[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is a MASSIVE split of opinions about Warcraft going on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: Warcraft Poster.jpg (231 KB, 1137x853) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft Poster.jpg
231 KB, 1137x853
There is a MASSIVE split of opinions about Warcraft going on right now. Current RT/Meta only shows a very small perspective of the big picture. Apart from those, here's what I've gathered:

>According to European coverage, it has been generally well received by European critics after it's release in several European markets this week
>According to social media and user reviews/ratings, it was very well received by most fans
>According to social media and user ratings/reviews, it has been split among non-fans

Some of the main pros I've heard:
>Visuals are amazing
>Battles are great
>Music was great
>Cinematography was good
>Orc acting was good
>It works fantastic as a spectacle

Some of the main cons I've heard:
>Felt a little rushed
>Insufficient time for character development
>Editing wasn't very good in some places
>Dialogue could have been better
>Human acting was a mixed bag

What an extended cut may be able to fix:
>An extra 10~15 min. at the start of the movie to properly set up the characters and story to not make it feel so rushed and sometimes confusing and allow people to get better invested in the characters
>Better editing in certain places

I think this might end up being the most polarizing movie of the year. And it might go through a The Kingdom/Fight Club thing where either a different cut saves it or it grows on people over time when they understand it better.
>>
I saw it yesterday and you pretty much summed it up.

A lot of people are yelling about bad CGI and Visuals, but they just haven't seen the movie and want to spread negative opinions.

I meet a lot of them here on /tv/

One part I didn't like is the fight with the Golem

So far all the negative comments on this board are from people who haven't seen the movie.
>>
>>70119985

>massive split of opinions

I wouldn't call the opinions "shit" and "complete shit" a massive split
>>
>>70120095
I've seen it. It's not that bad, pretty mediocre to me, but most people in my country, who watched it, absolutely loved it.
>>
>>70120095
Thank you. You added a lot to the conversion. You are a massive asset to the /tv/ community.
>>
I was pleasantly surprised by violence

I thought it's going to be child friendly orc flick.

Gul'dan was pretty amazeballs [/spoilers]
>>
Its shit dude, stop shilling so hard
>>
>>70120183
Orcs had green blood. I dont think they are supposed to have green blood.
>>
>>70119985
Do you expect the rating to go up to 50% once embargo lifts and more critics get to see it?
>>
>>70119985
>Cinematography was good, visuals are amazing
only if the trailers showed the only 2 mins of worst examples. All human scenes are the most laughable material I've ever seen in a movie
>that griffon flight
>that cathedral speech
>that throne room
>that Medivh's library
>that human armor
>>
>>70119985
>22%

Stop shilling this piece of shit already.
Just rewatch LOTR directors cut.
>>
>>70120267
>The opinions of people who have seen vs the opinion of one dude basing himself of trailers
Trailers can be misleading, especially when seen out of context, we know this. Stop pretending we don't.

I've seen even people who were very harsh on the movie and giving it 3/10 still say that the one redeeming thing were the visuals looked insane in some places.
>>
>video game film? into to the trash it goes
>DUDE ORCS, LMAO
>not enough quips
>>
>>70120343
>>DUDE ORCS, LMAO
Ironic cause they're one of the best parts of the movie.
>>
>>70120322
>Trailers can be misleading
I bet you can't wait for the Ghostbusters masterpiece.
>>
Kermode liked it. I mean he had problems with it but he said he was emotionally engaged and enjoyed himself. I do feel like he is being soft on it cause he likes DJ however.
>>
>>70120365
>Silly hippies
>best part
>>
File: 1372876862406.jpg (38 KB, 299x259) Image search: [Google]
1372876862406.jpg
38 KB, 299x259
NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR FAGGOT TOMATOES SCORE
ONLY IMDB
>>
>>70120365
they help if you've accepted that the movie is meant to feel like a cartoon. otherwise they just make everything else harder to buy into.
>>
>>70120375
Kermode was like the only person who liked Transcendence cause he gets Pfisted on a regular basis.
>>
>>70120373
What a compelling argument, that anon must be re-evaluating his position.
>>
I thought it was really terrific as a fantasy flick

Most reviewers who rated it negatively that I've seen just basically say

>I didn't understand what was going on, and I wasn't laughing, so it must've been really bad on all levels.
>>
Shut looks like it's going to be a live action Rankin and Bass cartoon. I fucking love flight of the dragons and last unicorn so I bet this shit will be my jam.
>>
>>70119985
>all the fucking CGI

It's wildly excessive, they fucking CGI DWARVES, what the fuck
>>
>>70120504
Honestly from the trailers the dwarves looked glorious, so did the orcs because of motion capture and CGI but yet the humans and elves are live-action and look like awful wooden cosplayers.

