[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On a scale of 1-10, how optimistic are you? 5 and below is somewhat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
On a scale of 1-10, how optimistic are you? 5 and below is somewhat to very pessimistic, and 6 and above is somewhat to very optimistic.
>>
animation looks beautiful, but very eh on the story. dory's whole arc in finding nemo was that marlin and nemo became her family but this movie seems to be saying "fuck that" in order to have a sequel
>>
>>70173885
5.5-6

I'm indifferent, but I'm not watching any trailers so I can come in blind.
>>
>>70173885

I fucking loved every single second of Finding Nemo but this seems like a bad rehash of the first one that nobody asked for.

Then again I thought Toy Story 3 was a needless sequel before watching it and I cried like a little pussy in it.
>>
>>70173885

I think it will at least be decent, but I'm pretty confident that it won't be as great as the original.
>>

Looks like a rehash nobody wanted 10 years too late.
>>
>>70174869
Also if anything it should have been a prequel about her story but Disney doesn't have the balls for that.
>>

i rather wait for zootopia hdrips.

also im not le sequel hater , i just dont think dory was good character to carry movie

im hyped for incredibles 2 thou
>>
In the end she doesn't find her biological family but she realizes that Marlin and Nemo are her family.
>>
>>70175055
They are probably scared about doing prequels after Monsters University underperformed.

Though I honestly liked MU more than Monsters Inc
>>
0 I loathe that fucking cunts voice I will definitely not be downloading this.
>>
>>70173885
2. I'm under the impression that Ellen wanted this more than Pixar.

A straight 9 for The Incredible 2 though
>>
>>70175205
It made over 700 million

and here a prequel would make more sense than a rehash of the same story 13 years later.

I think Monsters Inc was better than University but University was still a neat movie.
>>70175314
>>70175143
Hell yeah the Incredibles as so much potential and so many possibilities for a sequel
>>
>>70173885

The days of "Pixar can do no wrong" are over. Not that I expect it to be bad. I expect it to follow the Pixar Formula that most of their movies do. I don't really know how to describe it beyond "deeply emotional story for kids". The formula itself isn't bad and is responsible for all of their best movies, but they occasionally try to force it and it doesn't feel genuine. Sometimes it feels like all they're doing is displaying a big neon sign reading "CRY NOW" and letting the Oscars roll in. They're definitely in a rut, probably because their real talent was mined and shunted over to Disney proper.
>>
>>
>>70175824
They need to do a movie that rated PG-13 already in the vain of the first 15 minutes of UP.
>>
>>70175339
I appreciate MU for not doing the same mistakes that most prequels tend to do.

>it didn't shove every single character from Inc
>wasn't filled with references and callbacks to the original
>Mike and Sulley actually went through character arcs rather than showing up the same as they were in Inc.

And most of all, it still operated under its universe old rules of "scaring is the only source of energy and humans are toxic". I dreaded that it would have human characters or end with Mike making people laugh instead of scaring them even when that shouldn't happen.
>>
>>70175143
>>70175339
I feel like I'm gonna jinx it by saying this, but Incredibles 2 is probably going to be amazing. It took so long in the first place because the director didn't even want to touch the thing again until he thought of an amazing story. Contrast that to Cars, which at this point is blatantly a cash grab, and Toy Story, which is being milked dry as we speak.
>>
>>70173885

13 fucking years. Too long has passed for me to have hype over it, but I'll still be watching it.
>>
>>70175205
>Though I honestly liked MU more than Monsters Inc

?????????????????????????????? how is that even possible?

M Inc. was a top3 pixar film and MU was just a kiddy cashgrab
>>
>>70176149
Cars never has been anything but mediocre.
So far Toy Story has been great but I fear for part 4...

Still have faith in Bird.
>>
>>70176322
*in comparison

on its own its obviously way above average for animation films
>>
The sequels never live up to the original movies.
>>
>>70176450
I think Toy Story 2 was even better than 1.
>>
>>70176019
The scene where they scared the adults was cool as shit and I'll always appreciate that Mike doesn't just become scary at the end to make the audience feel good (even though a one-eyed mouth monster is potentially scarier than most of his nerd friends).

Everything in the movie did a good job of shedding light on things in the original, which is a sign of a good prequel. I understood Mike's role in scaring better. Him being scare support makes sense, and actually he was probably underutilized in his official role.
>>
>>70173885
>14 years later
>lesbian fish
>ripping off the first plot but with switched characters

4/10 from me but 9/10 from everyone else
>>
>>70176348
The first Cars, while mediocre, was a genuine effort derived from Lasseter's autistic love of cars. The second and this upcoming third are clearly primarily for money-making purposes.
>>
File: your wife and daughter.jpg (68 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
your wife and daughter.jpg
68 KB, 500x492
>>70176700
Daily reminder that this movie isn't made for you but the woman your age that saw the first movie 13 years ago and now will go with their children to see the sequel.
>>
5, and that hurts

It looks like the same movie. They even repeat some of the jokes, like Dory doing whale noises. And the sea lions shouting "Off, off" just reminded me of the seagulls going "Mine, mine". It's the same shit. And the premise of Dory searching for her family is zzz.
>>
>>70176803
I wish I was dead.
>>
>>70177268
Blame Pixar
>>
>>70176803
If my wife was that hot I wouldn't want a daughter, because my daughter would be hot too, unless she takes after daddy. And even then...
>>
>>70178267
So you don't want a daughter because she could be beautiful which could make your life hard but you also don't want a daughter that is ugly which could make her life hard.

So selfish
>>
>>70178500
The best thing to do is just not have a daughter. Shoot your load deep so your retarded little Y sperms have a fighting chance against their graceful X sisters.
>>
>>70179053
Just tell your wife you won't pick her up if she doesn't bears you a son when brining her to the hospital when she is in labor.
>>
>>70173885

It's a bit of a doozy, since Pixar haven't made a decent sequel for a while.
>>
>>70173885
5, because I don't really give a fuck so I'm not optimistic or pessimistic.
>>
I'm incredibly butthurt that this is going to get the Oscar and people will praise it as a win for diversity, when Zootopia will certainly be the better film and get totally snubbed (even though it was directed by a gay man).
>>
>>70175824
I think I like The Incredibles and Monsters Inc so much because they aren't traditional "we have to get from A to B" plots that most Pixar movies have. I'm tired of them doing lazy road trip rehashes.
>>
>>70175824
>Sometimes it feels like all they're doing is displaying a big neon sign reading "CRY NOW" and letting the Oscars roll in.
This describes Bing-Bong's death (and honestly, most of Inside Out) pretty well. Shit is crazy heavy handed and forced.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.