[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was way better than expected. Thought it would be some shitty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7
File: sicario-google-poster4-oct2-f.jpg (88 KB, 630x357) Image search: [Google]
sicario-google-poster4-oct2-f.jpg
88 KB, 630x357
This was way better than expected. Thought it would be some shitty action movie. Any similiar films?
>>
>>70125625
No, just watch Sicario a second time. Its probably better than whatever else you can find that tangiably simillar.
>>
>>70125625
operators ?
City Hunter anime
Burn Notice
Person of Interest
>>
The sequel should not be made. Sicario was an opened and closed book. How do you bring these characters back for another film?
>>
>>70125893
It could end up being GOAT if they focused on one character instead of hey let's bring the old guys back for a new adventure in the Sicario world!
>>
Now watch Cartel Land
>>
Tropa de Elite

or something like that

>leave operatorkino to me
>>
>>70125893
Agree. But this applies to almost all movies that get sequels.
>>
>>70125625
The Heat
Zero Dark Thirty
Incendies
Collateral
No Country for Old Men
Cartel Land

Every movie is similar in certain elements, depends on what did you like the most in Sicario.
>>
Sicario was shite

How can people unironically enjoy American propaganda movies? If you liked this go watch American Sniper
>>
>>70126919
>The Heat
>>
>>70126982
>Villeneuve
>american propaganda

Pick one. You just can't compare Eastwood and Villeneuve as directors.
>>
>>70127199
I wasn't talking about the director but the movie
>>
>>70127226
Yes and I say the people who were in charge of those movies are miles apart in their views and that it's absurd to compare them.
I see almost no correlation between those two movies, so please point out where is the american propaganda in Sicario
>>
>>70126641

First one is great, sequel less so.
Too much talking, not enough operating.
>>
>>70127226
Not him but how is that movie propaganda in any way? If anything it exposes the US being involved with a lot of bad shit and working directly with the cartels.
>>
>>70127373
>>70127368
We are the USA, we can do anything because we don't give a fuck about the rest of the world

We are the world police, judges and executors
>>
>>70127443
And we also let the CIA operate within borderlimit, torture people and have cartel members working with us to help establish a new cartel because we think that's a better system? All of which will greatly fuck over civilians as shown in the last scene?
>>
>>70127443
that is no argument

then every movie with America in it is american propaganda
>>
>>70125822
The Guest
Bourne series
John Wick
Flashpoint 2007
Strike Back
Ultimate Force
>>
>>70127526
Yes, pretty much

I named American Sniper because both are about American army invading a foreign territory, it was the first that came to my mind
>>
File: 1456583250253.jpg (1022 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1456583250253.jpg
1022 KB, 2048x1536
Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in the south. I was trained in counter-narcotics. I was given the title of Reserve Deputy. They take a movie “Sicario.” They have a 5-foot-7-inch little girl, whether she was British or American, I don’t know. I don’t care. She had never been to south. She doesn’t speak in southern accent. She has never held an M1911. They make her the Sicario. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.
>>
sequel was confirmed right?
>>
>>70125893
I wonder how the hell sequels were made to Sam Mendes' film Jarhead.

I'm not kidding, look it up
>>
>>70127369
Sequel feels better if you had the bad luck of being born in brasil
t.monkey
>>
The hurt locker
>>
>>70127443
the fuck you on about
>>
>>70129368
steven should have been alejandro
>>
This "Sicario is amazing" meme needs to die.

