[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else enjoy this? I thought it was pretty great, way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
Did anyone else enjoy this? I thought it was pretty great, way better than Civil Snore and Dawn of Justice in my opinion. I liked the 80s aesthetic alot. Also liked Quicksilver's little arc and the Jean, Cyclops and Nightcrawler scenes. That Wolverine sequence is worth the price of admission alone too.

Just don't see this shit in 3D though it's a waste of money. But yeah all in all its my favorite capeshit of the year so far.
>>
It's certainly capekino.
>>
>>70134076
bretty good but also had a lot more potential
>>
>>70134076
It was great. It could have been better, and a few other x-men movies were better, but it didn't deserve the retarded fucking reviews it got.
>>
i saw 3 times.
its pretty gut .
>>
>>70134076

I felt that it balanced goofiness with seriousness really well. Few capeshit can do that these days.

This is the only capekino this year IMO
>>
>>70134076
It's X2 tier.
way better than any capeshit we saw this year
>>
>>70134076
I loved it.
But I thought it was frustrating because I can honestly say this could have been the UNDISPUTED best X-men movie if there TINY TINY things had been corrected. It honestly felt like the script was good but needed just one more proofread to make it perfect.
>>
>>70135970
they rushed movie to release in summer most likely.

also tells why cgi is shit .
>>
>>70134076
I think I'm the only one noticing how common the blue black and red colour scheme is becoming in film posters.
>>
>>70134076
>That Wolverine sequence is worth the price of admission

What happens? Does he go pedo on teen Jean Grey?
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 2184x1152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 2184x1152
>>70134076
SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS

9/10 movie desu, not even meming.
>>
>>70136251
Surprisingly not far off. She nearly got LOGAN'D
>>
I went today to see it but my sister said the film was giving her a headache and she has epilepsy so I didnt want to push it and we left after 5 minutes.

$15 down the drain
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 338x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 338x430
>>70136371
:^( I'm sorry about that desu senpai.

I hope you can find time to see it soon. It's a crowd pleaser.
>>
>>70136371
i would give her headache
if you know what i mean
>>
>>70136172
>I think I'm the only one noticing how common the blue black and red colour scheme is becoming in film posters.
Wow you're totally right you're the only one who noticed and incredibly common and understood colour pattern
>>
Jlaw and that GoT chick were ugly as fuck in this. Women are getting fatter and fatter.
>>
>>70136567

Yes, a post-coital headache after raping her haha.
>>
>>70136371
Prove it.
>>
>>70136606
Blue and orange was the go to for years and years, I'm just noticing an abrupt shift this summer. Must be a reason for it.
>>
>>70134076
Fox-Paid Anonymous Alert! Trying to spread word of mouth out of shilling Capeshit.
>>
xmen are always the better marvel movies because they don't make them to sell garbage to kids. I hope fox never releases the xmen. Disney will fuck them up so hard.
>>
>>70136643
The film opens on a top down helicopter shot of a desert, with narration about mutants with extreme power thinking they should rule the world. The camera then pans horizontally to reveal a pyramid, and sweeps over it to show thousands of slaves praying and chanting to a person in a tutankamun-esque masque as he proceeds toward the pyramid. He enters the pyramid with four people, who also have ornate masks. They take the masks off and the camera cuts to a view of a man's chest. A knife runs down the chest slowly but once the cut has completed it heals itself rapidly. One of the four henchman tells the main guy that this is the one they've been looking for.

After that I have no idea because we left.
>>
>>70134076
>I liked the 80s aesthetic alot
It was set in the 80s? I didn't fucking noticed.
>>
>>70136759
Way to go mouthbreather.
>>
>>70136759
Return of the Jedi was mentioned.
>>
>>70136702
I think so too.
>>
>>70134076
https://youtu.be/CU9X3tvTmIQ
Anyone else couldn't help but think of this during the quicksilver saves the day scene?
>>
>>70134076

Just came from the theater. I hadn't seen an Xmen film since X3 but this one was good. I like how the ending really set things up for later films.

8/10

What do you guys make of the post credits scene?
>>
It was good, but not great and quite frustrating in a lot of ways.

>oh shit we need ANOTHER excuse for Magneto to turn evil, quick give him a wife and kid and kill them 10 minutes later
>let's include Jubilee and not have her even use her powers
>Angel, Storm and Psylocke have literally zero character development
>Nightcrawler looked fucking terrible, and not even in the so bad it's good way Quicksilver does
>Apocalypse looked shit and had fucking zero character development or motivation, he literally existed for nothing more than cool CGI effects
>fired the nukes into space to get rid of them when he could have just wiped the planet clean that way considering he was fucking planning to do it eventually anyway
>FUCKING JLAW AND HER SHIT ACTING
>felt like a retread of First Class's gathering of the X-Men and DoFP's ending

I felt like it just.. exists, on its own it doesn't accomplish anything the other X-Men movies have done better in the past, and at the end all I could think was 'well I can't wait until the sequel to see an X-Men movie where they're actually the X-Men doing missions and shit'.

