[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck this film was about?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Zardoz.jpg (41 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Zardoz.jpg
41 KB, 620x387
>>
We don't talk about Zardoz here.
>>
cocaine
>>
>>70180953
>film

I think you mean kino
>>
>>70180953
Kino
>>
>>70180953
>Sean Connery was down to do this film no questions
>passed on lotr because he couldn't understand it
>>
what will happen to society when technology reaches a certain point and the problems with commusnism
>>
>>70181164
He was desperate to shake the Bond image.
>>
File: realistic.jpg (96 KB, 558x860) Image search: [Google]
realistic.jpg
96 KB, 558x860
>>70180953
basically a bunch of humans advanced science and achieved EVERYTHING, heaven on earth, eternal life in opulent splendor

however their own human nature eventually made them bored and decadent, causing them to abandon morals and create insanely draconian social laws in order to make things interesting, the punishment being aged into an old person, the utopia becomes a dystopia

meanwhile outside their bubble the destructors roam around suppressing the common humans in the name of their god zardoz , eventually one discovers it is all bullshit when he comes across the book "the wizard of oz" and that scene where that guy uses smoke and lights to make himself look like a god when really he isn't

so the destructor goes on an existential journey to find out how the world really works, he discovers that humans need adversity to stay grounded and that once someone has lived enough it is ok to die, he kills everyone in the bubble then goes off to marry some woman, have a kid then die of old age

it is very deep
>>
>>70181837
I agree

people laugh at Connery in a red Diaper but there was a ton of thought and imagination put into the plot
>>
zardoz is literally the unabomber manifesto in movie form
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.