The script was utter dogshit. It looked great, the actors were admirable, solidly edited, atmospheric score. But the writing... you could tell the writer has amateur at best knowledge on the subject. It was all very hokey and sensationalist, with dialogue that wouldn't be out of place on a Law and Order episode (This is the land of wolves). And then there were the contrivances. That Jon Bernthal scene was such a mess from a writing standpoint. The motherfucker happens to have that specific wrist band linked to the drug money in a previous scene? Fuck off. And all the characters other than the three mains were just wastes. I give this movie a 6/10 based on the atmosphere, performances, and other little things, but this won't win any awards and rightly so.
>>
>figure its gonna be a "stronk woman operatin with all the silly boys" movie
>mfw emily blunt gets rekt several times, nearly raped (and saved by based brad pitt), and is actually just brought on cause of a political reason, not because shes a stronk woman

Based movie.
>>
>>70130788
Can't believe the sjws didn't went ape on the movie
>>
>>70130682
I thought Sicario was a pretty good movie for all the reasons you listed. They can't all be zingers but enough of the movie was quality to make it a good movie. All around better than a lot of shit that gets released.
>>
File: 7777.jpg (3 KB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
7777.jpg
3 KB, 256x144
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>70130682
kys puto
>>
>>70130682
>The motherfucker happens to have that specific wrist band linked to the drug money in a previous scene?
They set that up
>>
>>70131228
No they didn't. It was contrived and stupid.
>>
>>70131340
someone didn't pay attention
>>
>>70126982
>American propaganda
So you didn't watch the movie?
>>
>>70131180
>Doctor Pablo, Soy Medellin.
>>
>>70131340
>clearly Blunt was used as bait to lure out cops on the cartel payroll to cut them out and put further pressure on Diaz to be called back to Alarcon
>it was contrived and stupid

maybe this movie isn't your speed, try and stick with your favorite "le capekino" next time
>>
>>70131399

kek
>>
>>70125625
>>70125689
Zero Dark 30 is better than Sicario.
>>
I haven't seen it but is Elite Squad operator?
>>
>>70131598
First one is
Second not so much, but its gr8 in other ways
>>
>>70131652
>its gr8 in other ways

I love when the crooked cop militia takes over running the slums. Takes over running everything in the slums. From drugs and gambling to fucking electricity and water and cable tv. And then the political machine turns on the militia boss at the end. Great stuff.
>>
>>70132660
and in the end, the comedic character ended up being the system's new enforcer
>>
>>70126982
Low quality bait my man.
>>
>>70127065
I assume he meant Heat with Pacino and de Niro
>>
File: 1461040549576.jpg (71 KB, 821x775) Image search: [Google]
1461040549576.jpg
71 KB, 821x775
>>70131180

Was getting yourself killed at the border part of your plan?
>>
>>70132928
That's even more retarded. Who would call Heat "The Heat"?

Also, Heat is nothing like Sicairo.
>>
That movie with Russel Crowe and Meg Ryan has a goat operator rescue scene desu
>>
File: sicario.jpg (148 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
sicario.jpg
148 KB, 670x377
>>70131551
Quieres morir?
>>
>>70133090

sleepless in seatlle?
>>
it's not a great movie but Tears of the Sun has great operatorkino scenes with Bruce Willis operatan
>>
>>70133269
no, when harry met sally
>>
>>70131529
but why did he have the wristband with him there, in that bar, at that moment? He might as well have had a picture of Emily Blunt with a target around her face.
>>
>>70125893
Coming in 2017: SICA®IOS (working title)
starring Benicio Del Toro, Antonio Banderas, Danny Trejo, John Leguizamo, and Michelle Rodriguez.
>>
>>70125625
It was disappointing, a few good scenes. A horribly disappointing climax, he just strolled into the house and won. Blunt was just annoying. TV sold this to me like it would be a John Wick/Equalizer flick, yet I barely saw Del Toro doing his stuff. What the actual fuck.
>>
>>70125625
Films where the trailer doesn't give the movie justice?

Snowpiercer.
>>
>>70134036
He had it on a keychain. He had it with him at all places at all times.
>>
>>70127443
>He missed the part where those characters are negatively portrayed.

Embarrassing.
>>
>>70125689
I agree. Sicario is Sicario. There aren't any other movies that are similar and good. It's like Black Hawk Down. Yeah there are movies like it but none are quite what you want.

