[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's so cool and trendy to call Leo shit Name a female
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7
>it's so cool and trendy to call Leo shit
Name a female or a non-white who has ever given a performance anywhere near the level of Dicaprio in The Revenant.
>>
Brie Larson in Room.

She didn't look directly at the camera though so it isn't quite as "compelling"
>>
>>70136939
>Brie Larson in Room.
Terrible film, mediocre performance. Any high profile male actor would have done a better job.
>>
>>70136939
If you complain about the moment of Leo looking upon the audience then you didn't understand the movie.
>>
>>70136889
Haven't seen this movie yet? Is it good?
>>
>>70138377
One of the best of the 10s.
>>
It wasn't really a performance worth retelling.

It was a physical role with very little spoken words by him.
>>
>>70138449
>The Revenant
>good
>best

No. This film is mediocre and boring. Do not waste your time on it. Inarritu is a fucking hack.
>>
>le women can't act
There are literally hundreds of female performances better than Leo's shit role in The Revenant.
>>
>leo won an oscar for staying in character in harsh conditions
>his character was "leonardo dicaprio in harsh conditions."
>>
Tom Hardy in The Revenant
>>
>>70136889

>name a non white actor

so you're saying any white male actor is better than Leo?
>>
>>70138538
>it's not quality acting unless muh talky talky
Leo conveyed more through his physicality in this movie than any woman could have done with thousands of words of dialogue.
>>
so getting cold and eating raw meat is now considered top tier acting.

shit that was me in February, where's my oscar?
>>
>>70138729
Running around a forest groaning and looking cold is not quality acting.
>>
>>70138688
Any actor is better than Leo. Literally the biggest hack in the acting industry.

>le look at me act!!!!!
>LE I'M SO ANGRY BECAUSE I'M YELLING I'M A GOOD ACTOR GUYS REALLY
>>
>>70136889
>>70137037
>>70137378
>>70138449
>>70138729
How much are you getting paid, anon? I refuse to believe anyone actually believes Leo is a good actor.
>>
Caprio is a spoilt rich brat, I cannot take him seriously trying to be an 18th century Hunter. this pleb shit is awful.
>>
>>70138771
>I have autism and very little understanding of non-verbal social queues.
>therefore all non-dialogue driven characterization flies right over my head.

If Leo started screaming about milkshakes and religion you same /v/edditors would be praising him as GOAT, yet in this film Leo achieves far more than that purely with the look in his eye.
>>
>>70138789
>Any actor is better than Leo
It is literally impossible to name anybody better than him who isn't white and male.
>inb4 you name some nobody from one of your entry level edgy chink flicks.
>>
>>70138860
This. Any movie with Dicaprio automatically lowers in quality. Dude is literally just mediocre in everything he does.
>>
>>70138915
Sidney Poitier
>>
>>70138880
Fucking kek m8. You're not doing yourself any favors by comparing Dicaprio to Day-Lewis, you shill. Just look at how bad Based Daniel out acted Leo in Gangs of New York. Made him look like a fucking amateur. Because he is.
>>
>>70138449
It was nearly three hours of huffing, panting, and Alejandro stroking his dick.
>>
>>70138915
This is some next level shilling. Does Dicaprio have a movie coming out or something?
>>
>>70138960
Totally unremarkable
Only reason he made a name for himself was because of the gimmick of being any actor of that race at the time.
>>
>>70138583
>>70138995
*tip*
>>
>AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I'M ACTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW
>>
>>70138990
Leo hadn't fully learned the art of Kino acting in the gangs era, but now he is operating at peak capacity he has overtaken anything DDL has ever done.

Subtle, soulfull human performance is totally ignored on this board though, whilst the shouty cartoony meme acting of day lewis is praised constantly. DDL being considered good in shit like there will be blood is the same way of thinking that leads to comic book trash like bryan cranston in breaking bad being considered a masterclass in acting.
>>
>ITT: OP gets BTFO
Honestly, you should've expected it, lad. We hate meme actors on /tv/. Perhaps you should go talk about Leo on reddit. I heard they like him.
>>
>>70139305
>OP gets BTFO
And still nobody has named a female or black capable of giving a peformance like Leo.
>>
>>70136889
Viola Davis in her one scene in Doubt lmao
>>
>>70139287
Fucking Christ. That must be one hell of a paycheck you're getting from Dicaprio.
>>
>>70136889
He was shit. It was just Leo playing Leo as usual.
>>
Naomi Watts in multiple movies. In fact, she surpasses Leo massively.
>>
>>70139342
Won't even waste my time. You'll just shill even harder.
>>
Chiwetel Ejiofor in 12 years a slave
>inb4 muh oscar bait
>>
>>70139305
Isn't this a meme too tho
>>
>>70139342
Cate Blanchett
Meryl Streep
Javier Bardem
Denzel Washington