Quite frankly, this wouldn't look nearly as bad if they did it entirely CGI.
>>
>>70120451
2 of the critics who gave Warcraft a rotten score gave Dragonball: Evolution a fresh score. One of them gave it a 4/5.
>>
Those orcs alone made the movie. It's amazing.
>>
>>70120561
>the dwarves from trailers looked glorious
are you insane? they aren't supposed to look like monsters in comparison to humans

literally no reason other than lazyness not to make them like Lotr/Hobbit did
>>
>>70120484
Soo... basically BvS?
>>
File: 12561236327.png (164 KB, 749x352) Image search: [Google]
12561236327.png
164 KB, 749x352
It's down to 22% now

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>70120688
Basically, yes.
>>
>>70120203
Someone confirm this?
>>
>>70120675
>they aren't supposed to look like monsters in comparison to humans
They aren't supposed to look like short, fat humans either.
>literally no reason other than lazyness not to make them like Lotr/Hobbit did
Granted
>>
>>70120721
Confirmed. And it allowed them to get away with a lot more stuff on a PG-13 rating. Smart move imo.
>>
>>70120280
>fans are actually starting to ask for a director's cut due to this movie being only 123 minutes and too short for all the lore

KEK so basically it is the second BvS? I doubt Duncan will have the guts as Snyder did with deciding to make a 3 hour version. At least BvS is still going to sell massively in Blu Ray sales as most even those who didn't like the movie much will wanna see all the extra violence and scenes cut out whereas with Warcraft - no one gives a shit about it apart from the 5 million who still play WoW and a few extra hundred who like bad low budget fantasies.
>>
>>70120751
>They changed the orc blood to green due to the movie being PG 13
Fucking Hell. FUCK YOU DUNCAN!!

He better release an Uncut version with the blood being red otherwise I am not watching this movie
>>
>>70119985
I like the director but holy shit am I sick of seeing every new disappointing movie get the exact same critic of "it's a good spectacle but it needs better editing & extendes scenes which will be fixed with MUH director's cut"
>>
>>70120203
>>70120721
>>70120751
Maybe I'm retarded, but wasnt that due to the fel-magic influencing them?
>>
>>70119985
Saw the movie yesterday and I agree completely with this. To be honest I found it to be a decent movie and a good fantasy film.
>>
>>70120229
That's what I thought would happen with BvS... but it didn't ;_;
>>
>>70120675
>1 dwarf in LotR.
>Dwarves (+ Bilbo) at center of Hobbit story, Warcraft dwarves are not.
>LotR behind the scenes revealed dwarves were the hardest race to do technically because of lots of makeup/costume problems and scale problems.
Not comparable. And Warcraft dwarves aren't really LotR dwarves either. They looked fine in CGI for the role they had here.
>>
too much content, not enough time

should've planned it out to 2 movies
>>
>>70119985
You're trying to pull another BvS again i see. Ignoring the RT/Meta score...
Get over it, it sucks...
>>
File: Demo.gif (1 KB, 46x38) Image search: [Google]
Demo.gif
1 KB, 46x38
>>70120746
>>70120675
What the fuck are you people talking about? Dwarves have always been short, stocky humans since the moment they were introduced in Warcraft 2. It's kindof "what dwarves are" as a fantasy trope
>>
>>70120267
That fight in the desert actually looked good.

No idea what part in movie it is and don't know the character's cos I am not a Warcraft fan
>>
>>70120780
>Bad
You haven't seen it yet. Or are you that much of a faggot that you base your opinion of a movie on the rotten tomato score?
>Low budget
No
>>
>>70119985
Why does anyone think for even a split second that WoW fanboy opinions matter? The games are absolute drivel.
>>
File: DDS.jpg (126 KB, 560x440) Image search: [Google]
DDS.jpg
126 KB, 560x440
>>70120897
>>
>>70120780
>Broke yearly sales record in both China and Russia, opened at n1 in all 11 European markets it opened in this week.
Stop it anon.
>>
>>70120888
One reviewer stated that the movie is too short that they never explain the background story about the female orc like why is she there with the humans or something?

is this true
>>
>>70120800
I hope this is a troll. Because if not you've just embodied the type of unreasonable lore fanatic everyone laughs at on this board.
>>
Visualsand cgi was great. They didnt go for realism and make it like warcarft movies. I hope they will do more movies
>>
>>70120803
We don't. Plus it's a legit critique for some movies so stop whining.
>>
File: al.png (2 KB, 157x92) Image search: [Google]
al.png
2 KB, 157x92
>>70119985
>it has been generally well received by European critics
lol no, pic related it's french critics
>>
>>70120874
Its okay anon. People will come around eventually
>>
>>70119985
This is the movie of the year that its cool to hate because:

