[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sauron is like the archetypal evil overlord. He's got massive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: sauron[2].jpg (45 KB, 800x453) Image search: [Google]
sauron[2].jpg
45 KB, 800x453
Sauron is like the archetypal evil overlord. He's got massive armies of monsters. He has a headquarters made of volcanoes. And, he did... you know, he did all of those... things. And... And what exactly? Do tell me, because throughout the entire 2000-hour run of the Jackson trilogy, I couldn't find a single reason why everyone demonized Sauron like he was a Obama at a Tea Party rally
>>
#NotAllOrcs #IRideWithTrolls #KillAllElfs
>>
invaded the lands of gondor, had his ally invade the lands of rohan, killed thousands of innocent people.
>>
I mean he was evil and... and he was scary and shit
>>
>>70147222
check your privilege, shitlord. this has absolutely nothing to do with sauron.
>>
File: his power.jpg (43 KB, 436x567) Image search: [Google]
his power.jpg
43 KB, 436x567
>>70146972
>creates magic rings to influence everyone
>pretty much the figurative incarnation of evil
>the 9 kings of men become his slaves
>slaughters any and everyone
>employs brutes who have no regard for life
>doesn't give two fucks about the environment
>same thing we do every night
>try to take over the world

yea, nigga is evil as shit. no redeeming qualities, he's essentially a villain to be a villain.
>>
File: 1455838400364.png (178 KB, 1045x869) Image search: [Google]
1455838400364.png
178 KB, 1045x869
>>70146972
Fuck off Sauron
>>
why do we have this exact thread every fucking night?

google Gorlim son of Angrim
>>
>>70146972
What exactly is saurons motivation? What the fuck is his problem? This is never explained
>>
>>70146972
It's explained in the first 10 minutes you moron.
>>
>was Morgoth's bottom bitch
>created the spooky rings who made Men into ghouls and Jew dwarfs into even greedier Jews
>fucked with the Elves all the time
>seduced the Numenorians (is that how it's written?) Into JUSTing the world up
>fought with pretty much the whole Middle Earth until he got rekt
>started fucking stuff up again after coming back through ring hacks
>>
>>70146972
You were the slow kid in school weren't you?
>>
>>70149536
He wanted to industrialize Middle Earth to death or something like that, he would end up getting rekt by Manwe if he ever turned into a big enough problem anyways, and Melkor will find a way back and then everything ends in a final Ragnarok-like war so it doesn't matter
>>
>>70149536
Likely he would have covered the world in shadow, made armies, harnessed his powers and attempt to conquer the rest of Arda while at some point making attempts at summong Melkor back from the Void.
>>
>>70149536
he wanted to make middle-earth great again
>>
What was Mama Spider?
>>
Guys, the whole purpose of sauron is to be the embodiment of all evil. Lotr is a very straightforward good vs evil fairytale, just one with plenty of background information. The big bad for the sake of being big bad trope seems cliche and boring now, but thats literally because of lotr -- tolkien started that trend in fantasy.
>>
>>70147411
did this grownass nigga just quote a cartoon?
>>
>>70146972
>everyone demonized Sauron like he was a Obama at a Tea Party rally

TOPICAL
>>
Read the fucking books
>>
>>70147411
Originally he simply wanted there to be complete and utter order. But that was back when he was still a maia, by the time he became the Dark Lord in the movie I don't know if that's still his motivation. It's probably more likely he wished to conquer Middle Earth for a time before bringing back Morgoth from the Void and initializing Dagor Dagorath. Also he did nothing wrong.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.