This is me just humoring you. I could literally name dozens of others, but I don't want to.
>>
>>70139384
>>70139427
These
>>
>>70139384
She is p.good in mulholland drive 2bh but I can't picture her being able to do what leo did in the revenant. Can you see her being able to do the queludes scene in TWOWS and it having the same effect. She is an ACTOR but not a movie star. Leo finally bridges the gap.

>>70139427
Let me laugh harder. I am not just saying that for effect either, I'm literally laughing out loud.
>>
>>70139457
Is what a meme?
>>
>>70139525
>Can you see her being able to do the queludes scene in TWOWS and it having the same effect
Holy shit, you have to be 12. That was literally just Leo hamming it up and shitting all over the screen. Go fuck yourself. Now you've really annoyed me.
>>
He's baiting all of you idiots. We all know nobody thinks Leo is a good actor.
>>
File: jagsfan.png (669 KB, 699x628) Image search: [Google]
jagsfan.png
669 KB, 699x628
>>70139525
>I'm literally laughing out loud.
You're not, and you clearly haven't seen the movie
>I can't picture her being able to do what leo did in the revenant
That's not an argument you fucking idiot
>>
>>70139617
12 Years a slave is one of the biggest embarrassments of the last decade. I'd say I wish I hadn't seen it, but that's not true. It's worth seeing in that battlefield earth kind of way. A fascinating example of how to go wrong at every turn.

It's a valid argument. Leo could slot into every one of her roles seamlessly, but she'd be utterly unconvincing doing any of his best work. I could see her in Django Unchained maybe, but TWOWS and Revenant. You are deluded.
>>
>>70139703
>Leo could slot into every one of her roles seamlessly
Is this bait?
>>
>>70139773
No.

Let's look at her crowning moment of acting. Crying while masturbating in Mulholland Drive. Leo would be more than capable of doing that exact scene with at least as much pathetic emotion.
>>
>>70139773
>read this as "Leo could slot into every one of her holes seamlessly"

I've gone too far into the rabbit hole
>>
>>70139859
Listen, sir. Please tell Mr. Dicaprio that he's wasting time and money here. Tell him that the website Reddit would be much more receptive to your shilling.
>>
>>70139859
>He thinks that's her best moment in Mullholland Dr.
wew.
>Let's look at Leos crowning moment of acting. Crying while crawling out of a hole.
It's pretty easy to trivialise things without actually making a point.
>>
>>70139859
>Having Leos penis lodged in your throat
Jelly tbqh fammo
>>
>>70139973
Leo could wank and cry. Do that audition scene. Do the dinner table scene. All of it.

She could cry crawling out of a hole, but could she do it in the context of how leo achieved it. Would she be as convicing? No.
>>
File: 1314382795724.png (81 KB, 477x355) Image search: [Google]
1314382795724.png
81 KB, 477x355
>>70140023
>Leo could wank and cry. Do that audition scene. Do the dinner table scene. All of it.
Of course he could, but it would be mediocre at best, like all of his performances.
>Would she be as convicing? No.
Might be because Hugh Glass is a man and Naomi Watts is a woman.
>>
>>70140086
>Of course he could, but it would be mediocre at best, like all of his performances.
Except he would be even better. I was just imagining the club silencio scene but with Leo playing Betty and tears literally started rolling down my face.
>Might be because Hugh Glass is a man and Naomi Watts is a woman.
Which just speaks to the inherent inferiority of that gender. You could enhance any one of her movie just by swapping her with Leo and changing a few pronouns, but not the other way around.
>>
>>70140233
Alright, you just outed yourself as a troll.
>>
we get it OP you're gay for Leonardo DiCaprio
I'm sorry he loves fucking young female models and will never be with you
just get over it
>>
>>70140386
OP here. I'm literally sitting on Leo's cock as I type this. Stay jealous haters :P
>>
>>70138729
This is an SJW false-flagger, move on everyone
>>
>>70140386
Leo's banging of young models is exactly what makes him such a compelling actor. When you see a film you are buying a fantasy for a couple of hours.

