[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could /tv/ recommend me any Eastern European kino?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: You can't buy my heart and soul.png (341 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
You can't buy my heart and soul.png
341 KB, 720x400
Could /tv/ recommend me any Eastern European kino?
>>
Leviathan
Fireman's Ball
Larks on a String
Sexmission
Lemonade Joe and/or The Horse Opera
Closely Watched Trains
>>
green elephant
>>
Tangerines
>>
Blind Chance
>>
>>70128399
Come and See
>>
>>70128399
man that was one depressing film

no film has left me feeling down like that one before, did not know she was 14
>>
>>70128503
>Closely Watched Trains
Was he autistic?
>>
>>70128399
>that montage of scenes where we see her get raped by various men and its all in first person view through her eyes
>>
>>70128399
that music when she is in the car being driven around by her pimp and she silently cries to herself was fucked up
>>
>>70128399
is russia as fucked up as that film ?

i did not get the ending. was it all a dream or did she get sent back in time ?
>>
>>70128806
It probably was in the 90s, when everyone was hunting for scraps after the botched privatization program, I don't think it's nearly as bad now.
>>
Son of Saul has just won an Oscar
People usually like Kontroll
Taxidermia is quite unsettling
White God is generic 2d5u, but the doges are cute
>>
File: Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-16.jpg (26 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-16.jpg
26 KB, 402x402
>>70128744
>when she cries for her mom after being beaten by the pimp
>>
File: little_otik_JM00968_L.jpg (68 KB, 550x806) Image search: [Google]
little_otik_JM00968_L.jpg
68 KB, 550x806
Little Otik
>>
anymore depressing films like the one OP posted ?
>>
ukrainian Tribe
>>
>>70128399
just watch some Tarr flicks
>>
Ida, Nóż w wodzie, Nic śmiesznego, Dekalog, Amator, off top of my head.
>>
>>70129009
Ziemia Obiecana, Wesele (Wojciech Smarzowski), Popiol i diament, Wszyscy jestesmy Chrystusami
>>
Not sure why, but films that expose the grittiness of some Eastern European countries while also adding a veneer of 90s-pop over them (like OP's image and stuff like the Pusher trilogy) I find really comfy to watch. They're sad and brutal, but also nostalgic for strangely enough the same reasons.
>>
File: 02.jpg (142 KB, 789x600) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
142 KB, 789x600
>tfw you will never rescue lilya and raise her like your own daughter
>>
>>70129132
Dom zły, (Cześć, Tereska), Gadajace Glowy, Szczurolap, Bogowie
>>
Check those out, http://www.filmweb.pl/rankings/film/poland#
>>
>>70129134
>nostalgic

fuck this
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.