[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what does /tv/ think of zootopia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
File: images (3).jpg (111 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
111 KB, 720x1080
Now that the dust has settled, what does /tv/ think of zootopia?
>>
>>70167563
It reminded me how hollow and pointless my life is.
>>
Way too many adult themes for a kid's movie. Totally forgettable.
>>
>>70168209
The final boss of the film was a woman though, I am surprised they didn't male it a cis white male.
>>
>>70168253
Kinda Bold though, the villain was a SJW.
>>
>>70168552
Huh? The best description of her would be a racist. She believed the prey animals were fundamentally superior to their predator counterparts, and was willing to lie and perpetrate a giant conspiracy funnelling drugs into their communities to further divide the two groups.
>>
_ ____ __ ____ ___ _____!
>>
>>70168685
Wrong. She believed nothing of the sort. She desired power and manipulated political mood to gain power.
>>
>>70168787
We all do, anon.
>>
This movie has a LOT of sexual innuendos.
Now, I can't stop imagining Judy and her hips.
>>
File: adorablehands.png (347 KB, 893x363) Image search: [Google]
adorablehands.png
347 KB, 893x363
>>70168787
I want to hold her hand.
>>
>>70168209
I'd hate to be one of those people who over analyzes kiddie films and says it goes too far, but there were a few moments I really did feel uncomfortable for the parents in the audience. There's one scene where you're literally just watching a character go through the process of brewing drugs, with beakers and everything, which was bizarre imagery to see in a Disney movie. And I get that "unknown traitor" character must be a Disney staple now since Prince Hans, but having TWO in the same movie was a bit over the top.
>>
>>70167563
Pretty decent. Definitely another indicator that Disney is having a bit of a renaissance while Pixar is decaying. If it hadn't have been so non-subtle about its themes it would have been even better.
>>
>>70168814
>mfw you can't do cross species breeding
>>
Cool Christian movie. The animals reference Jesus and lots of religious themes by the end. Would send to church.
>>
>>70168850
>but having TWO in the same movie was a bit over the top.
What do you mean?
>>
>>70169168
Didn't the lion and sheep basically have the same character arcs?
>>
>>70168972
They'll have fun trying, though.
>>
The sloth scene made me laugh
>>
File: PR Sweating.png (2 MB, 1876x1864) Image search: [Google]
PR Sweating.png
2 MB, 1876x1864
>>70167563
This movie made me a furry. Save yourself and don't watch it.

That scene when she ends up with parking duty and thumps her foot really fast to vent was so hot.
>>
>>70167563
Are you okay if your partner is a nympho?
Is it fine if her relatives exhibits polygamy? Can you actually survive in that kind of sex life?
What is it feels like to fuck a rabbit?
>>
>>70169226
Same, the rest of the movie is pretty eh but I was fucking crying during the sloths.
>>
>>70169187
No.
>>
>>70169241
It's the hips dude. Jesus, those hips.
Truly nature doing God's work.
>>
>>70167563
Boner when camp rape flashback.
>>
>>70169187
No, the lion was the red herring.
Lionheart knows about what was happening and tried to cover it up by locking up all the ones that went insane in the asylum, he knew there was a problem and knew what would happen if the news got out.
Well the news did get out, Lionheart got arrested and the divide between predator and prey happened, bla, bla, bla.

Whereas Bellweather was behind the whole thing with a bigger agenda.
>>
>>70169288
There are several scenes which directly scream
"Look at her butt, just look at it!"

It is obvious how the sex appeal was part of her character.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 256x256
>>70168813
I can't believe how wildly you misunderstood the messages in a children's movie. This is from her character bio on Disney's wiki page.

>Like Judy Hopps, Bellwether had apparently endured a life of neglect, implied to have repeatedly been at the hands of predator mammals. Over time, she would develop a disdain towards them, and their treatment towards prey mammals, setting a goal to someday make Zootopia a place where prey reign supreme, and predators are labeled as nothing more than worthless, bloodthirsty savages. To do so, she allied herself with rams who shared her sentiments, and used flowers known as night howlers to create a chemical drug capable of turning civilized mammals savage. Once predators were deemed too dangerous for society, Lionheart, as the plan would go, would be removed from office out of fear, while Bellwether would be promoted, thus granting her control over the city, and the satisfaction of establishing prey as the dominant species.

She was clearly a racist. They gave her a backstory explaining the origins of her racism, but that's most certainly what she was. Gaining power was an incidental side effect of subjugating the predator mammals by any means neccisary.
>>
>>70167563
I can't believe Judy found out why the rage are happening while the Mayor's scientist are just clueless.
This film clearly peaked at the arrest of the Mayor.
At least I got to see checkered farmgirl Judy.
>>
File: 65415.png (339 KB, 677x675) Image search: [Google]
65415.png
339 KB, 677x675
>tfw no Bogo bf
>>
>>70169446
Yes the plot was pant-on head retarded. The doctors would have noticed that the savage animals are intoxicated. But who cares, it's all about >>70168787
>>
>>70169494
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>70169399
She used fear, mistrust and hate to gain power, all the while promoting a false image of someone for political gain. Just like feminists and race-baiters.
>>
>>70167563
I like it. "I'm just a dumb bunny." scene made me teary eyed, but the movie felt shorter than I expected.
>>
>>70169632
That scene maddened me. Another example of women using fake tears to get what they want. Notice how she immediately stopped crying the moment the fox gave in?
>>
>>70169762
No she didn't.
>>
>>70169762
But it's empowering to women! It teaches them to use their own stereotypes against men, for example: being a deceptive cunt, thereby REINFORCING those stereotypes instead of achieving personal goals the honest and boring way!
>>
>>70169632
I didn't expected those feels. I almost started crying. I think it's because animation and VA was so good.
>>
>>70169762
>>70169953
Is this really what Disney should be teaching children? Then again, this is the same company that made a song that taught children that it's cool to run away from their responsibilities.
>>
>>70169762
She's literally crying faggot.
She cause the demise of the city to be split into half, lost the trust of the friend and just ignored him at least a month without any closure.
In all essence, she knew she was a jerk.
>>
>>70169596
Here inlies the problem at the basis of your viewing of the movie- you have tise misguided notion that the ultimate goal of racists is somehow to bring people together and that people arguing for social justice want to bring people apart. Let's put it this way, how is the idea that one group is better than another and using lies and subterfuge to drive a wedge between them NOT racist? Her character is literally trying to create social injustice. Also didn't you start this whole exchange by claiming she was some sort of a SJW? Your argument just doesn't seem to match up with what was shown in the movie.
>>
> You know you love me
> Do I know that?
> Yes, I know that
>>
File: Finnick-from-Zootopia.jpg (322 KB, 1000x647) Image search: [Google]
Finnick-from-Zootopia.jpg
322 KB, 1000x647
I was kind of disappointed that this guy didn't have more screen time. Also I expected him to sound like an italian guy.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.