Instead we keep getting FUCKING MAGNETO RUINING EVERYTHING FOR EVERYONE BUT OH SHIT HE'S GOOD AND KILLS THE BAD GUY AND SAYS OLD FRIEND TO CHARLES HE CLEARLY WON'T REPEAT ALL THIS SHIT AGAIN.

Fuck.
>>
>>70136929
>>70137036
>>
>>70137313
>bojangles
>>
>>70137281
The Essex Corporation is a lead in to Mr Sinister who manipulates Cyclops and Jean Grey to breed so that they make Cable, the most powerful mutant in the world. So with the next X-Men movie and the next Deadpool movie we could see an integrated universe which could be fun
>>
>>70137281

Essex is a name commonly linked to Nathaniel Essex aka Mr Sinister, a jerkface geneticist that is obsessed with the Summers and Grey bloodlines, he believed that with careful manipulation of their ancestry they could give birth to potential THE strongest mutant on the planet.

He also dabbles in other genetic experiments, him taking Wolverine's blood might be a setup for the creation of X-23
>>
>>70137383
But it fucking fits isn't it?
>>
There barely was a 80s atesthetic
>>
>>70134076

Does anyone else find this movies and days of future past cheap?

Its like both of these movies set up a huge apocalyptic scenario but only give us teasers.

It feels like they couldnt afford to go all out; kinda like the finale of a tv show.
>>
>>70137701
>oh no Hydra could destroy every city on earth with these helicarriers but lol we stopped them too soon
>>
>>70137701
The X-Men movies are not about action, it's about the characters.

The Sentenials were pretty high-budget imo.
>>
>>70137783

At least i felt the stakes of that movie.

In these movies, it feels like they are fighting in a closed off space.

In Captain America, its a populated area. In these movies, its an abandoned stadium and ruined city.
>>
>>70137836
>it's about the characters.

Then why does it feel like everyone is just playing a type of character rather than a fully fleshed one? There is never enough focus on many of them to be invested.
>>
File: ChAIAMfWYAADGE2.jpg-large.jpg (31 KB, 876x475) Image search: [Google]
ChAIAMfWYAADGE2.jpg-large.jpg
31 KB, 876x475
who /Cyclops/ here?
>>
>>70136759
>He didn't notice from the hair and clothing styles, music used, cars, and pop culture references
Tell me anon. Were you born after 2000?
>>
>>70137933
his suit looks very cheap
>>
>>70134076
It needed more Wolverine. I was much more interested in what he was doing alone out in the woods than any of the faggoty shit that happened after he left the movie.
>>
>>70134076
That laser in the poster is really tacky.
>>
why is nightcrawler such a faggot
>>
>>70137889
not many people feel that way.

a lot of people agree that the characters are interesting and not 2D.
>>
>>70138370
Because he sucked Singer's dick at one of his famous coke and twink parties to get the part
>>
>>70138395

The only thing fully fleshed out about Jean Grey in this movie was her massive forehead.
>>
File: JUST.webm (3 MB, 624x272) Image search: [Google]
JUST.webm
3 MB, 624x272
>>70138458
yus
>>
>>70138318
It's supposed to be. 80s brah.

Also I cannot believe they didn't kill Quicksilver.....
>>
>>70137933
HEY McFLY !
>>
>>70137933
Dubs confirm best character
>>
>>70134076
I feel like it is just stuffed with too many characters so people get shafted. The X-Men franchise has continually suffered with this.

Hey make Hugh Jackman the star or Jennifer Lawrence. Stick everyone else in the backround with three lines despite making a big fuss of their character being in this film in all the trailers. Give them like a slither of a character.

Put some fantastic actors in it but never let them have anything at all to work with.
>>
>>70138521
Can I make a period joke or is that in bad taste?
>>
File: Hugh-Jackman-Cover.jpg (304 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Hugh-Jackman-Cover.jpg
304 KB, 700x700
>>70138790
>>70138790
best character had the smallest role
>>
>>70134076
>I liked the 80s aesthetic alot