For every second in the theater watching the latest leo movie, you ARE dicaprio. his life is your life, his dick is your dick, and you get to feel every warm contour of each and every one of those young model's pussies. I don't want to fuck Leo, I want to become him, and every time we go to see his movies, we do.

The first man to cross the movie star fantasy with legitimate acting mastery. Leo-kino.
>>
>>70140497
We were just memeing, anon. Didn't realise you were actually gay for Leo. That's fine btw, I'm not homophobic. We accept you for who you are :)
>>
File: Denzel.jpg (172 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Denzel.jpg
172 KB, 1024x768
>>70138915
Still one of the best of the best.
>>
>>70140637
People hype him but I've never seen him give a single convicing performance.
>>
>>70140665
Watch more films
>>
>>70140684
If you think he's a good actor it's you who needs to watch more films.
>>
>>70140770
Not him but come on, Denzel ?
The guy, always bring solid performances.
>>
Just a reminder:

https://vimeo.com/153979733

If you still think Revenant is a decent flick, it must be because of it's opening scene (which I have to admit, was great), soundtrack (but sometimes repetitive) and photography. The story is mediocre as shit, seriously, it's cliché and the characters are one-dimensional as well. Iñárritu is a hack, Lubezki is the only reason of his sucess.
>>
>>70141308
But plot and character are the most pleb tier elements of a film. Maybe this is a bad movie, but the kinographic elements are all exceptional.
>>
>>70136889
Maria Falconetti
>>
>>70141392
Nope, because while the imagery in the Revenant is pretty to look at, it says nothing and does nothing more than convey the mediocre plot. The imagery is vapid. It's artistic merit is on about the same level a nature documentary (i.e non-existent),
>>
>>70141308
Just a reminder. You fedora tipping autists have shouted for years about PTA being a hack, now 2 years of In a tutu being a hack or fraud or pleb or whatever buzzword you chose. he is making great films, so is PTA. Birdman was GOAT, Leo was good. In a tutu and his cinematographer bf are killin it.
>>
>>70141523
The narrative plot is nothing special but it sounds like the entire kinographical "plot" of the film sailed right over your head.
>>
>>70141657
Explain it to me, and stop with dumb buzzwords
>>
>>70141643
>he is making great films, so is PTA. Birdman was GOAT, Leo was good. In a tutu and his cinematographer bf are killin it.
Is this opposite day? You've just praised some of the worst cancer at the heart of the modern cinema landscape.
>>
>>70141643
>PTA
>Inarritu

Cinematic criminals.
>>
>>70141690
Your opinions are not grounded in reality. Your delusional praise for mediocrity and subjective and often retarded perspective on film is pathetic and easily dismissable.
>>
File: 2109421439.jpg (15 KB, 368x657) Image search: [Google]
2109421439.jpg
15 KB, 368x657
>>70141690
>He didn't like The Master
>>
>>70141831
The Master is capeshit with a different name.
>>
>>70138747
I got a nice thick Oscar just for you if you know what I'm implying
>>
>>70141643
I like PTA, but Iñárritu is clearly a hack. Lubezki's best work is still The Tree of Life, and Iñárritu is also a Malick whore and basically hired the hole crew that worked in TTOL.

Birdman has a good plot, but the only character that is developed is Keaton, and all the other character are fucking fillers, Iñárritu tried to do a movie that seems like a single long take but required CGI to finish the project. The critic is sparse and the ending, while is comprehensible, it would be so much better if he only stayed at the hospital and didn't tried to be that pretentious. If you look closely, the critic character (that appears one or two times in the movie, and it's not even a big star) is more important than all the secondary characters, you realize the movie failed in what it tried to be. The best thing about Birdman is the score, which is fantastic, when I left the theater, the only thing that kept me from liking the movie, was the score.
>>
>>70138680
This.
>>
File: Lollipop-chainsaw-4.png (1 MB, 1277x716) Image search: [Google]
Lollipop-chainsaw-4.png
1 MB, 1277x716
>>70136889
I've always felt Chadwick boseman is a pretty greatt actor.

I have no idea if this is an unpopular opinion here though.
I think he gave a great performance in Get on Up.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.