[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did they make a trilogy so focused on characters that is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Don_Vito_Corleone.jpg (664 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Don_Vito_Corleone.jpg
664 KB, 1920x1080
How did they make a trilogy so focused on characters that is so good in all three films? I seriously expected it to become shittier with each movie but it was as good in each, each one focusing in a different part of Michael's career. Is there a trilogy as good?
>>
>>70135788

Because the characters have integrity and their roles become better and better over time instead of devolving to fit the social construct. Instead of focusing on one thing, the film does many good things that work.
>>
Is Godfathe Part III as good compared to the first two?
>>
>>70136695
One might think it will not live up to the expectation but one soon realises it does.
>>
>>70136695
No, but Andy Garcia saves it
>>
>thinks the Godfather is about his "career"

I've never heard it described that way before. I see it as more about his moral corruption, and that was completed by the end of the first movie. 2 feels completely redundant
>>
>>70135788
>he likes part 3
Are you fucking retarded or just memeing?
>>
>>70135788
>le Godfather 3 is good
Fuck off, kid. That movie alone completely destroys its chances of being the GOAT trilogy. That title belongs to LOTR.
>>
Infernal Affairs.
Nightwatch but not as good.
>>
>>70135788
The daughter was fit.

I don't understand why people pretend she ruined it. She wasn't even that bad, and wasn't even in it much.
>>
>>70137338
>GOAT trilogy.
Other than LOTR, the only movie series I can think of that's completely perfect is BTTF. Are there any other movie series with no weak links?
>>
>>70137486
The Cornetto
Bourne
>>
>>70137579
>what is the worlds end
>what is bourne legacy
>>
>>70137685
>thinking the first half of The World's End isn't the best part of the whole trilogy
>thinking the Bourne Legacy is part of the Bourne trilogy.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (76 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
76 KB, 1920x1080
>Part 1: Character build-up
>Part 2: Facing difficult decisions, fucks up with his family
>Part 3: Redemption towards his family

The three were as good, they just focused on different things, and obviously if you were looking for "muh badasss mafia lord" you would think the third part was crap.
>>
>>70138236
Yeah, no. 3 is a mediocre movie. If you honestly thinks it's on the same level as the first two, you're either a fucking fanboy or a total pleb. Either way, your opinion means shit.
>>
File: g9Iaizp.jpg (52 KB, 604x609) Image search: [Google]
g9Iaizp.jpg
52 KB, 604x609
>>70138429
>The movie was bad
>Because it was bad
>>
>>70137474
I agree with everything you just said. It took me 15 years to realise it, but I agree.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.