[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Nice Guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: the-nice-guys-facebook-share.jpg (242 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
the-nice-guys-facebook-share.jpg
242 KB, 600x315
I saw this today. I liked it. Yes the plot is pretty thin and stupid sometimes, but this movie is all about the comedy, action and chemistry between the leads. It was great. It was also surprisingly dark. Like how march's wife died cause he lost his sense of smell. What are your thoughts?
>>
>>70148338
I liked this movie a lot. It lovingly embraced some of the cliches and hallmarks of the buddy cop movie that Shane Black himself had a hand in making.
>>
>>70148338
The theater I saw it in was packed, PACKED with senior citizens. When the daughter comes over at the bowling alley and offers Ryan Gosling a rim job, the old man wearing a US Army shirt coughed on his coke and yelled "Jesus Christ!"

Highlight of my week, movie was a 5/10
>>
>>70148451
Why didn't you like it?
>>
>>70148487
It's pineapple express in the 70s, most of the jokes were "Ryan Gosling is drunk!" or shock humor. Matt Bomer had 6 lines, and there were four jokes with the punchline being "Hitler."

It was really well shot and I liked Russel Crowe
>>
>>70148451
Were you in my theatre? A bunch of old people where there.
>>
>>70148644
If I had to guess I'd say yes.
>>
Hey /tv/, you wanna see my dick?
>>
>>70151008
Tommy's towel is gay
>>
>>70148627
>It's pineapple express in the 70s
It wasn't a stoner comedy

>most of the jokes were "Ryan Gosling is drunk!" or shock humor.
Most of the jokes were about Holland being an idiot, which is his character

>Matt Bomer had 6 lines
Why would you want a ruthless killer to have more lines?

>and there were four jokes with the punchline being "Hitler."
There was one Hitler joke.
>>
>>70148644
>>70148451
wtf my theather wasn't packed but I was the youngest person there by like 40 years, why are old people going to see this movie?
>>
>>70151115
>there was one Hitler joke
That is incorrect. Hitler was a running joke. Gosling mentioned it like 4 times.
>>
>>70151305
What were they?
>>
>>70151305
saw it last night, can confirm. also nice quads
>>
Is there any kikedom or feminist cunt shit or jiggaboo faggotry? I can't remember the last time a comedy movie came out that wasn't full of this garbage.
>>
>>70151335
I only remember specifically the First one and last one where he talks German to basinger but i know he said it a couple other times.
>>
>>70151442
So one joke with a Hitler punchline? Got it.
>>
>>70151423
It's actually very dark and basically the opposite of feminist. The only sjw type thing it's that the plot Ida based on environmentalism but the main characters don't really give a fuck about the environment.
>>
>>70151459
The last one Crowe said hitler.
>>
>>70148338
I saw it a few days ago and i loved it, it's one of the best movies i've seen this year.

It sucks that it bombed.
>>
>>70151277
Nostalgia I guess, 1977 was 39 years ago. If they were around 30 that year then they'd be old and nostalgic for a time when their dicks worked.
>>
>>70151564
No he didn't
>>
>>70151423
All the blacks with speaking roles are villians, most of the women in power die, and the jews are evil car fucks.

Shame /pol/ decided to see Angry Birds instead
>>
>>70151713
I think Sid Shattuck was also supposed to be a Jew
>>
>>70151638
I can think of three
> You know who else was following orders? Hitler
>Hitler only had one ball
>My friend is implying a connection between you and Hitler
>>
>>70148627
>don't make fun of Hitler
>>
>>70153342
Make fun of Hitler, but if it's gonna take up more than five percent of the jokes in your comedy film, you're not very funny. Unless the movie's about making fun of Hitler or something
>>
>>70153665

It wasn't even 1% of the jokes, bucko.
What, were you asleep the whole movie?

Sorry the movie wasn't Birth of the Nation, ya stormweenie.
>>
>>70153794
>This movie, which got butchered by critics and at the box office, isn't very funny
>YOU MUST BE A NAZI
Woah, man, take it easy.
>>
>>70153939
>butchered by critics
>8.0 & 91%
>>
>>70153939

>by critics

Where? It's got a 91% certified fresh.

Also stormweenies and nazis are different, bub.
That's besides the point.

You made a claim, I called you out on it.
>>
>>70154058
But you're wrong, as specified by other people in the thread. I can't remember all four jokes for you, as I forgot the movie the second I left the theater, but >>70152689 helped out. You can like the movie, but there were an abundance of hitler jokes and you can "call me out" on that all you want.
>>
>>70154170
Those were the only three Hitler jokes numbnuts, I wouldn't call that an 'abundance'.
>>
>>70154170

Four jokes out of a two hour runtime movie and you think that's an abundance?

As for how the jokes were set up, the Hitler jokes are really more about Holland not understanding what the fuck he's talking about.
>>
Gosling was pretty great as kind of a bumbling fool with a streak of awesomeness. Crowd was solid. I thought there were some pretty hilarious scenes, even if I wasn't totally blown away by the movie. It was much better than I thought it was going to be, let's put it that way.
>>
>>70154502
*Crowe, not crowd.
>>
>>70153665
See >>70153342
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.