[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay LEGIT state all your problems with this movie and why you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 470x313
Okay LEGIT state all your problems with this movie and why you think it is bad (don't state the movie's pacing due to the extended cut not being out yet).
>>
I loved it.
>>
>>70169371
Legit is a trigger word tho.
Also,most people have forgotten it since it has been 2 months.
>>
File: KILOLAKINO.png (722 KB, 934x388) Image search: [Google]
KILOLAKINO.png
722 KB, 934x388
I had no problems besides the fact that the 4 hour cut wasn't released in theaters (and that the 3 hr Man of Steel will never be released)
It's fantastic
>>
>>70169371
my friend was complaining that why isn't their fight already shown at interval. It's taking too damn long.
>>
>>70169468
there's a 3 hour MoS documentary
>>
>>70169508
This was one of my main problems too. Batman and Superman fight took way too long to show up.

Snyder should have made this into 2 movies and called the sequel with the fight scenes BvS whilst the first would be the detective Batman/Lex Corp film with the added deleted footage of Clark snooping around.
>>
>>70169468
Some things are too good for this world ;_;
>>
>>70169508
>>70169588
Jesus christ yous are plebs
>>
>>70169371
The ending was rushed
Otherwise it's fine

>editing
Not an argument
>>
>>70169634
Wtf is your problem?

>>70169576
Is this on the Blu Ray? I will buy it if so. I am impressed when movie's nowadays have heaps of features because they hardly do.
>>
>>70169588
I think the producers got the green light from WB only coz they were already planning to jump start DCEU by making crossovers right from the beginning.
But I believe those scenes are already in the extended cut.
>>
>>70169687
Man.Of.Steel.2013.EXTRAS.BONUS.DISC.
Journey.Of.Discovery.Creating.Man.Of.Steel
>>
Lex Luthor sucked.
Wonder Woman needed more screen time to make me give a fuck
Zack Snyder is a retard and most of the problems caused by his involvement have been discussed to death
The movie needed to build to a fight between the two of them and for that to be the climax not over after 3 minutes and followed by a shoehorned Doomsday battle.
>>
>>70169658
>The ending was rushed
which I believe was what they wanted to show. You don;t have time to discuss or make battle plans to make a decision.
You get things done.
>>
File: SupermanBottle.jpg (98 KB, 446x284) Image search: [Google]
SupermanBottle.jpg
98 KB, 446x284
Pacing is a factor with the movie that was sold to me, but besides that:
>An empty, meaningless third act, with an obvious, frankly embarrassing final shot
>A variety of cop outs and misdirection to cover glaring plot holes
>Atrocious character writing, with a few exceptions (Batman/Alfred were fine)
>Jarring plot movement, from barren stretches of nothing to whiplash induced plot points being introduced
>Ignored narrative aspects DUE TO barren stretches of nothing and quickly passed plot points
There were other issues, but I honestly forget, it's been a couple of months. However, I won't forgot how much I rolled my eyes at the third act, it's easily one of the most pointless segments ever put on a screen.It was a very pretty movie that tried as hard as it could, but could not overcome the morons put in charge of writing and directing the mess. Plus,. the mid-scene credit sequence is evidence enough that WB knew people wouldn't want to continue sitting in their seats any longer after it finally ended.

I'm not sure how you think more footage will improve this mess, but overall, BvS was a jumbled hackjob, told by an idiot, full of character assassinations and rushed plot points, that meant absolutely nothing beyond a greedy studio once again trying to launch another cancerous capeshit "extended universe".
>>
>>70169988
>plot holes

Opinion disregarded
>>
File: 1463142201078.jpg (45 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
1463142201078.jpg
45 KB, 500x276
>>70170023
>>70169658
>not an argument
>this doesn't count either lol
>>
>>70169988
>mid scene credit sequence

Ask me how I know you're a marvel cuck
>>
there weren't any quips.
>>
>>70170023
Why did Luthor, who's apparently worried about Superman being god or something, it wasn't very clear, think unleashing an even more uncontrollable, powerful Kryptonian being onto a city would be a solution to his problem? What was he going to do AFTER Doomsday killed all the capes? Why didn't he take out Superman himself? He was obviously capable, with both intellect and resources. Why did he leave it in the hands of an unknown element, Batman?

