[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tv/. I watched this last night, and it's by far the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
Hey /tv/. I watched this last night, and it's by far the best horror/thriller I've seen for years. I read reviews online and ordinary people say it's boring and bland, has no jump scares, or anything really that horrific.

I agree with the critics, it's a masterpiece. I was wondering - as I'm new to this genre, and also share the same disdain towards trashy horrors - if there's any films similar in theme, storytelling, film direction?
>>
>>70122177
It's fairly unique in many ways. Some people will say The Babadook but I whole heartedly disagree, it comes nowhere close to The Witch. M Night's The Village isn't as good but it is similar enough in setting and theme a little bit that I'd recommend it. It's pretty polarizing but many people like it. The Wicker Man (the original) might be a good follow up as well. I'd also rec Rosemary's Baby and The Shining.
>>
I forgot, Sleepy Hollow is quite good as well.
>>
>>70122177
Lol
>>
>>70122177
It was very good. I'm trying to think what is the latest horror movie that was as good as this. The Others? Blair Witch Project?
>>
If you like slow paced horror/thriller/mystery without jump scares then you should check out Cure (1997).

Fantastic film in that category.
>>
Can someone post the PIC of Anya Taylor joy with her dick showing under her leggins and drinking cum from a glass? ThX
>>
>>70122177
sauna was pretty similar to this
and it's also pretty good
>>
hour of da wolf
>>
>>70122177
Suspiria.
Under The Skin.
Alien.
Possession.
also give House a shot. Not the same thing but god damn it's hard to hate.
>>
>>70122177
>and also share the same disdain towards trashy horrors
Jesus Christ I can smell your neckbeard.
Oh, shit, should I not have said Jesus Christ? Are we going to get in a debate about atheism?
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 640x360
Trying to get ~30 more responses before I look for trends. Participation appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1t9cxzrjAE8uTTYCpko_BugNhGeGv9OWlDLZJN3TF2IA/viewform#responses
>>
>>70122177
Bait.
>>
>>70122177
It was ok, I wouldn't call it a masterpiece though, far from it desu
>>
>>70125215
I get what you mean, but there's an observable line with Horror films. Ones where typical horror fans will pay ticket price to see it twice, and the other where it gets insane ratings and the general community think it's a bore.

>>70125831
The ending fucked me up afterwards, and I still think about it a lot.
>>
It was really tense in some moments and especially the last 20 minutes. Still creeps me out to be quite honest.

Nothing really compares setting wise but It Fellows was as intense in moments
>>
>>70125775
How so?
>>
Birth
>>
Is the Conjuring any good? Has 7.5 on imdb.
>>
>>70128170
Tempted to watch it, as there's a second coming out (or already out)
>>
File: 2f0rObg.webm (827 KB, 396x426) Image search: [Google]
2f0rObg.webm
827 KB, 396x426
Overhyped garbage.
>>
the invitation is quite good
>>
It made me want to live deliciously
>>
>>70122177
This just in: redditor thinks reddit: the movie is great.
>>
>>70122177

the Witch feels much like Rosemary's Baby so give that a go
>>
>I will never live near a forest full of horny naked witches

why even live
>>
pleb here, I enjoyed the movie but struggled with a lot of the dialog, so I have a few questions.

what did the family do that got them banished?

what did Tomasin see when she was playing peek-a-boo with the baby?

what happened to the twins? Tomasin didnt even go looking for them
>>
>>70129583
>what did the family do that got them banished?
Dad literally went I'M MUCH HOLIER THAN THOU ART and they kicked him out

>what did Tomasin see when she was playing peek-a-boo with the baby?
Nothing, cuz the baby was gone

>what happened to the twins? Tomasin didnt even go looking for them
Same thing as the baby
>>
File: Goya_-_Caprichos_(68).jpg (168 KB, 669x984) Image search: [Google]
Goya_-_Caprichos_(68).jpg
168 KB, 669x984
>>70129894
>>70129583
>Same thing as the baby

In a lot of Witchcraft, people say that they got their flying abilities by boiling the fat of babies and applying to their skin etc.
>>
Kill List

similar creepy and ominous as all fuck atmosphere throughout.
>>
>>70129894
>>70130055

awesome, thanks anons
>>
>>70125215
I'm gonna pretend you're simply trying really hard to troll
>>
>>70128170
>>70128422
not nearly as good as this.
it's a nice flick, though.
>>
>>70124493
second
>>
>>70123907
that's the two that comes to mind for me
>>
File: 1463931272344.gif (2 MB, 383x204) Image search: [Google]
1463931272344.gif
2 MB, 383x204
>thomasin will never sit on your face
>>
File: anya t.jpg (40 KB, 597x509) Image search: [Google]
anya t.jpg
40 KB, 597x509
this delicious creature deserves to make it
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.