[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think about It's Such a Beautiful Day?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: itssuchabeautifulday.jpg (169 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
itssuchabeautifulday.jpg
169 KB, 1000x750
What does /tv/ think about It's Such a Beautiful Day?
>>
Essential: My-taste-only-extends-as-far-as-my-netflix-library-core
>>
My spoon is too big
>>
>Implying I'm interested in depression-core
I'd rather watch howard the duck tbqh
>>
>>70133129
Since most people here are depressed in one way or another and feel like life is passing them by I'd venture that a majority of this board probably likes it and finds it relatable
>>
>>70133209
Dumb ghettoposter
>>
File: everythingwillbe_b.jpg (18 KB, 420x240) Image search: [Google]
everythingwillbe_b.jpg
18 KB, 420x240
>>70133129
the whole trilogy is a masterpiece tbqh
>>
>>70133224
>I watch sad soul shattering movies because life isn't hard enough
I don't get you fags.
>>
>>70133129
I preferred Rejected.

Angry Ticks Fire Out of My Nipples is pure kino
>>
>>70133161
fucking
kek
>>
>>70133277
It's called artistic expression. You don't have to like it.
>>
File: the meaning of life.png (709 KB, 1204x850) Image search: [Google]
the meaning of life.png
709 KB, 1204x850
Best Hertzfeld short pic related
>>
I thought it was boring and nonsensical a lot of the time. I liked it at first, but I was honestly waiting for it to be over after the first half hour.
>>
>>70133402
Yeah but isn't the point of this movie in being bleak and hopeless?
Why letting such an artistic search affect you? If you can go to the moon, why go there? I'm genuinely trying to understand the reasons behind actively seeking this stuff.
>>
>>70133498

1. The movie isn't entirely bleak and hopeless
2. Artistic mastery is always a pleasure to encounter despite the tone of the work
3. look up the term "catharsis"
>>
>>70133498

It's more of a cautionary tale than anything else. You can't just let your position in the world control you. You can't decide to live at the end of your life. You're not going to become Dr Manhattan and exist forever, learn everything, and have the universe die around you.

Live your life, make amends, and try to be in a head space where you're not afraid of death.
>>
I found the voiceover unbearably annoying

World of Tomorrow was a masterpiece though, should have won the Oscar.
>>
>>70133161
K E K
E E
K E K
>>
>>70133687
>>70133720
I understand now, I actually thought it went nowhere and nobody learned nothing at the end, glad to know I was wrong, I need to watch it.
Thanks for the sincere replies, it seems like this has a similar mindset to Scott Walker's music, which I love.
>>
>>70133161
Damn its true though
>>
>>70133432
But the movie is only an hour long anon
>>
I'm not one to throw this phrase around willy nilly but it's rebbitcore. Terrible fanbase.
>>
File: SEnWCrI.gif (405 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
SEnWCrI.gif
405 KB, 480x360
>>70133900

It's true because everyone on /tv/ has had this thing recommended to them. Gee, I wonder why.
>>
>>70133843
Consider watching something before calling people fags for liking it.
>>
>>70133161
no
>>
>>70134000
Never. I am far too insecure for that.
>>
>>70133498
i think it's comforting because it makes feel like you're not alone. sad art makes you feel like, no matter how sad and down and depressed and isolated of the world you feel, still, in your worse, you're not alone.
>>
>>70133947
>Mmmm. Elephant fresh.
>>
>>70133163
MY ANUS IS BLEEDING
>>
>>70133843
I didn't like you until you said you like Scott Walker. He's fucking incredible
>>
>>70133366
>>70133809
>Using 'kek' in 2016
You have to go back
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.