There was no 80's aesthetic, none. It all looked 2000 as fuck. The characters didn't dress like the 80's, the scenery was contemporary and there was barely any indication that this is happening in the past. I don't get where you faggots get this idea.
>>
>>70138016
>He didn't notice from the hair and clothing styles, music used, cars, and pop culture references
Yes, all 3.5 of them.
>Were you born after 2000?
1987 actually.
>>
>>70138016
>>He didn't notice from the hair and clothing styles, music used, cars, and pop culture references
Not him but this film really downplayed exploring the periods aesthetic unlike First Class/DoFP
>>
i enjoyed it thoroughly
very good pacing, and entertaining characters
>>
>>70139186
To be honest Apocrolypse is the first XMen film I've seen.
>>
>>70137933
Literally the only thing that made me like this movie.
They actually had development of cyclops and in the first 5 minutes hes already pushing to lead.
>>
>>70134076
lets talk about erik's young daughter who could control animals
>>
>>70138521
MUH ANIMES
>>
File: game of fags.jpg (96 KB, 829x939) Image search: [Google]
game of fags.jpg
96 KB, 829x939
>>70138521
>>70138458
>>
>>70134076
It was okay once it got going but HOLY SHIT did it take a long ass time to get going. They could have cut out a good 45 minutes of inane horseshit they padded the first hour with and the movie would have been way more enjoyable.
>>
>>70140188
was she supposed to be fox's scarlet witch?
>>
>>70140188
Why though, that's a lame ass super power.
>Oh no she can control animals!
>If only we had guns to kill them or animal feed to pacify them!
>>
>"Everyone knows that the third movie is always the worst."
>>
>>70140384
you sound genuinely unpleasant to be around
>>
>>70139023
This is some next level autism.
>>
>>70135228
word up
>>
>>70135228
>>70140576
lets see your version of an xman movie

oh wait they dont let basement dwellers make blockbusters
>>
>>70134076
Bryan Singer basically said, "fuck everything Matthew Vaugh did, this is my movie."

And in doing so he destroyed the possibilities of alternate universes and instead gave us a shit load of coincidences
>>
File: tumblr_o7ha2lIsy71uvcgjlo2_250.gif (2 MB, 245x307) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7ha2lIsy71uvcgjlo2_250.gif
2 MB, 245x307
>>70140292
This is exactly what you nerds would have been saying if Warner Bros let Snyder release the 3 hour Batman v Superman cut theatrically first. That's how I know the ultimate it isn't gonna change a thing, because the film is still shit at its core and you really can't change that.
>>
>>70136008
Yes! The CGI was disgusting when cities were being vaporized
>>
>>70137036
When I saw that, i thought about all the conspiracy people
>>
>>70136251
>pedo
>teen
Pick one
>>
>>70140758
Kek
>>
>the 4chan contrarians are now saying this was good
It was an unfocused mess. Too many characters. Too much jumping around. Too many contrivances. Too fucking long. I haven't been this bored watching capeshit since GOTG. The differing being GOTG were literal whos whom I had no prior connection to and didn't care at all about, while X-Men has been my favorite comic book property for almost 25 years.
>>
>>70137545
I was an 80's kid and often forgot this was set in the 80's. It's like they were afraid to go full 80's so they downplayed everything.
>>
>>70140339
She was Polaris.
>>
>>70140466
He sounds genuinely correct on all accounts, and you sound intentionally idiotic.
>>
>>70134076
The wolverine scene was a huge let down, what the fuck are you talking about?

They got his outfit wrong (obviously gotta show Hugh Jackmans face!) the way he acted was no different than he does in any other film/fight. They kills were tame and nothing special, just more of the same shit we saw in X2.
Even more disappointing after the brutal ancient Egypt scenes, and a few others throughout hte film.
He should have been feral, attacking like an animal, and completely out of control. There was no sense of that at all.
>>
I thought it was okay by the previous X-Men movie's standards.
The only things that struck me as strange were how nobody seemed to have aged 15 years since First Class (was Havok 30+ by this point?) and that JLaw the fucking prima donna wouldn't put her makeup on in 90% of her screen time.
Oh, and almost no Jubilee.
And sniktbub was wearing boxers for no real reason, probably so he wouldn't be full nude in front of "teenage" Sansa.
Sansa looked fucking stupid too with her 6head. Hair and makeup should've insisted she wear her hair down more like Famke.

Actually, you know, it wasn't a great movie. It was better than X-Men 3, and that's all. Far from capekino.
>>
>>70137933
>they gave him the Jim Lee costume but fucked all the colors up
>>
>>70134076
Kinda hated the ending.

>Based Apocalypse fighting Magneto and Cyclops WHILE having a mind battle with Charles AND HE'S WINNING
>"oh shit this is pretty intense, I wonder how they're going to beat him-"
>Enter Jean Mary Sue Phoenix powers that somehow disable his forcefield

I dunno maybe it's explained better in the comics, but it just felt anticlimactic as hell.
>>
>>70142587
Also how could he atomize those people in the smeltery in pooland, but not the mutants attacking/betraying him?
Oh and as he collected his 4 "horsemen", why Angel and Psylocke? Compared to Magneto and Storm they are hilariously underpowered.

Furthermore why can Psylockes psychic blade and leash cut through stone etc, but not through the beasts neck?

