771
Sometimes the collective consciousness of /tv/ gets too strong for reality
>>
Whenever I hear news about Jared Leto, I can't help but think about the Joker Updates.
>>
>>70190287
>>70190421
will mainstream media ever fully recover from this?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.