[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does Hodor mean in your language?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Hodor_infobox.jpg (74 KB, 507x688) Image search: [Google]
Hodor_infobox.jpg
74 KB, 507x688
What does Hodor mean in your language?
>>
In italian it similar to "odore", which means "smell" or "scent"
>>
>>70130567
Interestingly enough it means

>reddit
>>
In english it similar to "odor", which means "smell" or "scent"
>>
File: 1455513850114.png (138 KB, 700x674) Image search: [Google]
1455513850114.png
138 KB, 700x674
>yfw you realise hold the door is not in the books
>>
File: Vaste_hordeur.jpg (22 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
Vaste_hordeur.jpg
22 KB, 360x480
Was talkign with coworkers of mine how it would be great to have a badly dubbed parody in dutch. Cause hordor could be pronounced as hordeur which is a thin fenced door. This was before the entire door thing even happened though. Pic related it is what we call a hordeur.
>>
>>70130567
>hold the door!
>tartsd az ajtót!
but fan translator used
>holtodig óvd! (guard it until you die!)
>>
>>70130567
HE JUST WANTS SOME BACON
>>
>>70130567
in my language it means GET ME SOME BUTTER, MONKEYBITCH
>>
>>70130812
It was Martin's idea. It'll be in the next book.
>>
In german it's "Halt das Tor" (Hold the Gate). It kinda works going from this to "Hodor"
>>
>>70130567

Smell
>>
>>70130567
It's what he says when he gets an erection.
>>
sorton
>>
>>70130841
>fan translator
I can't imagine how bad an official translation would be
>Winterfell=Deres
HHHHHNNNNNNNNGGGG
>>
>>70130901
lol so randum XD
>>
my country isnt pleb enough to dub over movies.

we watch with subtitles
>>
Držata

woah its retarded who knew
>>
>>70130832
that makes you really think
>>
>>70132104
>podrž dveře
but what fits is
>honem doprdele
although this means hurry the fuck up
>>
"Hodros" in Greek means fat. Makes sense.
>>
It's a word of warning people exclaim that tells you not to converse with them because they have an unhealthy obsession with a TV show.
>>
>>70131240
>“We had this meeting with George Martin where we were trying to get as much information as possible out of him,” said Benioff, “and probably the most shocking revelation he had for us was when he told us the origin of Hodor, or how that name came about. I just remember Dan and I looking at each other when he said that and just being like, ‘Holy s--t.’

>'No more Hodoring': Hodor's most memorable Game of Thrones moments
Weiss continued: “It was just one of the saddest, and most affecting things. Even sitting in a hotel room having someone tell you this was going to happen in the abstract in some way and that "hold the door" was the origin of the name Hodor… we just thought that was a really, really heart-breaking idea.”
jfc this is stupid
>>
>Dun on Doras!
>Dun Doras!
>DunDoras
>Dunas
>Hodor

Good thing they don't translate the show into Irish
>>
In France they changed the dialogue to him getting his favorite hors d'oeuvre for holding the door
>>
>>70133535

good thing no-one speaks Irish
>>
>>70130567
In spanish it kind of sounds like "joder", which means "fuck".
kek.
>>
>>70130567
I cant write it cause asian-moot is racist against norwegians and refuse to let us use our letters on this site
>>
File: ayyyyrya.png (104 KB, 350x251) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyrya.png
104 KB, 350x251
>>70135121
>fuck fuck
>FUUUUUUUUUCK fuck fuck
and especially sobbing
>fuuuuhuhuhuhuck
this is some good trivia
>>
>>
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.