[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the IRL Troy MacClure?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Troy_McClure.jpg (13 KB, 200x374) Image search: [Google]
Troy_McClure.jpg
13 KB, 200x374
Who is the IRL Troy MacClure?
>>
Tom clancy
>>
This is a good question, but there isn't just one. The Simpsons' characters are an amalgamation of characteristics from many people.
>>
Phil Hartman. You should really read the credits.
>>
>>70171389
What a fucking terrible attempt at an answer. Even my insult to you is a better answer than the piece of shit you just slapped all over you keyboard, you retarded monkey fucking cunt.
>>
>>70171556
>autism rage
>>
William Shatner.
>>
He's a pastiche of George Segal, George Hamilton and Charles Grodin.
>>
McClure was partially based on B movie actors Troy Donahue and Doug McClure, as well as Hartman himself. Following Hartman's murder in 1998, all of his Simpsons characters were retired out of respect, with Hartman's final appearance as McClure was in the tenth season episode "Bart the Mother" four months later.
>>
>>70172736
>George Segal
nigga what
>>
Nicholas Cage
>>
>>70173160
He's full of ballooney.

McClure was based on the typical "washed up" Hollywood actor. B movie actors Troy Donahue and Doug McClure served as inspiration for his name and certain character aspects.[1][12] Writer Mike Reiss later met Doug McClure's daughter, who revealed that her father had found the homage funny. His children would call their father "Troy McClure" when his back was turned.[1] According to show creator Matt Groening, Phil Hartman was cast in the role due to his ability to pull "the maximum amount of humor" out of any line he was given.[12] McClure's visual appearance is similar to that of Hartman himself.[13] When he was designed, McClure was given an extra line under his eyes to suggest that the character had gotten a facelift.[14]
>>
>>70173160
www.google.com
>>
>>70173160
I heard he plays the banjo
>>
>>70173197
>>70170516
This the IRL would be some actor (b list or otherwise) who shows up in tons of weird shit (informercials, PSAs, bit parts in low budget films etc)
>>
>>70170516
Hi I'm Eric Roberts! You might remember me from such films as Every movie you've ever watched and Your highschool play
>>
Ted Danson maybe, I bet he's done his share of corporate videos
>>
>>70173197
>Troy Donahue and Doug McClure
okay this makes sense - just generically handsome, washed-up b-movie Hollywood types

he wouldn't be the equivalent of any of the bigger A-listers, or even B or C listers we'd talk about today
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.