Can any comic nerds answer those questions for me?
>>
Better than Deadpool desu
>>
>>70137933
Not gonna lie I got pretty hyped when I seen the blue and yellow.

Please fucking let the next movie be Cyclop/Jean/Jubilee/Quicksilver banter time.
>>
File: 1462114212847.jpg (174 KB, 800x1066) Image search: [Google]
1462114212847.jpg
174 KB, 800x1066
>>70140227
she must have had surgery at some point
>>
I wasn't really planning on seeing this but I got a regal giftcard my dad won in a raffle, I liked DeadPool is this as good as DP?
>>
SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS
>>
>>70134076
Agreed. It's the weakest of the new trilogy, but I thought it was pretty solid, still. Didn't deserve such bad reviews at all.
>>
>>70136371
Why didn't you ask for a refund if you really left only 5 min into it?

What third world shit hole do you live in that wouldn't refund you?
>>
Why the fuck did they have to make prof x go bald in the end
Like who fucking cared how he lost his hair, it was just such a dumb hollywood hurr we need to explain it thing
>>
>>70145446
It's the same way they had to show Sheev turning into old Sheev in ROTS. They should have had him starting to lose his hair in DOFP instead of being a hippie.
>>
>YFW Apocalypse is better than every MCU villian except Loki
>very few critics mention how fucking scary Apoc was or give the movie credit
>critics have been trained to ignore villians by the MCU

X-Men has
>>
Nobody in this movie spoke like an actual human
Everything that came of everyones mouth was either a quip or a quote for the trailer
>>
>>70142877

He explains midway through the movie he is simply in it for survival of the fittest. Literally, no one gets this. It's why he is practically joyful when phoenix caps his ass. He loves seeing something so powerful.
>>
>>70134076
>way better than Cival War
Yup I all heartedly agree
>>
>better than Civil War
'no'
>>
It made me kinda wish that Fox did the MCU instead of Marvel Disney.

Not that Civil War was shit it's just tries so hard to appeal to everyone rather than have it's own vision. Maybe it's just the TV show aspect of the MCU that lessens things. Like it's all just episodes building up to the Thanos finale instead of substantial movies in their own right.
>>
>>70140677
>dat gif

hhhhnnnnggggg
>>
>>70134076
Better than Civil War? Not by a long shot, even as an X-men fan. But still great? Yes, definitely. They still have a hard time with fight scenes that aren't Wolverine though.
>>
Just watched it. Great movie. Critics are morans
>>
>>70144314
I thought it was better desu. Although it's definitely the worst out of the three most recent X films.
>>
>>70136251

Long story short, Jean, Scott, and Nightcrawler are trying to free the others and Jean let's Wolverine loose on the base. He slaughters everyone in true Logan glory.
>>
Just watched it.
Everything else aside, did the guys doing CG go on strike or something? Loads of the shit looked unfinished. The scenes of the shipyard getting destroyed was downright awful.
>>
>>70134076
No, fox should return the rights
>>
File: 1463594239476.jpg (72 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
1463594239476.jpg
72 KB, 720x690
>>70134076

>The Good:
>Most of the movie.
>Cyclops
>LOGAN

>The Bad:
>Apocalypse needed more development
>Psylocke - great casting choice, very poor acting however
>Jean Grey - semi-decent acting, ruined by the VERY SLOW DRAMATIC SCENE AT THE END which would have been 100x better if it was sped up

I really felt like they could've improved Apocalypse if they had just explained his motives a bit more. Classic "Strong Must Rule" bullshit but it felt very very light.
>>
>>70141440
Shut up, grandpa
>>
>>70134076
Its the worst Singer directed one yet but I still enjoyed it. The new cast is great and I'm excited for the future. Really like the new Storm casting and this movies finally was a fucking blast! Loved the 80s look as well.

Apocalypse himself was kind of dumb and the whole Magneto's new family shit seemed unnecessary and forced.
>>
>>70144314
WAY WAY BETTER THAN DP!
For starters, more mutants.
For finishers, this didn't revolve around a damsel in distress
>>
>>70136371
if you're sister has a real condition, you could go back and explain the situation. I used to work at a theater and people walkout 15 mins before the movie ends and (depending on their attitude) they got fully refunded
>>
>>70146752
Apocalypse was literally worshipped as a god before he was turned on. Why would he not think the world was his?
>>
>>70146988
I don't question his -reasons-. I just wanted to hear more detail on them + how he convinced the others.
>>
>>70146752
You there are comics for that.

