[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a nothing happens for the entire movie episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: the assassin.jpg (159 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
the assassin.jpg
159 KB, 630x1200
>It's a nothing happens for the entire movie episode
>>
File: The Assassin.jpg (3 MB, 3012x3565) Image search: [Google]
The Assassin.jpg
3 MB, 3012x3565
>it's an anon who isn't versed in Taiwanese cinema attempts to watch a Hou Hsiao-Hsien film and is buttflustered thread
>>
File: FirstBlood.webm (3 MB, 720x512) Image search: [Google]
FirstBlood.webm
3 MB, 720x512
>>70164511

>I didn't pay attention the post
>>
>>70164553
>>70164621
#rekt
>>
>>70164511
>>70164511

Your ADHD is showing.

Fucking movie was beautiful and didn't 10 million lines to make it's point.

That entourage riding along the hill was ultra comfy.
>>
>nothing happens
>critics praise it
Slow cinema is a meme that refuses to die.
>>
One of the worst HHH films, I think only Millenium Mambo is worse.

That director went downhill real fucking fast in the late 90s or Three Times last part.
>>
>>70164553
It's a great looking movie but I can't help thinking they messed up the digital conversion looking at all those specular highlights and the unnatural sharpness
>>
>>70164978
it probably has to do with the quality of the rip. my bluray copy looks a lot cleaner.
>>
>>70164553
>Holy shit, China is beautiful
>go to China, it's a shithole
>>
>>70165042
yeah they probably filmed that shit in the middle of fucking nowhere

>>70164885
which of his films would you recommend? i'm interested in Cafe Lumiere.
>>
muh yinniang
>>
>>70164511

The only thing that movie assassinates is your time.
>>
>>70165074
A Summer at Grandpa's, A Time to Live - A Time to Die, , A City of Sadness are all good.

Dust in the Wind is my favorite from him.

His 90s and 00s and current work is tiresome to view in comparison imo. MM and Three Times grinded my gears so fucking hard.

Used to be quite amazing director anyways.
>>
>>70165133
thanks for the response. i'll check out Dust in the Wind sometime soon.
>>
>>70165042
You should have gone to Hong Kong instead
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.