[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Generation Kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.jpg (115 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
115 KB, 1680x1050
Anyone watched? I just finished, loved it.
>>
It was pretty good yeah

I recommend generation war, german one thats good too.
>>
>>70185340
Very under-rated, great show
>>
POHLEESE DAT MOOOSTACHE
>>
>>70185402
Not seen it, similar?
>>
I'M JUST A TEENAGE DIRTBAG BABY
>>
>>70185551
kek
>>
>>70185551
That guy IRL is in prison now for fucking a kid
>>
>>70185562
Not really except the name but is a great show all the same. Follows a bunch of friends as they go through the Second World War, start to finish. Oh its German perspective by the way.
>>
>>70185689
I'll check it out, thanks.
>>
>>70185689

Und das ist warum ich like it.
>>
To any newbies I highly suggest you watch GK before Band of Brothers. GK is illuminating and worth a watch but pales hard in comparison to BoB. And ditch The Pacific, it was just unrelenting depravity that actually gets boring before the third episode (but if you're on a soldier bingewatch, watch The Pacific first to appreciate the others better)
>>
>>70186122

I watched The Pacific, still haven't seen BoB.

I'm worried that The Pacific is better than Band of Brothers, and I'll enjoy BoB less because of it.
>>
>>70185340
Ah man, this show was superb in showing how big the chaos and overall clusterfuck fighting in a modern war can be.

>sgt major giving his mustache speech with the guy behind him doing the hitler imitation
>captain america and his AKs
>frooty rudy who plays himself
>>
>>70186367
It isnt, the Pacific isn't bad, but BoB is imo a legendary series that should be mandatory to watch for any male. Only thing which lessens the impact is Ambroses shady use of sources.
>>
>>70186367
Band of brothers is better than the Pacific. but that could just be because im in the army
>>
>>70186367
The pacific is good but nowhere near as good as BoB
>>
>>70186122
>ditch The Pacific

what a fucking pleb haha wow
>>
>>70186378
don't forget this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXjXmvy-c34

or shit like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaDf6r8NpOU
>>
>>70185340
Where can I watch this without downloading a bunch of viruses?
>>
>>70188857
check the torrent content is only mp4 and you'll be golden. There's also a couple with mkv in it, that works too.
>>
>>70187907
what's the difference between the marines and the army anyway?
>>
It does a fantastic job of showing how completely fucked modern leadership in the military is.

Once you're a certain rank you can literally be a complete retard and no one can ever do anything to actually stop you. Even nearly getting yourself and all your men killed with your own airstrike is seen as alright because removing you from your position would cause bad PR for the Corps.

It's as realistic a fictional series can possibly get about the current state of Marine Corps leadership.
>>
>>70185688
the real guy mind, not the actor
>>
>>70188975
if you ask the army they'll say marines think they're special snowflakes (even though they're just a department of the navy)

if you ask marines, army are all POGs
>>
>>70185340
Better or worse than the book? The book was pretty terrific.
>>
>>70189121
The show is terrific

Best war drama since Band of Brothers
>>
>>70189106
pogs?
>>
>>70189157
position other than grunt.

Most Marines are POGs. The overwhelming majority of the Army are POGs. Unless you pound dirt as an 0311 or some variant in the 03 field you're a POG.

I was a Marine POG. Never saw a day of combat in 5 years.
>>
>>70189001
If he'd actually called the airstrike, he'd end up dead too, guaranteed. Problem solves itself.

Which was the point the show was making. Military is always just barely controlled chaos directed in the general directions of an enemy. It can't solve problems, only cause them.
>>
>>70189224
Not from Generation Kill, but the best derogatory military slang term I've heard is fobbit

Were you a fobbit?
>>
>>70189309
No, I never even deployed.

I got stuck at one base for 5 years doing jackshit.
>>
>>70189224
Oh, which MOS? Were you a water dog?
>>
>>70189355
Nope.

Military Police.
>>
>>70189387
Awesome

What was the worst thing you had to deal with, other than the boredom?

Are you a LEO now?
>>
>>70189483
I didn't really do much man. And no, I got out of law enforcement. Hopefully one day I can move completely out of public service (which is all your vet card can get you unless you actually got a good MOS).

Basically if you're gonna join, either go all the way and try to be a badass, or secure yourself the best possible job with the sweetest hook ups.
>>
>>70189224
Who'd win in a fight - Marine Recon, or Marine CSO?
>>
>>70189579
I don't know. Probably depends on the guy. There are admin and postal clerks that are like 250+ roid monkeys that practice Krav Maga and other gay shit all day every day.

I met a few people that claimed some kind of operator status, a lot of them didn't look the part. I'm really not in a position to say.
>>
>>70189121
> reading books
Like unironically ?
>>
>>70189665
Yeah man, I don't even have hipster glasses or a manbun
>>
File: gk2-3[1].jpg (38 KB, 800x451) Image search: [Google]
gk2-3[1].jpg
38 KB, 800x451
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq_YkWaKCDk&list=FLRkkJOyAtzY23P7Mtwx5NbQ&index=1

Generation Kill Tank Masturbation Scene

>tfw I'll never have my dick on the ground while a tank goes by
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.