[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what will the inevitable God's Not Dead 3 be about? Will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9
File: gods-not-dead-2.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
gods-not-dead-2.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1400
So what will the inevitable God's Not Dead 3 be about?
Will it continue that unrealistic plot of the Priest getting arrested for not obeying a subpoena to show all of his sermons so the government could censor them? Will God be put on trial yet again? Will the atheists try to make christianity illegal?
>>
>>70168832
This post-credits scene is straight out of a Marvel movie

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR80OfnYG14

Christians in America are just so oppressed.
>>
>>70168832
>unrealistic
>>
Why do Catholics put out such terrible schlock? I thought their religion taught shame.
>>
File: 1463575780810.jpg (31 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1463575780810.jpg
31 KB, 250x250
>>70169802
>>
>>70169744
>Muh Houston
Read the facts of the case. It wasn't about the government trying to censor anyone, not to mention that after some protest the ACLU came in to defend the priests (irony), and the subpoena for the sermons was revoked. Nobody was arrested.
>>
>Allah's not ded
>>
>>70169744
Show me a case where the government tried to censor preachers and dictate what they could preach and then arrested a priest for not complying.
I didn't see one in the "real cases" shown in the credits of the movie (none of those real cases hold up as examples of opression if you look closely), so I assume it never happened.
>>
>>70169879
ACLU is an anti gun organization you fucking cuck.
>>
>>70168832
Jesus comes down to earth and fights an atheist in a giant robot suit.
>>
>>70170234
What does that have to do with anything? I meant that it was ironic that a group christians constantly demonize, epecially in this movie, comes to the defense of christians.
>>
>>70170160
>these things don't count because of reasons
>>
>extraterrestrial entity comes to earth
>enslaves mankind and forces everybody to deny god's existance
>>
>>70170451
Of course they don't count. The subpoenas weren't done to "oppress christians" and "dictate what they preach", it was part of an investigation on whether or not the preachers told their parishioners to sign an anti-LGBT petition and what to do (which is technically illegal).
The fact that the subpoena didn't actually go through, several groups (including left-leaning ones) came to the preachers defense and the Houston government actually apologized for overreaching proves that something like what was shown in the movie could never happen.
>>
Wrong title, it'll be called God's Not Dead 3D
>>
File: 1444975226613.jpg (861 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1444975226613.jpg
861 KB, 1280x1024
>2030 Germany, now named Germanistan, is under theocratic sharia rule
>infidel men are put to slavery while their women are raped and turned into concubines by the muslim ruling class
>a man named Roland receives a vision from God in his sleep and wakes to find holy armor and a machine gun whose holy bullets never miss their target
>is told to restore Germany to Christendom
>GOD'S NOT DEAD HE'S SURELY ALIVE
>>
>>70170287
no its not. i think you don't understand the purpose of the ACLU. if the ACLU didn't help people who were its critics it would be completely useless.
>>
>>70170789
I meant that it was ironic from the perspective of the Bible Thumpers that demonize it. I'm well aware that the ACLU will defend anybody's freedom, even the KKK's.
>>
I just love how that one actor from Tim and Eric and other adult swim shows is just hamming it up the whole movie. It's like the casting director forgot to do his/her job
>>
>>70170902
the ACLU wants to force catholic hospitals to perform abortions. just because they defend christians in some instances doesn't make them abhorrent to christians in others.
>>
>>70170774
that actually sounds pretty interesting and plausible.
i would like to see that as a movie to be frank
>>
>>70169692
>Christians in America are just so oppressed.

they're not oppressed physically, but emotionally

I'd say it's even worse because your shamed out of existence. christianity is dying every day in america.

At least with ISIS, they just kill you physically. They never discredit your thesis that God exists so you can still exist, granted enough protection (i.e. russia).
>>
>>70171235
>shamed out of existence
If their faith was so weak that shame swayed them, I suspect they were "Christian" by default.
>>
>>70171235
>I'd say it's even worse because your shamed out of existence. christianity is dying every day in america.
Almost 80% of Americans are christians, so I don't know what you're talking about.
The extent of "shaming" by the mainstream consists of people telling you to stop trying to pass anti-LGBT laws. The crap said by the far left can easily be ignored.
>>
>>70171235
>discredit your thesis that God exists
Unless you're in a philosophy class I don't think you have any leg to stand on and even in philosophy you really don't have much of an argument
>>
>>70171317
peer support is important for religion, just like anything else.

faith is not blind. You need to sit around you to maintain and spread it. Otherwise, it'll fade away in the macro-population.
>>
>>70171235
Christianity is dying because young people find their views on social issues and equality old fashioned and appalling.
>>
>>70171488
No one stops them from going to Church.

You read like you want Theocratic States. Have you considered Iran?
>>
>>70171488
see also: social justice
>>
>>70171526
>Christianity is dying because young people find their views on social issues and equality old fashioned and appalling.

Christianity is dying because the religion is being shamed out of existence.