1: It's cool to hate video game movies
2: It's cool to hate fantasy movies
3: It's cool to hate Blizzard's stuff
4: It's cool to hate movies with extensive use of CGI
>>
>>70120891
>13 RT reviews for Warcraft
>333 RT reviews for BvS
Chill.
>>
File: 2135623.png (874 KB, 597x847) Image search: [Google]
2135623.png
874 KB, 597x847
>>70120909
>Return of the king Budget
94 Million
>Warcraft budget
160 Million

WTF what went wrong then? Why do all the human scenes in Warcraft look so fake behind blue screens?

Just look at pic related. It is Star Wars prequel tier - meaning that they used real sets but the way it is lighted, how plastic the costumes and walls look - it gives off a blue screen animated feel.

Which is why that critic who saw it said this movie reminded him of Iphone App games.
>>
It's a bad movie. For real.
Get over it Nerds.

They tried and it did not work...
>>
>>70121011
>the french
why do they put their review scores on top of their flag? so obnoxious
>>
Eurofag here, I saw it on Thursday. I've played loved WC2, WC3 and WoW in the past and I know the lore.

Visuals are quite good. The Orcs look amazing and the spells also quite nice. The movie maintains that "cartoony, kinda oversized" look of many of the weapons and armor, and I don't think it translates well into a film. The humans look goofy in their oversized armor and everything is so shiny.

Acting was passable to bad. Surprisingly, the worst performance was by Fimmel, but I have to put it down to a shit script and poor direction.

Major issue is that the movie is very rushed. The pacing is relentless and is has to be to fit everything they want to show into a 2 hour movie. There are a number of jarring scene changes simply because they don't have the time to show anything in between the plot points. It's also hard to give a shit about any of the characters when everthing proceeds so fast, even if they try to ham it up with sad music.
>>
>>70120934
Just because Warcraft is making money doesn't make it a good movie at all.

Same goes with BvS. The whole reason it made money was because we never saw Batman fight Superman on the big screen ever. Same goes with Warcraft: we have never seen this game made into a movie so of course people will flock to the cinemas (although less people will go see Warcraft because it has a very minor fanbase compared to Batman and Superman super hero fans).

You have to remember as well: Warcraft has zero famous actors. BvS had Ben Affleck, Jeremy Irons, Fishburne - so these famous actors help with making a box office hit (still feel sorry for Hemsworth in that fantasy movie though).
>>
>>70121057
Exactly. Also, it's cool to hate shitty movies for some reason.
>>
>>70121110
>Acting was passable to bad
Give me an example of why the acting is bad? Don't just say it sucks. WHAT made it bad? Were they not able to covney good emotion? Did they fake cry? What made it exactly bad?
>>
>>70120947
One thing that bothered me is that the draenei conflict on draenor isn't explained. As someone who doesn't know warcraft you will ask:
-Why are there blue dudes imprisoned?
-Why can brown and green orcs coexist?
-How did they get this fel magic?
>>
>>70120203
>>70120751
>>70120800

Green orcs had FEL dripping from them, other orcs and humans showed red blood on screen. What are you talking about.
>>
>>70120934
>>Broke yearly sales record in Russia
Only 7th place m8.
1. Iron man 3
2. Minions
3. Star Wars 7
4. Deadpool
5. John Carter
6. Furious Seven
7. WarCraft <--

http://www.kinometro.ru/kassovye-sbory/show/name/sbori-chetverga-warcraft-alice-26052016
>>
>>70121077
It's like that to keep the game aesthetics
>>
>Old enemies unite to fight a common foe that endangers their shared homeland.

>They team up with an exotic hot chick that also just happens to be a kick ass warrior

There isn't a single original idea in this piece of shit and the movie looks like fucking garbage.
>>
>>70121205
fel orc blood is still red
>>
Comic nerds still defending BvS shitfest...
Warcraft nerds trying to defend this shitfest...

