[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why companies likes to milk-off franchies so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: unnamed-1200x675.jpg (180 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-1200x675.jpg
180 KB, 1200x675
i mean people like some character which isnt main character in some movie/tv. They immediatly think , it would be wise move to make a movie about them.

It never works. People like those character in doses.

Nobody wanted a cleveland show , he was good character but nobody wants a show dedicated to him.

Pic related is good character but nobody wants a entire tv series to him.

I could write 10 example without even thinking.
They do this all time and it never works.

People like shrek movie , lets just make movie about cat. cause he was in shrek.

Here are some bullshit examples comes to my mind
>lets make quicksilver movie cause he is fun lol lmao
>lets make jon snow show lol cause everyone likes him
>lets make a punisher show even does he is just villain and doesnt have arcs to make show. cause he was cool in daredevil
>lets make remove our 2 characters from AoS to make them their show. lol it failed never mind

list could go forever.

it just never works , why it is so hard to understand a simple fact. These characters works cause they are in good product in limited doses.

Nobody watched breaking bad for this fuck head .
I would react same if they made Jessie show after Season 5 .
>>
Why is it so fucking hard to learn how to formulate questions in English?
>>
>>70132910
Truly horrendous sentence structure. It's like the entire post was made by an eight year old.
>>
Better Call Saul is more entertaining and better written than Breaking Bad.

Though I would agree it's rare for a spinoff to be more successful.
>>
And i can name 10 that did work
>>
It worked with Frasier.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 600x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 600x356
>>70132910
>DUDE 20 MINUTE SCENES OF ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
>DUDE CUE TO THE TITLE SEQUENCE THAT INCEST FLIX NOW USES
>DUDE WOMAN PHONING PEOPLE FOR 15 MINUTE SCENE
>DUDE MIKES BALD GRUMPY HEAD

I tried liking this show but season 2 absolutely took the piss.
>>
Why couldn't we just get "wacky case of the week" adventures of BB timeline Saul? Where he has to bail out some guys in trouble like his first episode of BB? We could liiteraly have entire 1 & second season of BCS composed into 2 episodes.
>>
Suck a dick, OP, Better Call Saul is great, you troglodyte.
>>
>>70132990
more like a shitty european who didnt give fuck to correct those
>>
>>70132910
>>70133044
Get a load of this plebs. BCS is gorgeous show, where Vince doesn't have to pander to plebs anymore with unneccesary action sequences and just do what he wants.
>>
>>70133125
and it will be cancelled next week ;')
>>
>>70133125
Who said I wanted action sequences?

It got way too pretentious early season 2 the scenes were way too stupid and long. I agree it's a nice looking show, but fucking hell.
>>
>muh niece
>muh integrity
>>
>>70132910
It's like watching star wars with that chinese english dubbing all over again
>>
File: 1460679069458.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1460679069458.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>All these plebs hating on BCS
>>
BCS is great but it's really slow-paced and more about a story development on what made Saul Goodman the way he is in BB.

If you're looking for a series packed with action, I suggest you go watch something else.
>>
>>70133620
cause thats exactly OP was talking about , action.
>>
>>70133620
fuck off samefag
>>
Well shucks son, I think the an$wer is money...

>>70132910
>he was a good character
was he? I had a solid wtf moment when I heard he'd be getting his own show, wtf.

>Nobody watched breaking bad for this fuck head .
I did, he was the only likeable character in breaking bad, an overrated shit show with a cast of easy-to-hates, and then they shat on this character with a boring prequel show, instead of an entertaining the-early-years that could have been.

Punisher has his own comic and has had like 3 movies you fucking moron... He's not "a villain."

Jon Snow is a key character of GOT in case you missed it...

I lol'd hard at SHIELD losing two entertaining characters to a failed pilot

Is there a Quicksilver movie in the works?
>>
It was just an easy way to make a lot of people happy. They probably staff the same crew, get to hire familiar actors and the fans of BB get a similar style show.
>>
>>70132910
>Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad.
>Cleveland show
>quicksilver movie? who? what?
>jon snow show?
>Punisher actually can have many arcs, helps expand the universe and has a better fanbase in general
>AoS

Your problem is you have shit taste and are likely suffering from severe overheating to the brain, reducing your mental capacity.

Developing characters with their own work is fine and is generally recommended. Minor characters in loads of things have been great and are often better than the lead. A lead character is someone you are forced to relate with, but a side character is allowed to be whatever the fuck it wants.

Take Mercutio for example, it is often suggested that he was killed off so early into the play because Shakespeare feared that he would become too loved and no one would find interest in any of the other characters. Though Romeo & Juliet is probably not the best example for today's audiences because during it's original production the "tragedy" of it was actually seen as melodramatic, with stupid love struck children being idiots.
>>
>>70133153
It got renewed for a third season in March...
>>
>let's make a show about nothing

no i'm not talking about seinfeld
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.