Most of already know. Stop being reddit and read
>>
>>70146816
KYS
>>
>>70136371
Should have talked to the staff. You at least would have got voucher's to another movie.
>>
>>70134076
its awesome
>>
>>70136678
are you the king of the jews?
>>
>>70138552
>killing the best character

yeah that would be so smart
>>
File: Biuotiful.gif (648 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Biuotiful.gif
648 KB, 480x270
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgHxmAsINDk
>Dat scene
My only disappointment about this scene is they stopped with the nuclear missiles launching in space, why stopping there and no go full "CARNAGE AND CHAOS EVERYWHERE" where we see radical humans killing innocent mutants and radical mutants killing innocent humans. I mean, when you use the 2nd movement of the 7th symphony by Beethoven you simply just don't stop AND UNLEASH PASSION FOR FUCK SAKE! But still I like what we got.
>>
>>70147847
The movie should've been cut in two parts. Setting the new x-men/apoc; they fighting him.

It was too much, for too little time.
>>
>>70147847
The 2nd movement of the 7th symphony is garbage tho
>>
File: 1btt3i7lu4a0.gif (444 KB, 365x231) Image search: [Google]
1btt3i7lu4a0.gif
444 KB, 365x231
>>70148218
I respectfully disagree. :^)
>>
Why didn't magneto look like he was almost 50? If he was a kid during WWII then 40 years later he should start to show signs of aging. Hell quicksilver didn't even look older than DoFP. The whole movie felt like it only took place at the most like a year after DoFP (1973).

Also I was a bit bored during the final fight because I knew Jean was gonna be the one to do apocalypse in.
>>
>>70142382
His claws also looked almost as bad as in Origins. That scene seemed rushed.
>>
>>70148391
Im from /mu/ so my opinion is better
>>
Movie was alright. I hope McAvoy and Fassbender stay and J Law is replaced with Rosamund Pike in any future movies.
>>
File: 1427331828647.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1427331828647.jpg
182 KB, 1920x1200
>>70139546
Go see days of future past bro great fucking movie
>>
>>70146807
I liked Storm, shame she spent a quarter of the movie staring into space with her mouth open.
>>
Why cant lightning kill anyone in any of the xmen movies??
>>
>>70145955
NOPE
>>
>>70137036
I was really hoping that the end would involve Storm using lightning on Quicksilver, and him looking up to Magneto begging "Father...please" and THAT'S what got him to turn against Apocalypse.
>>
Seriously, one fight in the whole two and a half hours?
>>
>>70137426
>>70137456
Of course in these movies, he'll be obsessed with Wolvie's DNA instead of the Summers'. So none of anything he does will make any fucking sense, but hey, WOLVERINE!!
>>
>>70149010
Thank god you're not in charge
>>
>>70149015
Because character development > fight
>>
>>70140708
Although, being a huge fucking nerd, it was nice to see accurately done magnetic flux lines.
>>
>>70137545
This

I didnt even realise it was set in the 80s until about 20 minutes in
>>
>>70146500
And his Weapon X getup was spot on. Except for his tattered Hulk-Pants. Naked Logan would have been way better, with some mention of "wow, he's really nude."
>>
>>70149075
Why not? It would have been a great nod to RotJ.
>>
Wait, people actually liked this movie?

Is this ironic? Are all of you saying this only because you're being contrarians?
>>
>>70149010

Like pottery

Underrated post
>>
>>70149222
Because jean would see his glorious dick then wet herself and cyclops romance would not take place
>>
>>70149390
Not so sure even a 16 year old girl would be turned on by a hairy uncut Canadian weenie covered in bush and blood and guts, while she's running for her life.
>>
>>70149458
Why not, girls are whores when they hit 15
>>
>>70148817
It killed Toad.
>>
>>70149864
>>70149864
Not confirmed that hes dead or the lightning killed him
>>
>>70150070
He's straight up dead.
>>
>BvS wasn't good but didnt deserve all the hatred
>/tv/ shits on it
>Civil War was really good
>/tv/ shits on it
>Apocalypse is very mediocre
>/tv/ loves it

What the actual shit

There are so many problems with this movie. Apocalypse was not intimidating and completely fumbled, it all boiled down to "oh guess what? He can do this too! How threatening is this guy that will obviously be dead or defeated by the end of the movie!". The entire first hour of the movie is poor characterization of the heroes and Apocalypse gathering his Four Horsemen (which, by the way, had fuck all reason to join him for the most part) who proceed to do FUCKING NOTHING until the extremely underwhelming final fight scene that had potential to top the airport fight but they fucked it up. Fucking Psylocke is finally put in a movie and she's given no introduction and essentially does fuck all but look hot with her titties flopping around in the like three scenes shes in.

Magneto's story arc could've been better but they devoted way too little time to it due to the need to. All that menacing "destruction" that he causes at the climax and the nuclear disarmament thing are completely glanced over and used as nothing more than eye candy with cool shots. I had a bunch more complaints but I forgot them all.

