[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished watching this and I'm curious about /tv/'s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: fid15564.jpg (39 KB, 350x522) Image search: [Google]
fid15564.jpg
39 KB, 350x522
Just finished watching this and I'm curious about /tv/'s thoughts on it.
>>
Really enjoyed it. Most people didn't like it though.
>>
DINGUS
>>
Loved it, especially the ending
>>
>>70166590
i love qt, and this movie was badass it made me think about who was in cahoots with who
>>
>>70166590
Good but definitely not his best work. Not sure why they hyped up the panivision when 75% of the movie is in a cabin.
>>
>>70166753
I like the "whodunit" aspect of it, but the payoff isn't as interesting as I'd hoped it'd be.
>>
Needed to show Daisy's feet
>>
>>70166590
> hateful 8
> their is 10 of them in the cabin
>>
File: H8.png (87 KB, 1095x643) Image search: [Google]
H8.png
87 KB, 1095x643
It has high impact violence
>>
>>70166791
>>
>>70166590
wasted potential - could have been amazing in the hands of a different director
>>
Big
>>
>>70166791
this. increasingly messy daisy was pretty hot though
>>
Fantastic movie, loved every second. Only reason people don't like it is because they expected another sweeping western adventure like Django, but got Reservoir Dogs in the wild west (as if that's somehow a bad thing).
>>
samuel l jackson always impresses me and qt's movies, its like he always steps up his performance whenever he's in one
>>
>>70166590
my favourite film from 2015 tbqhwyf
>>
It was great. Completely enthralling, can't remember a dull moment.
>>
>>70166706
The ending was really the only thing I didn't like, it just seemed kind of meh.
The hanging was kind of stupid, & I it didn't make sense why the white confederate guy would just team up with Samuel.
>>
>>70166590
dragged out self-wankery with typical Quenchin Fartatino quirkyness.
A Corbucci would have made a timeless masterpiece out of it.
Oh wait, he already did and Fartatino just ripped off because that's all he can do. Pardon me, QTards call that "homage".
>>
>>70166590
Really liked it, don't get the claims its not like any of his other movies. If you like Tarantino movies you will like this.
>>
File: Berbera.jpg (48 KB, 500x572) Image search: [Google]
Berbera.jpg
48 KB, 500x572
>>70166989
>complains about "dragged out self-wankery"
>posts Klaus Kinski

Wew lad, the contradiction nearly blew out my fucking mind
>>
>>70167051
QT movies can be really hit and miss though, Deathproof was terrible.
>>
I might've watched it if I hadn't heard about the dingus scene.
Tarantino is a cuck.
>>
>>70167081
Honestly, Death Proof is the only QT movie I can think of that was truly awful. Every other movie of his has cool parts and redeeming qualities.

Either way, I've got a lot of patience for the man who made Kill Bill 1 & 2, and Inglourious Basterds.
>>
>>70166590
It's shit

Nothing happens for 2 hours and the dialogue isn't clever or fun
>>
>>70167051
>If you like Tarantino movies you will like this.
No

It's his worst one
He doesn't do any of the things he does well here
>>
>>70166929
yeah, he was great
>>
When the narrator comes in, it feels a bit out of place.

Also the script was dragged to reach that ending, it didn't smoothly go there.

Other than that it was a solid movie. I like the way they build the tension while smalltalking .
>>
>>70167350
I legit looked up audio options in case audio description turned on for some reason when the narrator comes on. Especially since it was directly after one of those "Chapter #" cuts.
>>
I liked it quite a bit, but I'm a Western fanatic so I'm more lenient on them
>>
>>70167350
I liked it but cringed that tarantino did it himself instead of an actor
>>
>>70167276
>He doesn't do any of the things he does well here
Like using drawn out, masturbatory dialogue and crowd pleasing violence to buffer the fact that there's almost no plot and he's been shooting the same movie over and over again since Pulp Fiction, just with the veneer of a different movie thrown over it?

Neat.
>>
It's art.

It's what happens when you go to films instead of film school.
>>
>>70167527
>drawn out, masturbatory dialogue
it was dull, not the usual tarrantino stuff, nothing memorable unlike virtually every other tarrantino film

>crowd pleasing violence
it was shit compared to his previous films and there wasn't much violence until the end
>>
The first half was pretty perfect. It was tense, suspenseful, the characters were interesting and the way they were all interacting was engaging. Unfortunately it turns increasingly absurd and self indulgent right around the blowjob story. I began to lose interest so fast, and when they all start spewing blood like the Family Guy vomit skit I was taken completely out of the movie. Up until then I thought it was Tarantino's best film yet and that just ruined it.
>>
there were two things about this movie that were legitimately great:
kurt russell and JJL.

dialogue, plot, direction and everything else were easily tarantinos worst to date.
>>
>>70167698
>kurt russell
I absolutely loved him in this. You also have to count Ennio Morricone's score, it was outstanding.

>dialogue, plot, direction and everything else were easily tarantinos worst to date.
I thought were some of his best (the dialogue and direction) up until the intermission, at which point everything went to shit.
>>
>>70166590
I enjoyed it. Not the best movie ever, but still a soli d 7.5/10
>>
>>70167777
Checked
>>
>>70166590
It was bad. Three hours of talking and nothing exciting happens whatsoever.
>>
>>70167857
The exiting part is the talking
>>
>>70166855
mommy..?
>>
>>70166590
this movie was perfect, prove me wrong
pro tip

wait for it
you
can
not
>>
>>70167136
I never understood the hate for Death Proof. Like, I understand it's not a Oscar-winning tier movie like many other of his films, but I enjoyed it very much because I love the car exploitation films of the 70s and 80s etc. I guess a lot of the homages and the purposely B-Movie quality flew over the audience's heads. But I enjoyed it, but it's definitely not a PF or RD.
>>
>>70166590
cheap,stupid background message
>>
File: plebfilter.png (960 KB, 1470x1080) Image search: [Google]
plebfilter.png
960 KB, 1470x1080
friendly reminder
>>
Its prolly my fav tarantino but i aint seen reservoir dogs. I found django way more boring
>>
It was cringe worthy
>>
>>70169843
django is tarantino's best film bruh brh
>>
>>70167582
It definitely shows
>>
>>70170456
t. Pleb
>>
>>70166590
his comfiest film
>>
>>70170534
both films are pleb

pleb
>>
>>70166590
i saw it in the theater for free

when we came back in the intermission a friend said they fucked up the reel, i still dont know if they actually did or didnt fucked up because what he said was that the beginning of the second half had all these speckles but im not sure if that was a visual effect tarentino added because it was a flash back scene

needless to say we flexed out white male privilege muscles and we both got our $20 back and we got to keep the playbill after watching it in its entirety

oh yea i was disappointed by it
it wasnt as good as i wished it would be

might even be his most mediocre work yet
>>
>>70166590
not Tarantinos best movie, but still pretty good
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.