[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of going through the tunnel, kidnap a cop,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: tunnel.png (358 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
tunnel.png
358 KB, 1280x536
What was the point of going through the tunnel, kidnap a cop, then kidnap a dude, track him to a house, kill a bunch more dudes and then another dude?

Why not just track the dude to the house with a drone and then nuke the place from orbit?
>>
>>70185451

Sicario?
>>
You can't nuke drug dealers, anon. You can't even kill them either, hence sending the Colombian.
>>
>>70185485
Yes.
>>70185540
But surely there are easier ways to kill them than sending a lone guy through a tunnel? There is literally no reason they couldn't just give him a fucking cop car and send him across the border. What if that cop hadn't been at the tunnel at all? Then they would have been fucked.
>>
That whole sequence is admittedly the hardest to buy in the movie. Benicio was pretty much playing Solid Snake.
>>
are you kidding me?

He didn't want to just kill him, he wanted to kill him personally and look at his eye. He also kill his family in front of him. It was personal.
>>
>>70186085
But why was this about what some lawyer wanted? Brolin could just have sent in a SWAT team or some shit. They really wanted that dude dead, why risk it all on such a flaky plan as "go through tunnel and hope there's a cop we can kidnap"?
>>
>>70185889
Deniability. A drone strike isn't deniable at all. The cop wasn't necessary, just an easier way in I'd assume.

Also we can't assume that the guy wouldn't be watching for anything along those lines.

Also drone strikes on sovereign Mexican soil? How out of touch with geopolitics are you. We can't even officially drone strike regions of Pakistan and you think Mexico is a possibility?

You're either underage, stupid, or troll
>>
>>70186226
They kidnapped some guy's brother, surely they can fuck another guy up.
>>
>>70186192
He's not some lawyer. He works for another cartel as a hitman as in Sicario. He wanted this and they pretty much had to help him so he can help them as well. No one had to do anything, they didn't really need to kill anyone. It's just now they're moving towards a new direction all of this shit is part of it.
>>
The plan was to have Benicio hijack the transport of whoever it was who was carrying the drugs. Happened to be a cop.
>>
>>70185451
Those are some lewd fingers
>>
>>70186361
But why not just give him a car and send him across the border? What if the cop had panicked and just driven away before Benicio could get to them?

It's okay if it's just a stupid action sequence, I just wanna know if there's something I missed.
>>
>>70186506
>But why not just give him a car and send him across the border?
It's been a while since I saw the movie but I think he needed to kidnap someone to get to the first big dog.

>What if the cop had panicked and just driven away before Benicio could get to them?
Well then they'd have failed.

Come on. The plot is tighter than your average movie. If you liked it so much and have this many questions you should rewatch it.
>>
>>70186506
The tunnel raid had two objectives: neutralize the tunnel and immediate drug smuggling operation and inserting del taco. Going through the tunnel also left no record of del taco being in the country which increases deniability.
>>
My question is similar to the OP's. They were monitoring the movement of the 'middle' man before the assault on the tunnel. Sicario then infiltrates the tunnel, hijacks the cop's car to pursue and hijack the middle man's car to later gain access to the big house.

Other than to create a "loud noise", to paraphrase Josh Brolin's character, why did anything with the tunnel have to happen when they already knew the location of the middle man?

Was it just a thematic decision? One of the film's motifs is a lack of information on Kate's part and the political decision making that she's kept in the dark about.
>>
>>70187002
As said in >>70186935 it wasn't just about the middle man, it was about shitting on the cartel. Ruining the tunnel means that any lieutenants in the cartel that would become the new leadership can't easily resume the smuggling operation.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.