Still. Quicksilver was great. Wolverine was great. Phoenix was cool. Forming the original X-men at the end was cool. Not as bad as X3. Probably on par with BvS. Nowhere close to Civil War.
>>
>terrible writing
>shit acting, as if none of them wanted to be there
>corny as fuck and predictability everywhere
>uninspiring and uncreative

Apocalypse has so many cool characters surrounding him, not to mention the various storylines. It felt like they created the most uninteresting shit they could have with this character
>>
>>70150153
Oh yeah. Sophie Turner's accent was laughable, There was one fucking fight scene, the climax (not counting the Wolverine scene). In a fucking modern capeshit movie. And the actual "battle" against Apocalypse was them just throwing shit at him basically.
>>
Anyone got a pic of old Apocalypse before his transposition into Isaacs? He looked genuinely creepy.
>>
>>70150122

He was supposed to return for X2 but scheduling and stuff got in the way. So, no.
>>
>DoFP ending with Mystique capturing Wolverine is ignored/abandoned
>Nightcrawler being Mystique's son is never mentioned or hinted at
>No one takes issue with Magneto killing, at minimum, several million people
>It's never explained exactly what Apocalypse intends to do with the earth after "cleansing" it

This movie is a mess, but still entertaining and fun in a way that grimdark BvS isn't.
>>
>>70134076
>alot
opinion discarded
>>
>>70149272
Too obvious and forced. But yes it's the best reference that can be done to RoTJ, excluding midget wookies.
>>
it was weak as fuck 5/10
>>
Sitting in the theatre at the moment. It was awful.

Loved DoFP, X2 and FC. This was garbage. Felt like no one wanted to make this one. Everyone participated felt obligated to make it, none of the heart or magic of the previous films is present.

Only good scenes were QS saving everyone and Wolverine reveal

Save your money lads
>>
Quicksilver really should have revealed the father-son connection to Magneto and had that dramatic moment, since Fassbender's contract is up and he might not appear again. Missed opportunity.
>>
>>70151058

Singer saving this for an emotional beat in a future installment that he actually gives a shit about.
>>
>>70151306
...an emotional beat that can't happen if Fassbender doesn't return, though.

Fassbender is a real high-profile, Oscar-worthy actor now and given this movie's poor reception there might not be much incentive for him to sign another contract.
>>
someone gimmie a sweet dreams youtubelink
>>
File: tht bait.gif (858 KB, 255x106) Image search: [Google]
tht bait.gif
858 KB, 255x106
>>70150153

>nowhere close to Civil War.

Just don't
>>
>>70151604
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GdlUkOnIBo
WHO AM I TO DISAGREE?
>>
>>70134076
It was decent. Definitely better than what critics are giving it. Once again the Quicksilver scene was the best part of the movie though.
>>
The final battle was a stupid mess, Sophie turner is a terrible actress other than that the movie was decent.
>>
>>70152128
My shit was decent but its still a shit
>>
>>70134076
Just got back from it. My favorite Xmen movie now. It actually blew DoFP out of the water.
>>
File: 1394465362046.jpg (83 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1394465362046.jpg
83 KB, 500x375
>I hope Jean [spoilers]channels the Phoenix[/spoiler]
>she does
>I hope the post-credits is Magneto on Asteroid M
>it wasn't
>>
Even with a weak villain, still better than "Zemo"
>>
>>70152556
Zemo is the only compelling, believable villain out of this year's four capekino films.
>>
>>70140227

why do people act like it's just the hair that makes her disgusting?

it's literally just all fucking disgusting
>>
>>70152556
>>70152679
Zemo actually succeeded.
>>
What's up with Fassbender's corny forest grieving scene?

Almost laughed
>>
>>70152556
Zemo was cool because he actually won.
>>
>>70153064
Yes, and on top of that his goal/motivation doesn't involve global destruction or domination, and he never directly fights anyone.
>>
>>70153122
Kill yourself heartless fuck
>>
>>70152128
her character actually felt pretty underutilized for most of the film
>>
>>70153122
His acting was fantastic though.
>>
File: 1463799150066.jpg (675 KB, 1983x2644) Image search: [Google]
1463799150066.jpg
675 KB, 1983x2644
>>70153122
>>
>>70138458
Looks fine to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6pIkOM7hKo
>>
>>70134076
Few things bothered me, but overall it was the best capekino this year
>>
File: 151026-news-supergirl-2.jpg (87 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
151026-news-supergirl-2.jpg
87 KB, 900x600
>>70140677

>the flash brings kara vanilla ice cream instead of chocolate
>jimmy's face when the not-so-subtle symbolism
>>
File: colorings.png (992 KB, 849x874) Image search: [Google]
colorings.png
992 KB, 849x874
>>70148817
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj_BjUZiNKs
>>
>>70134801
Oh just shove it with your cultural appropriation of "capekino" from BvS or other DC films.

