[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished watching all these films for the first time. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Just finished watching all these films for the first time. I had only seen Raiders previously as a little kid. I had to turn it off at this one when Shia started swinging from vines with monkeys and the CGI and started making lamps out of their bodies.

That being said the aliens didn't bother me at all, I found them rather fun. I also enjoyed the campy villains.

What did you degenerates think? Let's ring the film and discuss.

1>3>2>4

Bonus points if you can recommend me Adventure film to fill the void Indy left me with.
>>
>>70175864
>1>3>2>4
Correct

Watch The Mummy and National Treasure
>>
>>70175864
*CGI ants started making *LIMBS
>>
>>70175864
I think 4 gets a lot of undeserved flack
>>
>>70175906
Haven't seen national treasure. Seemed kinda cheesy. It's good aye? Both?
>>
>>70175906
>Watch The Mummy and National Treasure
Be disappointed.
>>
>>70175914
I do too. The aliens fit right in. But the sterile CGI feeling and the action scenes I named in the OP still kinda kill it for me.
>>
>>70175953
The first is better but they're both fun
>>
File: secretinca2.jpg (191 KB, 576x416) Image search: [Google]
secretinca2.jpg
191 KB, 576x416
>>70175914
The first three Indy films drew inspiration from the pulpy adventure serials of the 1940s, which incidentally is when those movies take place. Since the fourth movie had to take place later due to Harrison's age, Lucas and Spielberg decided to pull more inspiration from entertainment of that era, namely campy sci-fi. Combine that with Spielberg not wanting to do Nazis anymore and Lucas being obsessed with crystal skulls since the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (well worth a watch imo), you have several of the ingredients that lead to Indy 4.

>pic related, it's from Treasure of the Incas starring Charlton Heston
>>
>>70176434
Did you enjoy four?
>>
>>70175864

Mine is

But only because of based Connery.

Also the Mummy 2 and 1 are pretty good, not Indy 3 and 1 good but close enough.
I would also recommend watching The phantom, Dragonheart, Princes bride obviously, the three musketeers from the 90 with Kiefer Southerland, He man, Conan the barbarian, First knight, Return to OZ (the best movie about the infamous wizard), Hook (best peter pan movie), Tintin, Page master, The brothers Grimm (from Terry Guilliam).

Could go on but i think i've got you covered...
>>
File: temple-of-doom[1].jpg (301 KB, 2048x1359) Image search: [Google]
temple-of-doom[1].jpg
301 KB, 2048x1359
>>70175864
>>70175906
>>70176882
>2 not being first

Tasteless
Plebs
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.