It's objectively one of the worst movies i've seen in the last few years.
Don't act like ALL those bad reviews and low scores are not true.
I understand how it is when you are a fan of the source material but...you need to except that it's a shit movie.
>>
>>70121226
Azeroth isn't the homeland of the dindorcs
>>
>>70121077
>LotR made as part of a trilogy that was one big production where the actual budget was 3x that and they were able to use a lot of the premade assets for all 3 movies to cut the cost
>Warcraft has loads of CGI necessary to remain faithful to the game including an entire race of orcs
>>
>>70121223
>game aesthetics
>aesthetics
>implying

the only reason why the warcraftgamess look like this is because of hw limitations back then
>>
>>70121189

I said that most of it was passable, and by that I mean that I wasn't struck by "huh that was a well acted scene". I'm not a movie major or movie buff, I just didn't feel it.
>>
>>70121222
>yearly
>Iron Man 3
>Minions
>John Carter
>Furious Seven
I didn't know these movies came out this year.
>>
File: 2121211236236237.png (50 KB, 885x391) Image search: [Google]
2121211236236237.png
50 KB, 885x391
>>70121196
Exactly what this fan said. This movie is only for the fans and not non fans who will have a hard time understanding.

BRAVO DUNCAN

This is exactly what my film teacher said to me:
>"Make other people watch your cut of the movie who have never seen its contents or know anything about it. If you keep showing it to people who know the story; they will judge it based on what they know about it, but a new audience who does not know the story will be able to give you feedback on things if they make sense or not."

Looks like Duncan never screened this movie to non fans and gotten their feedback to help make the movie make sense.
>>
>this one guy who's trying so fucking hard to create a BvS connection
you're trying too hard. if the reviews keep it on this level, it will happen automatically. If it changes, it's never going to happen. stahp
>>
>>70121275
Deadpool did, faggot.
>>
Why do Warcraft fans lie so much?
Stuff like "Europe loved it", "Broke sales records in Russia"...
>>
>>70121260
>Fans actually defending the bad CGI and practical sets due to Duncan making sure the movie looks like the animated game

This is another type of bait. No fans of BvS ever invented such a bizarre pathetic assumption.
>>
>>70121276
>my film teacher
Opinion discarded
>>
>>70121154
Did I say any of that? No. Don't change the argument. I was replying to the snarky "nobody gives a shit about it" when obviously people do.
>>
>>70121302
>Why do Warcraft fans lie so much?
Videogames fans, even worse than DC cucks.
Get ready for petition to remove some reviews from RT and metacritic.
>>
>>70121292
I didn't mention Deadpool, now did I?
>>
>>70121302
They want to defend their movie. Their movie is their life.

Think of it as a mother who loves her defected baby with diseases. Will she tell herself that her baby is not normal like everyone else? Of course not; she will keep telling herself that her baby has special talented gifts.
>>
>>70121338
And how it broke any sales record if it didn't even first this year?
>>
>>70121302
>the truth is lies

what a time to be alive. I guess it's a lie that plenty of shit movies in recent years have made loads of money too.
>>
>>70121316
>my film teacher who has worked editing films since the 70s in England and then moved to other countries
Yeah okay discard his opinion.

If you read what I said: I said that Duncan did not screen the movie to non fans where if he did; they could have gave him feedback on his cut, telling him if their was plotholes, if all the characters made sense with their backstory which as we can see with the critics it did not because Duncan was too busy making a movie only for diehard fans who knew all the lore already.
>>
>>70119985
>22% tomatometer
>4.4 average rating

god I fucking hate this place so much. why are you shits so contrarian, so tryhard "hurrr I disagree with critics and the general consensus"

there is no "massive" split on this movie. it is so one sided to the shit side that it is fucking hilarious you think otherwise.
>>
>>70121318
>Did I say any of that?
fuck oops sorry I didn't read the stop it anon part because my eyes were so fixed on the green writing being amazed with the trollness of whoever wrote it breaking records.

I accidentally thought it was you cos I saw this troll statement and had to reply to the person who wrote this.

My bad anon
>>
>>70121403
The problem is that your "general consensus" is a shit site filled with retarded reviewers
>>
>>70121292
Oh wow, one movie beat it. NOBODY CARES ABOUT WARCRAFT GUYS. One movie, out of hundreds that came out this year including some big blockbusters. If thats not an indication theres a market for this movie you're a retard.
>>
>>70121403
>there is no "massive" split on this movie. it is so one sided to the shit side that it is fucking hilarious you think otherwise.
But that's not what most of people think. I think you need to look at the definition of word contrary before you post.
>>
>>70119985
>According to European coverage, it has been generally well received by European critics

not in france then
>>
>>70121315
CGI was the best part of the movie. You obviously haven't seen it, stop posting.
>>
>>70121448
>NOBODY CARES ABOUT WARCRAFT GUYS
This is so true.

