[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There will never be a comedy about Bruce Campbell as Ronald
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: fargo_reagan.jpg (262 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
fargo_reagan.jpg
262 KB, 620x412
>There will never be a comedy about Bruce Campbell as Ronald Reagan wandering around the country and thinking that everything he did in his movies he did for real

Why live
>>
boomers and neocons would chimp-the-fuck-out over a movie/series like that.
>>
>>70130537
They already did.
>>
>>70130537

I don't get the adoration of Reagan. Is it because there's literally nobody else on the right who's worth admiring? Idol by default?
>>
>>70130715
Beat the Soviets senpai
>>
>>70130771
>happens to be in office when soviet union collapses
>gets credit
fify
>>
>>70130004
But didn't Bruce Campbell already basically do this except as a retired Elvis impersonator?
>>
>>70130715
Today's Republican political stances are based off Reagan's.
After Watergate, and with Ford and Carter being fairly awful presidents, both parties were incredibly weak and in need of a reform. As a result a hotshot governor from California took the nomination in 1980, despite much opposition from within the GOP. He favored increased spending on Military, increased activity in foreign affairs and believed the economy could be fixed by aiding large businesses. These seem like typical Republican stances by today's standards, but at the time that wasn't the case. For example, Nixon and Eisenhower were both elected as "peace" candidates, as a result of the opposing party being involved in an unpopular war on foreign soil. Democrats used to be called "war hawks" for their supposed desire to engage in war. You add in Pro-Life and Pro-gun and that's pretty much the tenets of contemporary conservatism.
He had a fairly high approval rating during his run (generally >50%, as high as 70 at one point) and the party adopted his positions as a result. The democrats adopted anti-Reagan positions as a reaction, and over the last 30 years the two parties have drifted further and further away from the political "center."

tl;dr It's important to remember that the parties have changed a lot in their long history and Reagan's presidency was one of those moments
>>
File: bedtime for bonzo.jpg (293 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
bedtime for bonzo.jpg
293 KB, 960x1440
>>70130537
>chimp-the-fuck-out
But Reagan was literally in a movie with a chimp.
>>
>>70130715
He was basically a meme, and didn't know where he was all the time.
>>
>>70132758
Die lib commie faggot
>>
>>70132796
No.
>>
>>70132591

This is clearly monkino.
>>
>>70132591
Woah, Reagan did a movie with a rapper? It's like a buddy cop movie?
>>
>>70130836
Well, he did say "TUR DUN DIS WRAL" and a while later, they did.
>>
>>70135595
the absolute mad men
>>
>>70130715

>I don't get the adoration of Reagan

Don't worry you will. You just have to wait until junior year. That's when they get into contemporary American History.
>>
>>70130715

He was a closeted fag so naturally the rest of the closeted fags want to call him daddy.
>>
>>70135960
This.
>>
>EDGY TEENZ ON /TV/ WANT EDGY COMEDIES THAT HUMILIATE PEOPLE WITH DISEASES

Kewl dood, mom is going to pick us up in 15 minutes to go to Gamestop!
>>
>>70130004
Doesn't Bruce Campbell do this in real life? When I met him he kept talking about that time he went back in time to kill deadites.
>>
>>70135960

>it's a "leftist uses gay people to further their own agenda and then denigrates them at will" episode
>>
>>70130004
While we're here, what did /tv/ think of Ash vs. Evil Dead?
>>
>>70136032
But its okay when Trump humiliates people with diseases :^)
>>
>>70136734

I really enjoyed it, it's two weakest episodes are at PAblo's uncle's house, but holy shit episodes 8 9 and 10 really went full blast. I know most people were a bit cold on the conclusion but we already established over the course of the show Ash ain't a bright cookie, plus they had to set up for S2.

Also the black chick was way better as a deadite than she was alive. that puppet show
>>
>>70136928
I had about the same reaction. I kept facepalming at Ash for believing that bitch's BS story, but it was totally in character. Looking forward to seeing Jacksonville filled with Deadites next season.
>>
>>70130715
He literally acted the world out of the First Cold War.

>>70136182
Can we start this meme?
>>
>>70137827
What do you mean start it?

One time, I went to a fan meet and greet he had. He was nice and whatever, but he kept joking about how good he had gotten at signing his name with his left hand. I'm pretty sure he actually is left handed, but the whole time he kept his right hand completely rigid. I guess he was joking but it was super weird.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.