Oh, I know. It's because the fucking movie is called Batman VS Superman, so the studio and Snyder needed a reason to have the two of them punch it out. The wonderful kick is, of course, this centerpiece lasts 3 fucking minutes, because it has, and always will, make no goddamn sense.

Your capeshit sucked, and it will always suck.

>>70170245
Civil War was equally awful, don't even try to deny the fact that WB knew people's ADHD would kick in, which is why they shoved in a fucking email to show off their acting hires.
>>
>>70170332
So by not understanding Luthor's motives, is it safe to say you didn't understand the movie?
>>
>titular fight lasted 5 minutes and was resolved in the dumbest way possible
>Lex being Joker light instead of a charismatic leader
>Superman died but the audience didn't gave a fuck since he had literally no character
>Wonder Woman shoved in for no reason
In the end, you had a movie with 3 heros for none of which you really cared. Batman was completely mad and made no sense, WW was in the movie to open up a file and Superman looked like he didn't even want to be there.
Also, Pa Kent talking about drowing horses was just surreal.
>>
>>70170404
How about, instead of not understanding, I forgot, because I care more about other movies than some run-of-the-mill capeshit.

Trying my hardest to remember:
>Luthor wants Kryptonite in the US as a way to tell Superman to fuck off
>Gov't says No
>Luthor does it anyways, plus gains access to Zod and the ship
>Luthor's alternative plan, once Batman acquires the Kryptonite for himself, is to use his and Zod's DNA to make Doomsday
>because ???
>Meanwhile, Luthor has been making Batman hate Superman
>because ???

Feel free to fill in the blanks, I am dying to know.
>>
Stop it DCuck, its over. Wait until sooiside skwad before you go about shilling agian.
>>
>>70170629
>>Luthor's alternative plan, once Batman acquires the Kryptonite for himself, is to use his and Zod's DNA to make Doomsday
>>because there is no way he expected Superman to loose to a human. He just wanted Superman to kill a man in cold blood & prove that "power cannot be innocent"
>>Meanwhile, Luthor has been making Batman hate Superman
>>because he doesn;t want them to talk,so they can sort things out. Without the Kryptonite ,Batman saw how batmobile fared against him. He obviously is not afraid of death anymore,but he isn't stupid. The Kryptonite was just the thing that would give Batffleck a fighting chance.

You can fill all the further fill in the blanks by yourself if you watch the movie, after all you're a big guy.
>>
>>70169371
>You can't comment on a problem in the released version, because reasons
Sigh.
>>
>>70169371
>Too many characters in too short a time
>Motivations unclear
>Action was decent but uninspired
>not nearly enough action
>not enough development for WW
>>
>>70170295
>Is she with you
>Jar of piss
>Martha
Theres some quips
>>
File: ben-affleck-ing.jpg (29 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
ben-affleck-ing.jpg
29 KB, 300x400
>>70171528
>anon is replying to himself
>anon's insecurity level is over 9000
>>
>>70171503
>>Too many characters in too short a time
>>Motivations unclear
>>Action was decent but uninspired
>>not nearly enough action
Captain America: Civil War in a nutshell.
>>
>>70170332
>The wonderful kick is
anon is butthurt
>>
File: so many evans lost their brains.jpg (406 KB, 2000x1087) Image search: [Google]
so many evans lost their brains.jpg
406 KB, 2000x1087
>>70171652
>nutshell
>>
>>70170131
more like "people who are critical about editing only are saying it because it became a meme"

It's not like they are experts in cinema or editing to make a proper argument against it.

It's like someone complaining about a costume in a period film when they don't any thing about the time period but someone online said it was wrong.
>>
I'd change the following, and I might do when I get the bluray cut

>splice Martha being kidnapped right after Bruce puts the signal on
At the moment it appears that Lex is such a good manipulator that he predicted the exact day that Batman would challenge Supes, breaks suspension of disbelief
>cut out the nightmare scene, but keep The Flash
I understood what the scene was doing but we didn't need to see it in first person. An implication that Supes goes full retard in the future is all we need
>cut a lot of the fast cuts in the non-action sequences
Let scenes play out a little more rather than cutting away
>cut out Diana looking over the computer
Unneeded at this point in time. We're getting a full WW origin story next year, we didn't need to know Diana's origins