Bury this LOTR rip off fantasy and get back to making actual video game movies that matter like Assassin's Creed which stars the Fassbender - I predict that will get a 49% - 55% on Rotten.
>>
File: 1632732487.png (1 MB, 1151x477) Image search: [Google]
1632732487.png
1 MB, 1151x477
>>70121473
>CGI was the best part of the movie
HAHAHAHA yeah right
>>
>>70121403
10 reviews is not general consensus. Fucking RT themselves say it on their friggin ratings until they have enough to come up with one. These get hundreds before any type of "consensus" is formed.
>>
>>70121535
>Desperate
>>
>>70121535
>trailer cgi
I was pretty suprised that this hated scene actually looked like decent cgi
>>
>>70121494
My bet is 70%

it looks like solid and fun action movie
>>
>>70121535
Looked fine in the movie theatre. But keep relying on old trailer footage with youtube compression anon. Lol
>>
>>70121535
>literally hundreds of cathedrals such as this in Europe available for shooting location
>hehe let's use CGI and green screen it'll look just like a video game lol
>>
File: 125213632623.png (455 KB, 579x608) Image search: [Google]
125213632623.png
455 KB, 579x608
>>70121542
>10 reviews is not general consensus
Yes it is. And btw it is 18 reviews. 4 liked it whilst 14 didn't.

At least they actually counted the reviews not like Far Cry movie where only 1 review was counted... what the actual fucking fuck?

Hey at least the Far Cry movie had a great first act practical car chase scene. What made it really bad was there being no tropical islands and they didn't use any monsters but instead brainwashed tough guys who acted as the game like creatures (well at least it made it look realistic as they didn't rely on CGI).
>>
>>70121494
And the shilling begins.
>>
>>70121602
>it looks like solid and fun action movie
That's my thoughts on the Doom movie and look where it stands on RT?

Sorry anon no way will AC get 70%
>>
>>70121429
yeah and someone like yourself is more credible right?

>>70121460
what are you looking at? audience scores on imdb? I LOVE how BvSfags claim audience score matters more now that BvS was confirmed shit.

anyway, your precious audience rating still has hundreds of thousands to come, and that 8.1 on imdb will only go lower.
>>
Honestly, looking at these reviews from alleged professionals, I have to ask if any of them are suitable to be called "reviewers".

If they can't understand a plot as simple as Wacraft's was, then they have to be pretty fucking dim. Also, they say it was bad because it was funny enough. It's an epic fantasy movie, why does it have to be an action comedy? The movie never set out to be one, so why do reviewers demand it be one because that's why they expect, and why do they add it to their criticism for not being as funny as they, for some arbitrary reason, expected it to be.
>>
>>70121624
Meanwhile Lucas goes and films scenes of Attack of the Clones at real places in Italy.

Why the fuck did Duncan have to make 90% of the movie in a studio?
>>
>>70121624
>b-but muh CGI boogeyman
>>
>>70121689
They have LotR too engraved in their minds. Go in with expectations instead of an open mind. Too stupid to understand WARcraft is fundamentally a WAR movie and it's going to be naturally darker in certain moments.
>>
>>70121689
>epic fantasy movie
kek
>>
File: groundhog-day.jpg (34 KB, 656x369) Image search: [Google]
groundhog-day.jpg
34 KB, 656x369
>>70121689
>Also, they say it was bad because it was funny enough. It's an epic fantasy movie, why does it have to be an action comedy? The movie never set out to be one, so why do reviewers demand it be one because that's why they expect, and why do they add it to their criticism for not being as funny as they, for some arbitrary reason, expected it to be.
I am having flashbacks to BvS fans. Why does history keep repeating itself?
>>
>>70121689
Look, when most of these reviewers gold standard for a good action movie is Avengers and the marvel movies, and they've been fed these for a decade. When a movie doesn't use the same formula as the marvel movies that is vaguely in the same genre, they go into this line of thinking "My expectations for this movie was for it to be like the Marvel movies, the movie turned out to be different, therefore it was bad". It's and incredible retarded way to think, especially for reviewers.

Then again, I haven't seen Warcraft, maybe it really is as shit as they say.
>>
>>70121748
Real places don't look like Warcraft and you can't fake it because they look a very specific way in the games and not up to interpretation like books. Also they did do several real sets for the film.
>>
File: Laugh-Meme-02.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
Laugh-Meme-02.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1440
>>70121689
>a low budget CGI blue screen movie is an epic fantasy movie
please stop anon
>>
>>70121671
I watched the movie in theathre. Audience loved it, so does people on various websites in my country. So if im to judge the quality of the movie by the reviews, like you did, im obliged to say it's good, and you are the contrarian here.
>>
>>70121792
Bro forget Avengers. Some of them gave Dragonball: Evolution a fresh rating. True story. Kek
>>
>>70119985
It was alright anon. I don't know a lot about Warcraft but I enjoyed it. What you said is pretty true. I really don't think it deserves the low scores. There is clearly stuff cut out and it suffers. The CGI is great but there's still some shitty moments.
>>
File: 125162136.png (992 KB, 1148x472) Image search: [Google]
125162136.png
992 KB, 1148x472
>>70121793
>Also they did do several real sets for the film.
Yea... sets that look animated
>>
>>70121689
LOL
>>
SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME
>>
>>70121825
>audience loved it

did they clap? kek
>>
>>70121914
holy fuck that looks so real I almost feel I can reach my hand in and get green paint on my fingers
>>
>>70121914
You post these pictures in every thread, hon desperate are you