Your reason(s) are as follows and can be anything. They can be good or bad reasons.
>>
>>70171619
>You read like you want Theocratic States. Have you considered Iran?

Iran is a quasi-western society with with spurts of Islamic revivalism - slowly getting weaker after every revolution.

You meant the Islamic State of Iraq.
>>
>>70169692

>post-credits scene
>this shit
>THIS SHIT

This is truly the end of cinema
>>
>>70171775
Are you implying Iran was never a Theocracy?
>>
>>70170594
Its "realistic" because its something that could happen. not that its literally happening right now.

It's a warning.
>>
>>70171657
Stop that, it's a silly argument.
>>
>>70171657
>shamed out of existence
>majority religion
>has influenced legislation on both state and federal levels
>gets tax exemption freedom to worship
>largest commercial industry in the US
>"shamed" out of existence

you need to fuck off cunt
>>
>>70171886
Except it couldn't happen, because it would be illegal. In order for preachers to be arrested for not complying to government censorship they would need to change the constitution.
>>
>>70171886
Sounds like scare mongering.
>>
>>70171834

Post-revolution, it was.

But the current Iran is not a theocracy. It's a technocratic society with islamic values. If we're wasting time on 4chan, there are far better examples of theocracy happening in front of our eyes.
>>
>>70171911

Silly you, you're under the impression that I'm arguing.
>>
>>70172016
Tell me, how many Theocracies ended up doing well?
>>
>>70172053
>Making a point
>That point is being challenged
>You defend it
How is that not an argument?
>>
>>70172056

Theocracies do a great job of spreading religion.

Christianity was strongest when it was a theocracy.
>>
>>70172128
Artfully avoiding answering, well done.

To return to the point, Religion needs peer support. How does Church not provide this?
>>
>>70172128
By force tho
>>
>>70172203

No No.

You mean, "I'm avoiding all your carefully peer-focused questions".

I'm not going to be your punching bag or boogey man for implications I never said.
>>
>>70172210
>By force tho

No, religion is rarely spread by the sword. That's too violent and temporary.

Religion is spread by religious law, peer support, and strict maintenance of society.
>>
>>70172379
English isn't your first language.

I'll make this easy.

A Church allows groups of the faithful to practice their faith.
True or False?
>>
>>70171526
And also because it's not a very interesting creation myth, there are several eastern ones much cooler
>>
>>70172452
Laws require threat of violence, loss of life or loss of freedom to enforce.
>>
>>70172452
>religion is rarely spread by the sword

I can't tell if this is shitty bait, or that you are actually retarded
>>
>>70172538

You fail to realize that I've already said religion needs peer support.

I'm sorry you can't win any 4chan arguments with me.
>>
>>70172597
>Laws require threat of violence, loss of life or loss of freedom to enforce.

That's the power of law. It even works in non-theocratic societies :)

Effective violence is rarely overt on the macro-level.
>>
>>70172452
But none of those things are positive
>>
>>70172452
>strict maintenance of society

You would've loved Hitler
>>
>>70172626
No, I understand that perfectly.

Can you not be supported by peers in church?

It's a simple question, really it is.

Anything but a Yes or No in your next post will basically prove you're retarded or baiting.

Can a Church provide peer support?
Yes or No?
>>
>>70172711
Macro or Micro, it's still "by the sword".
>>
>>70171886
It could never happen and you know it. The fact that these movies have to invent cases of oppression instead of showing real ones is proof.
>>
>>70168832
An atheist runs for president.

First Act: Election cycle, Christians whine and bitch for 45 minutes.

Second Act: Atheist gets elected and it turns out he's arbitrarily chaotic evil and wants to revoke the religion clause in the 1st amendment.

Third Act: Christians march on Washington and demand Atheist president steps down.
>>
Protestants everybody.
>>
>>70172915
>and wants to revoke the religion clause in the 1st amendment.
And he only wants to revoke it for christians, he wants muslims to do whatever they want and allows them to impose sharia law.
>>
>>70172826
You're asking "do churches spread religion" of someone who already said "churches spread religion."

whats your endgame here
>>
>>70172915
Thats a great piece of fiction
>>
File: everyreligionthread.jpg (74 KB, 716x555) Image search: [Google]
everyreligionthread.jpg
74 KB, 716x555
so happy the god's not dead series has enabled /tv/ to have religion threads.
>>
File: 1373945244584.jpg (47 KB, 321x358) Image search: [Google]
1373945244584.jpg
47 KB, 321x358
>>70169692
>>70171794
what a time to be alive
>>
>>70173035
That's the joke. We're trying to think like a Pureflix writer.
>>
>>70173002
No, I'm asking "do churches provide peer support?"