Apart from that, I'd fix the occasional piece of dialogue if I could. Some of it's very stiff.
>>
I never saw it but i am sure it was shit
>>
>>70171887
Do you have Down Syndrome?
>>
File: 4484596-ricky+gervais+laughing.gif (1 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
4484596-ricky+gervais+laughing.gif
1 MB, 480x480
>>70172120
you're a fucking psychopath living in a delusion of your own abilities mate
>>
>>70171342
>He just wanted Superman to kill a man in cold blood
Why do so many people overlook this? Lexs motivation in the film is always "turn everyone against superman"
>>
>>70172329
???
>>
File: cia get a load of this hothead.jpg (20 KB, 240x266) Image search: [Google]
cia get a load of this hothead.jpg
20 KB, 240x266
>>70172211
>>
>>70172211
Those double doubles though
>>
File: captain autistic.jpg (382 KB, 1803x839) Image search: [Google]
captain autistic.jpg
382 KB, 1803x839
>>70172238
>>
>>70172417
>someone saves your OC

Oh my
>>
>>70169371
I loved it but in my opinion:

-Luthor's acting.
-Hamfisted presentation of the JLA's members. Could have been handled with a little bit more subtlety.
-The fact that they used Doomsday like that, and the Death of Supes this early in the DCU.
-And a Clark Kent not that convincing. I prefer the Reeves version, clumsy and gullible.
>>
>>70172553
More importantly, they killed off Clark this early

What the fuck were they thinking? Obviously Supes comes back, but Clark as a journalist lasted 1/4 of a film
>>
>>70172765
Yeah, that was underwhelming. I understand that this movie was a strict contract. But I would have rather see:

Batman v Superman ---> Man of Steel 2 Dawn of Justice.
>>
>>70169371
>(don't state the movie's pacing due to the extended cut not being out yet).

kek
Theatrical cuts are the actual films

Besides, I can bet the extended cut WILL NOT fix any issues. Just add more shit to become even more convoluted.
>>
>>70172513
it's officially a meme
>>
>>70171342
Why would anyone care that batman is dead? And how would anyone even know? If lex was always going to unleash doomsday, why wouldn't it be assumed that doomsday took him out with the rest of the city against superman?
>>
>A lot of the dialogue was terrible
>Eisenberg really wasn't very good at all
>The murderbad future scenario scene was dumb

I don't really give a shit about this one but for the amount that DC fans shit on Marvel movies for being filled with quips this movie had a lot of em.

It's not a bad movie, it's a slightly above average capeshit movie. My problem is people shoehorning subtext and depth into this thing that they know it is devoid of. It's gotten to the point where they are trying to inlafe a mediocre director's entire filmography just to justify liking a capeshit movie.

TL:DR why the fuck is there still no capeshit general.
>>
>>70174143
>>70174143
>Why would anyone care that batman is dead? And how would anyone even know?
The Bat Signal. GCPD is basically giving Batman a free pass,although unofficially. Don't tell me you expect Alfred to just sit there in the shadows if Bruce is dead. & why do you think Lex wanted Superman to fight Batman ? He wanted Superman to kill him so that he basically adds the angry citizens of Gotham to the haters of Superman.
>If lex was always going to unleash doomsday, why wouldn't it be assumed that doomsday took him out with the rest of the city against superman?
The simple plans Lex devised had an obvious flaw,if Batman or Superman even got a hint that Lex had thrown a shroud of lies by manipulating both of them,his ultimate plan would be destroyed. & it almost would've unless he hadn't kidnapped both Lois & Martha to force Superman to fight Batman or else..
The energy required to create doomsday was live on all news channels, & it was then Diana saw that another threat maybe lurking in Metropolis after the alien invasion.
>>
Good ideas but bad execution and frankly tried to do too much. I liked Bats being unstable and having to get back to himself, I liked Lex, I like Supes, liked WW, but Doomsday was shoehorned and so were the Justice League. Also the trailer gave away the plot and Superman died for no reason.
>>
>>70175601
>Good ideas but bad execution and frankly tried to do too much

I can accept that. The whole justice league shoe in was what ultimately dragged the movie down.

It should have just been about lex, bats and supes they basically carried the movie (affleck in particular).

Despite this however, I loved bvs
>>
Too high concept
Too many attempts to "advance" the source material
Too try hard to make his own Watchmen
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.