>>70119985
I agree with you, it is indeed rushed. It lacks character development they should have showed more of Draenor to show the orcs motives to going through the dark portal
>>
>>70121977
>clapping in theatre
Nope. I think only usfags do that.
>>
>>70121689
Audiences generally want funny with their action.

Dramas can be serious and horror can be serious but the moment anyone throws a spell or starts wearing a cape they better also quip.

Remember /tv/ is purely contrarian. that is why people pretend quips are an objectively bad thing.
>>
>>70121914
It didn't look like that in the final cut though.
t. nerd who saw it yesterday
>>
>>Legendary-Universal’s fantasy actioner “Warcraft” has opened solidly with $9.3 million and first-place finishes in 11 international markets — two weeks ahead of its U.S. and China launches.
>>Germany opened No. 1 on Thursday with $2.2 million for the biggest opening day of the year with a 50% market share.
>>Russia generated a first-place launch with $2.8 million, which marks the second-biggest opening day of 2016 behind only “Deadpool.” It is the seventh-biggest opening day of all time in Russia and the fifth biggest non-holiday opening day ever.
>>France saw a first-place launch on Wednesday with $983,000. The two-day total has hit $1.5 million. Austria opened Thursday with $280,000 and a 48% market share.
>>“Warcraft” also opened No. 1 in Denmark, Egypt, Hungary, Indonesia, Lebanon, Switzerland, Thailand and the United Arab Emirates. The film, which carries a $160 million price tag, will also launch this weekend in Norway and Sweden.

>>70121364
>>70121302
I think he just misquoted.
>>
>>70120154
Thank you. You added a lot to the conversion. You are a massive asset to the /tv/ community.
>>
>>70122021
>the moment anyone throws a spell or starts wearing a cape they better also quip
2/10 bait made me reply
>>
>>70122057
Yes be a good little fa/tv/irgin. Remember memes are your commandments!
>>
File: 2363273478.png (997 KB, 1152x469) Image search: [Google]
2363273478.png
997 KB, 1152x469
>>70121994
>>
>Blizzshills trying this hard
>>
>>70121914
paula patton is so hot FUG
>>
I saw it last night and I don't understood the unfunny part, Lothar, Khadgar and Garona were quipping all the time. Medivh also threw some jokes around.
>>
>>70122085
>Trying so hard to create imaginary shills
>>
File: 12561236327.png (1 MB, 835x720) Image search: [Google]
12561236327.png
1 MB, 835x720
>>70122087
YA
>>
>>70122135

Draka is the superior orc goddess, get out half breed.
>>
>>70122077
>/tv/ is purely contrarian
>fa/tv/irgin
>Remember memes are your commandments!
I see you remember that better than I do
>>
>>70122101
was there more parts like at 0:38?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3DRKBtE1HY

didn't realize this movie had comedic parts
>>
>>70122153
He fucks around with Khadgar a lot.
>>
>>70122151
So do you think quips are a bad thing?

That is pure unadulted /tv/ autism. Nobody outside this shithole ever things of quips as a negative thing.
>>
>>70122153
Yeah, Lothar fights a huge Golem, which basically a long action comedy sequence.
>>
File: 12651236327.png (1 MB, 1148x472) Image search: [Google]
12651236327.png
1 MB, 1148x472
>>
>>70121748
>Italy
>Filename says Sevilla
>>
>>70122179
>>70122191
awesome now I am beginning to wanna see it
>>
>>70122187
Some are good, especially when they're subtle. A lot is bad and the ones at the peak of a scene are the worst
>>
>>70122192
I see they used the Fast and Furious technique for the guy on the left.
>>
File: 1464265881001.jpg (68 KB, 579x576) Image search: [Google]
1464265881001.jpg
68 KB, 579x576
>>70122153
It's so simple yet so charming.
Just like Ridley's 1979 Alien.

What a spectacular movie. 10/10
Epic.
>>
>>70122215
yeah, he fights it barefooted, which is used to comedic effect.