Yes or No?
>>
>>70172915
Oooh, that's a good one.
>>
>>70173080
... are you stupid or something? I mean, you're arguing religion on 4chan, so that's a given, but you're asking for the answers to questions that have already been answered. The guy you were originally badgering has already left. So can you just pretend he fell into your nefarious trap and skip to the next part of your planned response chain?
>>
>>70173256
>I left
>Honest
>>
>>70168832
>Davir R White is on trial for refusing to obey the subpoena
>The atheist lawyer from the second movie jumps to his defense, having now embraced christianity
>The evil government and ACLU want to make it legal for preachers to be censored
>The case reaches the Supreme Court, where the swing vote is a liberal judge having a crisis of faith
>That judge eventually concludes that God's not dead thanks to David R. White's impasioned speech
>Christians celebrate and go to a Newsboys concert

>In the post-credits sequence, an evil governement executive speaks to a shadowy cabal of men in the shadows, telling them that since Plan A to prove that God is failed, it's time to move on to plan B. We then get a shot showing that these men are in the UN, setting the stage for the sequel.
>>
My friend told me in the first one the atheist villain gets hit by a car and everyone laughs. Is this true?
>>
>>70173565
Everyone laughs because the atheist villain converts to christianity and embraces Jesus literally a minute before dying. They laugh because they see the salvation of his soul as something to celebrate even though he's dead.
Yeah, it's pretty tone-deaf.
>>
>>70170234
>ACLU is an anti gun organization you fucking cuck.

This is a myth perpetuated by right wing talk radio. They are neither anti-gun nor pro-gun.

The ACLU was bound by the supreme court's view on the second amendment. From 1939 (DC vs Miller) until 2008 (DC vs heller) the supreme court interpretation was that gun ownership was a collective right. After DC vs heller the supreme court shifted their stance to interpret it as an individual right. The ACLU would not typically intervene if individual rights were not being violated so they steered clear of guns for a very long time.

Post-Heller they have shifted their position. In the past decade they came to the defense of individual gun owners. They have also always supported the right to self defense and the protection of individual property rights.

They have helped people get their guns back that were seized by police as part of investigations, and they have been fighting for people living in states that had unreasonable gun laws. The ACLU has also been fighting since day 1 to oppose any form of database or gun registry. The ACLU even supported George Zimmerman when the state was considering addition charges of hate crimes.

tl;dr

The ACLU support some aspects of gun control (safe storage, background checks) and they oppose others (seizure of firearms, gun registration).
>>
>>70173565
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSiFlDlkk6o
>>
File: 3077.png (170 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
3077.png
170 KB, 500x274
>people who believe in magic are the majority, get exemptions from significant laws, and have big hands in legislation
>still whine about being opressed
>>
>>70168832

zubik v burwell
>>
GOD'S NOT DEAD HE'S SURELY ALIVE
>>
>>70169889
>25 years after trump's presidency islam has been all but forgotten in america
>young abdul learns the old ways from a mysterious imam
>his mentor is arrested by the government, abdul must take up jihad in order to wake muslims up again
>movie ends with him suicide-bombing the courthouse
>muslims all over america rediscover their faith and turn america into an islamic republic
>this plays during the credits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTtRQwxBrZ4
>>
>>70169692
I love the Asians guy reaction

'What the fuck do we do now?'
'We do what we always do, pray!'
'...'

I don't think thats how it works Jamal
>>
>>70174650
>run for political position
>admit you do not believe in magic
>not fit for the role
>>
>>70171982
>it's illegal

Hate speech legislation gets pushed all the time. Luckily it gets shot down but eventually it could pass
>>
>>70170774

LIVING ON THE INSIDE ROARING LIKE A LION
>>
>>70176417
So you're saying preachers do hate speech?
>>
God's Not D3ad: Still Aliv3

>American Government and his atheist leftist potus tries to ban Christianity and arrest all of christians, putting them in an arena fighting against pitbulls. Events happen and in the end Jesus himself will fight against the potus in the arena, leading christians to victory
>>
>>70177766
Pureflix doesn't have enough of a budget for that
>>
>>70177766
Eric Roberts as Jesus plz
>>
File: 80.jpg (209 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
80.jpg
209 KB, 700x466
God's Not D3ad : Alive and kicking

We saw in the post-credits Pastor Dave being arrested.
He's been killed in jail by an atheist gang who took over the prison.
But the Chinese guy got a special drug who could revive Pastor Dave, but only if he can convert people, it's the only way to keep his heart alive, so with a shaky cam we will see Pastor Dave wandering around converting people and even electrocuting his heart and screaming the name of our saviour Jesus so he can live.
A new era for a christian action movies
>>
Has the fedora meme attracted actual christians to this lace?
>>
>>70168832
Why don't they make a movie set in a country where christians are actually oppressed for their faith?
>>
Anyone have the god, that booty poster?
>>
>>70179303
I doubt that bible thumpers (main audience for this shlock) will be interested in something set outside their country.
>>
File: resist.jpg (48 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
resist.jpg
48 KB, 720x960
Who here is a God warrior?

https://youtu.be/s-uLtp3M7j0
>>
File: 5743938688_a413341100.jpg (128 KB, 389x500) Image search: [Google]
5743938688_a413341100.jpg
128 KB, 389x500
I bet you can't name a single movie featuring other gods that did worse than this film.
>>
>>70183077
Clash of the Titans remake
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.