Nothing Fox or Disney have ever brought out is "kino" worthy. Not even that anti-American, pro UN, one world government propaganda piece Civil War.

Nothing is kino!
>>
>>70153194
why do babies look so old if they're so new?
>>
It's a good movie but Mystique / JLaw ruins it

All that shit about her being everyone's hero was really over done. It was like the writers wanted to kiss her ass so she would appear in the film.
>>
>>70134076
horrible movie. Nothing happened, magneto had the same arc as usual and did the same things he usually does. apocalypse was terrrrrribad.
>>
>>70153366
>Nothing happened

They assembled all the important X-Men.
>>
A lot of lost potential. But that's to be expected, given this franchise's history.

At least they aren't giving Cyclops the dick this time around.

Also getting really fuckin tired of JLaw Mystique, she's so forced that it's just awful. Really bad. It was bad enough that she was the lynchpin in the last movie (plot made no fuckin sense, it clearly should've been Rogue's abilities that allowed the Sentinels to absorb powers), but it's just disgusting at this point.
>>
>>70135228
Would've been better without JLaw and Turner, yeah.

Half of Turners scenes all I could think of was wtf was wrong with her neck rolls and that joke about being blue was fucking stupid.
>>
>>70141841
She was the FoX-Men version of Anya Eisenhardt. The sacrificial lamb that never lived to reach her teens.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Anya_Eisenhardt_%28Earth-616%29
>>
>>70153298
>Nothing is kino

You were correct until there, BvS is Kino
>>
File: Alexandra_Shipp_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg (520 KB, 1603x1779) Image search: [Google]
Alexandra_Shipp_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg
520 KB, 1603x1779
im in love with Alexandra Shipp
>>
>>70138521
>"All is revealed"

Is he coming back?
>>
>>70150272
>"battle" against Apocalypse was them just throwing shit at him basically.
QS tried to go hand to hand and got wrecked
>>
It was a 5/10 movie, reasons have been mentioned several times for over a week. Can't believe people find it genuinely better than Civil War.
>>
>>70140615
>argumentum ad hominem
>appeal to authority

Wew lad
>>
Like others have said, the cast really brought it down. Moments like the nukes going into space make you wonder if Bryan Singer was limited creatively.
>>
>>70134076
The plot made fuck-all sense, Apocalypse is legit NEVER explained or given motivation, Magneto helps genocide 7 million people in Cairo then helps repaint the X mansion with a smile, Sophie Turner looked like she was about to pass out in boredom, J Law seemed like a massive cunt.

But it was better than BvS
>>
File: DSC09757.jpg (240 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
DSC09757.jpg
240 KB, 1200x1600
>>70134076
>Wasted Psylock
>Wasted Beast
>Wasted Cyclops
>Wasted Jubilee

LOL JENIFER LAURENCE

Fuck you OP.
>>
>>70154214
no, it's alluding to the Dark Phoenix story I think.
>>
>>70154619
she barely had a role in this movie. I doubt you've even seen it.
>>
>>70134076
I wouldn't know, I got to the part where the redheaded skag looked into the camera and said the 3rd is always the worst. Got up and stormed out of that tripe.
>>
Can we all please talk about how Cairo was fucking raped and nobody spends at least a single fucking MINUTE to explain "wow, this is like...really fucking shitty of Magneto, let's not invite him to the mansion after this...that was Hitler level bad".

NOBODY MENTIONS the entire city's population being crushed to build some boring ass mega pyramid.
>>
>>70154666
I didn't know satan was autistic and bad with money.
>>
>>70143966
Not the same Jean, cuz timelines. :^)

Both extremely fuckable though.
>>
File: Hot Pupper.jpg (144 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Hot Pupper.jpg
144 KB, 1024x768
>>70154664
I have seen it, and nobody had a roll in the movie. Frankly no character had a significant roll in the movie. There's a scene here and there where a specific character...does stuff....but beyond that there is nothing.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>70151468
He probably already has bro. You are implying that Oscar worthy actors don't do sub par shit, ever. Not even for the LULZ. Tell that to Damon and Affleck, Affleck has an Oscar, smokes weed with Kevin Smith and works on his labors of love
>>
>>70154689
>implying it wasn't fixed by Magneto and Jean
>>
>>70137933
pretty happy to see dude that was in 'scout's guide to zombie apocalypse' as cyclops
he was pretty good
>>
>>70151468
Actors don't care about Mixed reviews, as long as it's not embarrassing Batman & Robin levels of shit.
>>
>>70150153
This movie was MILES better than BvS.
>>
>>70136759
Well than you're a simpleton aren't you boy?
>>
>>70149342
For real. This movie was so fucking bad. way worse than the last 2. 3/10
>>
>>70149342
Yes, it's actually very enjoyable.
>>
>>70152556
Zemo was great. He was a sympathetic villain. His life was destroyed by Joss Whedon's writing.
>>
>>70155134
If you're a fucking retard. I expected more out of /tv/ desu
>>
>>70155161

It was pretty solid compared to the snoozefest Civil War was and the overreacting "symbolism" of BvS.
>>
>>70155134
How? The majority of the movie is completely boring. Apocalypse was a shit villain and a step down after Days of Future Past's character driven plot.