Medivh and Khadgar's relationship was portrayed as a comedic master/apprentice relationship, which some seriouesness thrown in.
>>
>>70122220
A lot are needed for superhero and videogame movies.
You need levity.
That is why BvS failed. That is why Warcraft is failing.
They take something serious that should never be taken serious.
>>
Has anyone here actually seen the movie? If yes, how was the music?
>>
>>70122280
It was decent but not nearly as good as WoW music imo
>>
>>70122280
The Orc or Horde theme was fantastic, rest was rather forgettable I'm afraid.
>>
>>70122280
>how was the music?
watch this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axu0crG-1vA
>>
>>70122279
Thats stereotyping. Should keep an open mind instead. Nolan didn't need quips every 2 minutes and his movies were darker. It all depends what kinda of story you want to tell and how you tell it.
>>
>>70122280
Comparable to Nino Rota's soundtrack for the Godfather, in terms of memorability.
Pretty good.
>>
>>70122280
Good.
>>
>>70122280
Opening drum theme gave me chills. The rest i dont remember.
>>
>>70122325
What's this shit meme that Nolan didnt use quips? He didnt use as many as Marvel but still
"My mother warned me about getting in cars with strange men"
"This isnt a car"
>>
>>70122325
The most successful one had the Joker and he did all the quipping. I think you are proving my point.
There is a reason the main villain of batman is a clown.
Batman is serious so the levity has to come from the villains. Lets be honest the villains are always the most interesting thing in batman.

Batman might be the exception that proves the rule since he is a little more serious and gothic but you can't also have a super serious superman.
You can't have serious warcraft.
>>
>>70122373
Didn't say he didn't at all. You repeated what I was trying to say.
>>
>>70122279
>You need to do it like Marvel!
Tbh I think a lot of critics are suffering from this too. And comparing it with GoT which is just strange.

It was a decent film and it's the best fantasy film since LotR. The first Hobbit might be better, but I'm not yet quite decided.
>>
>>70122383
Thats different though because quipping works with Joker as a character. It becomes more subtlety meshed into the story instead of in your face or feel forced. Thats why it worked so great.
>>
>>70122394
Its not like marvel dictated the modern taste.

They just found it. They found exactly what modern audiences want.
>>
>>70119985
The director dismissed Tolkien as "a white man in a trench". I hope this bombs.
>>
>>70122383
>You can't have serious warcraft.

Have you even played Warcraft?
>>
>>70122408
So
>the moment anyone throws a spell or starts wearing a cape they better also quip
Was what you took issue with.
Can you now admit you basically took a 180 here and now are on the same side?
>>
>>70122433
It was a frigging joke you fat nerd. He has huge respect for him. Get a sense of humor, you're making Tolkien fans look bad.
>>
>>70122433
He just said that he has a different perspective than an old man who fought in a war. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>70122440
Unless the videogames have no magic and green people then my point still stands.
>>
>>70122280
Except for a kinda stormwind theme, I missed a lot of wows music. The wod soundtrack would fit right into the orc scenes. It isn't bad, but I didn't feel the warcraft in it.
>>
>>70122433
He didnt dismiss him you faggot
>>
>>70122433
You need to re-read the statement, think about what he could mean and stop having a triggered mindset.
>>
>>70122461
They do, but it's still serious. LotR was pretty serious. I mean the worst part to me about the Hobbit movies (except being drawn out) was that it had too much of characters being silly
>>
>>70121344
Think of it more as a bunch of borderline retarded children defending their bloated, overbearing mother as she watches home shopping network and ignores them because they've never been let outside.
>>
ITT: people who've seen the movie, for some reason, defending against people who havent seen it
>>
File: 1464140738492.jpg (1 MB, 1544x3436) Image search: [Google]
1464140738492.jpg
1 MB, 1544x3436
>>70122109
>imaginary shills
>>
File: 1437334550769.jpg (60 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1437334550769.jpg
60 KB, 530x600
>>70122604
More like: ITT BvS damage control part 2.
>>
File: pQo7e8E.jpg (43 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
pQo7e8E.jpg
43 KB, 514x536
>>70122629
>>
>>70121689

The worst was reading The Guardian review where the neurotically obsessed reviewer just had to keep bringing everything back to race and xenophobia. Allegedly Durotan is the good-guy because he has lighter skin than the other orcs. It just really puts in perspective how reading a fucking 5 minute wiki article on the orcs in warcraft would have taught him about the demon blood episode, etc. If they can't give an unpolarized view of something as unpolarizing as a fucking video game movie, then how much more biased is everything else in that newspaper when it comes to current world events.
>>
Fucking hell this movie was actually pretty good.