>>70131551
The SEAL raid was the only part of ZDS that was as good as Sicario. Especially when they whisper Osama's name to lure him out. In the book No Easy Day they did that to his son and it the poor guy was so confused that he revealed himself - only to get shot.
>>
>>70134152
>The movie wasn't about what I thought it was about
>That's the movie's fault.
>Strolled into the house and won!

Jesus christ I can't believe people like this are on /tv/. I didn't even like Sicario as much as I thought I would, but it certainly wasn't for any of these retarded reasons.
>>
>>70135126
he shoots the guards outside and has no resistance inside, and this is the climax of the movie, sorry if that triggered me not sorry. It's not like there was much else going on in the movie besides the convoy scene, which wasn't that special either.
>>
>>70127512

To be fair, more civilians got fucked over by trying to do the right thing. The movie makes it clear that it's very difficult to stop the violence in Mexico when the American people continue to buy drugs. If the Mexican government fights the cartels, the American market will still be there, the cartels will fight to the death to win, and a lot more innocent civilians die. However if you back one group, there's more stability and order. That was the end goal.
>>
File: wiskeywiskey.jpg (137 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
wiskeywiskey.jpg
137 KB, 300x450
>>70134152
>A horribly disappointing climax, he just strolled into the house and won

Do some reading and you'll learn that these kind of events happen that way in the real world. It's quick, dirty, and brutal.

When things get loud, nobody ever "rises to the occasion" and does something extraordinary... they default to the level of training they've become the most efficient at, and do no better than that, outside of having luck.

So if you want a 3-way mexican standoff kino with circular panning cameras and witty comeback dialog where nobody's ever afraid for their fucking life, there's a redbox in your neighborhood full of them.
>>
>>70131598
one of the best. fucking incredible, but like the other anon said, the first one is true god tier, the second is still good but nowhere near as powerful.
>>
>>70133030
Heat is essential operator core. The movie is basically celebrated at /k/.
>>
>>70135248

the guy is pretty operator, he isn't going to make things difficult for himself. probably had plenty of intel on the compound and what to expect as resistance.
>>
>>70125893
It would be great if it's only del toro's character
>>
>>70126982
>American propaganda

Huh? It shows the CIA for what it is. If anything all the normies were saying how shocked they were
>>
>>70134152
>A horribly disappointing climax
so you just want a horribly generic ending where everyone gets what they want? nigger, that ending was fucking excellent
>>
>>70135302
>>70135386
Fair enough, but I don't fault myself for expecting a huge crimeboss to have some more security, and to witness the swift disabling of said security.
>>
>>70135248
It's your fault that you expect explosions and fast paced action in every movie that involves guns.
>>
>>70135524
mob bosses dont have an entire fucking army in their house like they do in the movies.
>>
>>70135359
So operater is just a guy who shoots people realistically or what? Wouldn't there have to be an operation?

If that's your criteria then yeah Heat is pretty god despite the fact that its riddled with bullshit drama. Also Collateral I guess.

Also The Way of the Gun which also has Del Toro.
>>
>>70135669
"Inside the United States Special Operations community, an operator is a Delta Force member who has completed selection and has graduated OTC (Operators Training Course). Operator was first used by Delta Force to distinguish between operational and non-operational personnel assigned to the unit."

So the word operator spread as a slang word for the best of the best heavily trained people in using firearms in a tactical way or shit like that. For example the last 30 minutes in Zero Dark Thirty could be called as operator core.
>>
>>70135287
If there's going to be discord in a country the people of that country need to choose that not the shady parts of a foreign country. There's nothing moral about what's happening and there's no guarantee anything will go according to the ill-defined plan. What's happening is not moral not even in the long run it's just the easy way out for certain government agencies with complete disregard to the safety of Mexican civilians. The war in Iraq proves how this kind of thing is a terrible idea.

And while the cartels kill people it's still not going to create as much of an onslaught as what they were trying to do in this movie. At least that's the point of that cop character I think.
>>
>>70134783
but why? to remind himself that he's a dirty cop?
>>
>>70126982
Was not propaganda.
>>
>>70131180
He meant, I have my dick in your face, who's the bitch now.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.