Magneto's entire sub-plot was laughable.
>>
>>70145955
Àaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahahaaaaa

Àaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahahaaaaa hahahaaaaaa. Oh man. That's a good one buddy.
>>
File: 1433723086681.png (354 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1433723086681.png
354 KB, 512x384
>>70155161
>I expected more out of /tv/
New as fuck. You should probably just make your way back to cuckit.
>>
>>70152449
14 year old Faggot. Go blow your dad to climax you fucking idiot piece of shit.
>>
>>70155332
Nigger
>>
>>70154813
what?
>>
>>70155423
They fixed the mansion. Why wouldn't they get cracking on fixing the city?
>>
>>70154813
How do you fix 7 million people being absofuckinglutely obliterated into dust retard?
>>
>>70155453
>sandniggers
Nothing of value was lost I don't know what you're complaining about
>>
>>70155452
Because everyone was fucking dead.
>>
>>70155487
bait racism aside, Egypt is one of the most recognizable and long lasting cities on the goddamn earth, it has one of the wonders of the world from one of the greatest civilizations ever to come out of Africa....

Nobody talks about it being obliterated in three minutes. This is immersion?

How much belief do you expect me to suspend? My whole fucking brain? Is the only way to enjoy this, to become fully autistic?
>>
It's really impressive in retrospect how Wolverine got completely taken out of the final battle in Days of Future Past, that showed restrain, and probably took awhile to get the execs to agree to that.

If Singer still had his balls he would've had Mystique get her neck snapped by Apocalypse, which would've served as a real emotional catalyst for everyone to band together to stop him in the final fight.

Instead she just gets choked a bit and he dies from friendship.
>>
File: head turn.gif (1 MB, 276x260) Image search: [Google]
head turn.gif
1 MB, 276x260
>>70155545
>Egypt
>city
>>
>>70155603
Cairo faggot, I meant Cairo obviously. Get caught up in a typo though.
>>
>>70155545
Who the fuck cares what somebody says during the destruction of the country? Everybody knows it's happening, and all-powerful god mutant is behind it. All anybody in the audience cares about is the action, and how the hell the villain is going to be bested.
>>
>>70154689

I actually prefer the movie to focus on the action rather than "THINK OF THE 65215 MILLLION" shit. Marvel movies since the Avengers and even BvS have done that theme to death.
>>
>>70155619
retard
>>
>>70155620
I'm saying that there is no consequence for literally anything that happens...it's beyond retarded to not even have consequence for something that cartoonishly wide scale.
>>
>>70155621
It's not about shoving a message in the audience, it's about characters doing retarded out of character shit and then other characters ignoring it because Singer thinks his audience is already beyond autistic to care at this point.

I'm just saying, I liked it, but that ending was cringe.
>>
>>70155161
>>70155254
It's called differing opinons my man, this isn't a circlejerk of just one opinion like Reddit,
>>
>>70155652
>there is no consequence for literally anything that happens
Except, you know, the 7mil you mentioned.
Also no more nukes.
No more pyramids (boo fuckin hoo).
>>
>>70155687
Explain how It's enjoyable then, peabrain
>>
>>70155687
Yeah but only a redittor could enjoy this bad of a movie.
>>
>>70155746
>opinions
>>
>>70155732
>7 million people live in Cairo
>Are ALL fucking dead
>nobody literally does a single fucking thing after
>nobody mentions it
>nothing of actual consequence happens
>big bad mutant dead...that's a resolution?
>invite modern day magnetic Hitler to repaint your roof

I'm told not to complain about this because "audience only care about muh action?"

How about we call the ending for what it was? Retarded. It's not like we are debating aesthetics here, we are talking about the fact that the storytelling itself was fucked up at the last ten minutes of the movie...it's not just about "shutting your brain off", that's easy to do with capeshit 100 percent of the time. It's about how even by the movie's own standards, the ending was autistic as all shit.
>>
>>70155797
Are you incapable of articulating yourself
>>
>>70155732
no more pyramds
>wonders of the world built by a 3000 year old civilization.

I'm going to guess what country and what part of it you are from.
>>
>>70155870
You probably think immortality is a blessing, too, don't you?
>>
>>70155901
what?
>>
>>70155915
Way over your head foolish mortal
>>
>>70155938
great discussion. Good points.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.