[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>can literally become ant-sized in a moment's notice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: BF_Payoff_1-Sht_v8_Lg-1309x1940.jpg (604 KB, 1309x1940) Image search: [Google]
BF_Payoff_1-Sht_v8_Lg-1309x1940.jpg
604 KB, 1309x1940
>can literally become ant-sized in a moment's notice
>almost invisible to the naked human eye
>still gets caught multiple times during a heist
Only Marvel can write something like this, folks.
>>
>>70144461
That is seriously a fuckung huge annoyance with MCU Antman. For some reason, everyone can see him.
It's especially egregious in ANTMAN when those agents are shooting at him drom across the fucking room. Shits absurd.
>>
He gets caught when he tries to steal the suit because it had a trap on it. He is then in a small glass container, of course someone sees him
>>
OP wants movies third act heist to go off without a single hitch. Walk in, grab the thing, go home, the end, roll credits. Patrician screenwriting.
>>
>implying you can't see an ant
>>
>>70144461
why didn't give it to his daughter?
>>
>When ant-sized, he can only travel at a speed comparable to an ant
>That means when anything he has to do, criminal-hero style, has to be organized in such a way that he's at the location either full-sized or carried in/near by someone full-sized
>>
>>70144461

>what is dramatic tension

You must be new to storytelling.
>>
>>70146448
because the last time the woman had the suit she fucked everything up
>>
>OP can't see ants

top kek
>>
>>70146572
>what is diabolus ex machina
You must be new to storytelling.
>>
>ants
>invisible

also when they were shooting at him they only saw where he went initially. after that they were just shooting in his general direction
>>
why didn't they just kill that """evil""" scientist?
>>
>>70144461
>Yellowjacket death scene.
>Ant-Man gets smaller inside of him to destroy him.
>Somehow, he isn't covered in blood when bigger.
>>
>>70147860
>implying blood is subatomic
>>
I never understood the subatomic scenes. If you get exponentially smaller until you're literally smaller than an electron, wouldn't you be too small to do anything that would affect the world?
>>
>>70147860
Why doesn't antman make his suit out of animantium and just shrink down to cellular level go inside people then enlarge and blow them up? Why hasn't marvel done this? Black Panther needs to hook this nigga up with that metal. He'd be unstoppable.
>>
>>70148876
It's very much explained why he can't shrink to cellular level...
>>
File: pepe_is_hiding.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
pepe_is_hiding.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
It's cuz if you make the protagonists incompetent it's easier to relate to them
>>
>>70146539
He can super jump.
>>
>>70145906
or just dont make a movie about a fucking ant-man
>>
>>70147345
She died saving America, shitlord. It was the man who fucked up and got his regulator destroyed and the woman had to save the day.
>>
>>70149939
>she died saving america
>it was the man who fucked up
kek

anywho
last time a man went to quantum space he got out fine
>>
Am i the only one that liked this movie? It was more enjoyable and interesting than most capeshit and didn't take itself too seriously
>>
>>70150305
I liked too, it's Top 5 MCU for me.
>>
>>70150305
>>still gets caught multiple times during a heist
>Only Marvel can write something like this, folks
Just watched with my mom, its fine.
>>
>>70150305
I've seen it like 11 times.
Each time it was with different people in a way, it's fun seeing them react to the movie because it's such a fun concept
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5 KB, 283x178
>>70144461
Hey OP do you like this picture of nothing?
>>
>>70151443
In OP's defense if I saw an ant on my gun as I was aiming down sights, I think id see it
>>
>>70151641
That's not in OP's defence.
>>
>They explain the suit works by condensing your atoms together

>Somehow you can go sub-atomic

????
>>
>>70151780
itspymparticles.jpg
>>
>>70150305
Definitely top 1 for me.
I felt like it was the only MCU movie with a hint of actually organic charm, not just a contrived style in an attempt to carter to a specific audience.
>>
>>70148746
the shrinking was a process; he first got smaller than an ant as part of the process which let him get into the titanium suit and fuck shit up, then he shrunk forever inside it until saved by the power of love or some shit
>>
>>70145153
>when those agents are shooting at him drom across the fucking room
I figured they were just firing where he was headed, all they saw was him shrink and go towards the table, so they all mag dumped the table since they were aware of shrink tech and what it does.
>>
File: ant man and hawkeye.jpg (83 KB, 528x431) Image search: [Google]
ant man and hawkeye.jpg
83 KB, 528x431
>>70150305
probably top 3 mcu, maybe best?
>>
So weird how people like this movie so much. I mean it's good but it's like a 7/10 at the very best.
>>
>>70150042

That's because a man can think on his feet while a woman just gets hysteric and curls up for a cry
>>
I was so relieved when he came to terms with the stepdad
As soon as that detail was revealed I assumed they'd trot out the usual "stepdad's evil but the mom won't believe him until he saves her at the end and then they get back together"
>>
>>70144461

Why does BONE FOR TUNA get to be on the poster but not Avon? Is Hollywood racist?
>>
>>70148746
What do you mean "wouldn't you"? Are you seriously so fucking retarded you think the movie is trying to convince you what you're seeing is a scientifically accurate representation? Jesus christ you're a fucking idiot.
>>
File: mpc-hc 2016-05-27 09-45-32-529.jpg (409 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc 2016-05-27 09-45-32-529.jpg
409 KB, 1920x1080
You can see ants therefor you can see Ant-Man
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.