[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck isn't /tv/ talking about this? 20 daily capeshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
Why the fuck isn't /tv/ talking about this? 20 daily capeshit threads or wow or le meme thread but not about an actual good new series?

Great first episode imo. And this coming from someone who liked the comic. Dominic is great as jesse. Cassidy is ok cast. Tulip is the fucking worst though. Literally muh strong black women who don't need no man (she actually says this). Taking down choppers nd shit. Really overboard but whatever, she wasn't that prominent in the pilot.

Anyone else other than me seen it? Thoughts? Shame it's 2 weeks between every ep though
>>
>>70120241
>Why the fuck isn't /tv/ talking about this?
probably because it was atrocious.
willing to give it another chance with ep.2, won't be a third though
>>
I watched it the night it aired, is it really only playing every two weeks? If so that's fucking ridiculous it'll take 6 months to play through the 10 episode season.
>>
>>70120268
>only giving shows 2 episodes to establish themselves as great
I bet you hated the wire, yet love the walking dead based on the first couple episodes. Most people say you're supposed to give a show only 3 episodes but you really are plebeian if you're interested in something but give up before the first season ends. Once the first season ends, if you don't like it, fuck it you only watched 8-15 episodes it's not like you have to spend months watching it.
>>
>>70120241
The fact that you liked the comic may have blinded you to the very low quality of the pilot. Tulip was the worst indeed but at least her storyline was slightly original if not completely retarded. The rest was generic.
Reminder: People who don't know the source material make or kill a show.
>>
No one cares about the misadventures of a random spic priest with his rainbow brigade. That's why no one is talking about it. It's well directed and shit, but there's nothing to talk about so far unless you're a picturebook autist crying about Muh Differences. Give it time. I can't imagine it not getting a respectable audience if the quality stays up. It's got the humor that makes Breaking Bad Grand Theft Auto plebs go wild.
>>
>>70120277
It's actually 2 weeks between one and two and then the regular schedule of every week.
Thank god
>>
>>70120417
Oh ok, that's not that big of a deal. I can live with that.
>>
>>70120338
Well, my gf also liked it. I dunno, it was dark and refreshing. The plane scene was great. It's not trying to be super edgy and i kinda like that.

I dunno, really had a good feeling after the pilot
>>
>>70120460
If you're a fan of the comic you should know that it is the pinnacle of being edgy just for the sake of edginess. Not that it's bad, I liked it, but that really is what it is. The first episode might not have started down that road yet, but it will in the next season or two.
>>
>>70120241

>Seth Rogen

No thx.
>>
First episode was shit. Failed to nail the tone of the comic and Dominic Cooper was a shit Jesse Custer.
>>
>>70120513
True, it does get edgy but in a good way.
I just hope they don't fuck up The Saint of killers. He's supposed to appear in the next ep
>>
I didn't read the comic and I thought it was good enough. Better than the usual drivel at least. Hopefully it has more of those darker moments than funny ones. Like when the kid was asking him to do something to his abusive dad. It was unsettling and I loved it.
>>
>>70120599
Already? Goddamn this is gonna get edgy quicker than I thought, like you said it's in a good way though.
>>
>>70120460
Plane scene was great. Intro was great.
But in between you have this generic ass story of a mysterious bad ass priest with a dark and secret past.
Let's take the bar fight scene. what happens literally 100% of the time when a protagonist is faced with aggressive jerks looking for a fight in a bar? Exactly what we had to watch for the billionth time (surprise he's an ex assassin / marine / super hero / professional fighter etc). It's the fucking pilot, you should at least try to establish your own tone and an identity.
>>
>>70120603
If they follow the line of the comic (they have already changed a big deal in the first ep) then you'll get a lot of dark moments, trust me.
Darkest is probably his flashback how he grew up
>>
>>70120689
Yeah but he appeared pretty darn fast in the comics too. At that time they didn't even fully know the story yet, so we have a certain mistake in the comic: Saint shooting cassidy and cassidy surviving
>>
>>70120241
2 weeks between every ep.

Is that legit i thought it was only between the Pilot and ep 2
>>
>>70120241
The fuck is this stupid gay procedural shit? I want to watch FUN movies.
I don't watch anything with a budget under $50 million that isn't Meet the Spartans or Brutal Massacre
>>
>>70122138
No you idiot. It's a one time thing. Lots of shows have weird scheduling their premieres. BCS showed episode 1 one night then episode 2 the next.
>>
>>70122182

Are you in the right thread?
>>
>>70120762
Holy shit! I was thinking about that the other day. I can't find a decent explanation.
>>
>>70120762
>>70123258

I had always written that off as Cassidy being undead and not a true living being but yeah that is weird.
>>
>>70120241
just talk about what you wanna talk instead of obligatory whining post about cape threads

preacher was fucking awesome, glad to see the misfits dude in another role and killing it, never read the comic and I have no idea what the fuck's going on, but looking forward to ep2
>>
Here in Austria only the trailer is up on amazon so far, and yu can't even change to the original audio from the shitty German dub. Might give it a shot when the first ep airs and is watchable in English..
>>
>>70124492

don't they have torrents in Kangaroo Jack City?
>>
>>70120241
>Tulip is the fucking worst though. Literally muh strong black women who don't need no man (she actually says this).

I disagree and I'm not even a fan of this racebending shit. She was pretty cool, and actually more interesting than she is in the comics, where she is just basically a bitch and only there to have Jesse somebody he cares about
>>
>>70124945
>American reading conprehension
>>
>>70126645

Not from America but I guess I did fuck up, still what's the problem?

FFS you can't win a world war, now you can't download something off the internet?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.