>YOU CHEAT, GUL'DAN

He didn't deserve that brutal death
>>
>>70122633
Meh, BvS was truly shit. Dont know if it deserved all the hate though, but Warcraft is actually a decent movie.
>>
>>70119985
>According to social media and user reviews/ratings
That's according to fans. My and many other reviews boil down to "I went in with low expectations and it surpassed those" and vocal fans interprete that as a good rating and review. It just means it wasnt as bad that you would throw tomatoe at its and contemplate a whole week about how this shit set back the game movie adaption and CGI genre again for another year.

>Visuals are amazing
>CGI is awesome
This lie triggers me so hard. Its was bad. Just as bad as any other CGI crap. If you thought the screencaps are bad then wait to see it in motion. Its just one of the least worst CGI movies. It was winning the special olympics. "Good" visuals in a CGI means the shit barely endureable.

>Dialogue could have been better
The lines where cheesy and full of clichees trying to fit into the lore. Its wasn't even good. Its was B tier movie quality. Shit can always be better.

It just wasn't a movie you would watch again or put into your collection.
>>
I got a free ticket to go see this because I review movies in my town's local newspaper. Played Warcraft & 2 & 3 back in the day, and this lacks any of the charm. It's a collection of bad quips and bad acting the entire way through. It's really telling that you don't have a good movie when CGI expressions on monsters are more emotive than human beings. The effects were terrible, I'm not understanding any of the praise for them; maybe because people feel they HAVE to say something good about the film. The whole thing feels like the Battle of Pelenor field in RotK, over CGI'd and with stupid stunts like Legolas surfing on the oliphants. You're caught up in the moment, but going back you realize how bad the green screens look and how cheap it all feels. Warcraft is like that, but you're not distracted from it by anything, so you're just left awkwardly wondering why you're sitting there.
>>
>>70122629
It's funny how the shills backed off LotR so quickly.

>LotR killer guys! GET HYPE
>22% on RT later
>d-don't compare it to LotR guys, they're different
>>
>>70122687
>It just wasn't a movie you would watch again or put into your collection
I will watch it again, and I'm not a WC fag.

The movie reminded me a lot of shadow of mordor actually :D
>>
>>70119985
Why is the king on the red (evil) side?
>>
>>70122765
All of the characters on that poster are 'good'. The two orcs are the one that want peace with the humans.
>>
>>70122765
red = horde

blue = alliance

neither are good or evil
>>
>>70122786
>Medivh
>Good
>>
>>70120451
I liked Transcendence.
>>
>>70122825
Medivh is good it's Sargeras thats not.
>>
>>70121077
>What is inflation
>>
>>70122825
At that point he was still good wasn't he?
>>
It won't "flop" due to high player-base and old fanbase but it won't make huge profit because regular moviegoers don't know Warcraft lore and they don't have nostalgia glasses WoW fans have. It's sad they didn't think of it while shooting the bloody movie for 2 years, plus their marketing "campaign" was horrible.
>>
>>70122929
Unless non fans pretend this is Skyrim kek
>>
The film is probably shit but professional critics are nevertheless scum. Pseudo-intellectual bandwagoners with no skin in the game. I mean, the same critics who shit on Warcraft give capeshit and TFA 8/10 ratings. Literally >not enough quips. The reviews of average IMDB plebs are worth more than the reviews of the hacks featured on RT.

>Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach, critique.
>>
>>70121222
>GUYS THIS OVERHYPED LOTR RIP OFF WON 2ND PLACE OF THE YEAR!!! ... OUT OF 3 SERIOUS MOVIES RELEASED YET AHEAD OF THE 100TH AVENGER MOVIE

Some people seem really desperate or invested to spin this movie into a huge success.

>>70122629
And nothing stops these shills from writing more of these "anonymous" good reviews and ratings you hear about everywhere, while most reviews and ratings by people putting their face and name on the line are either split, content or negative.

But no they are the conspiracy, not those faceless reviewers who would even call the horrible green sceen and CGI effects great.
>>
As a fan I loved it, but if I wasn't, I'd have no idea what's going on.

>What the shit is the Kirin Tor?
>Who the fuck is Alodi?
>Why the shit is Medivh evil all of a sudden?
>What the hell is Dalaran?
>Why are they so mean to the spinach girl? Why is she imprisoned?
>>
File: 1256126216.png (106 KB, 236x413) Image search: [Google]
1256126216.png
106 KB, 236x413
>$38 for to play the game for 2 months
BWAHAHA WoW fans are so pathetic by paying Blizzard hundreds of dollars just to play 1 game
>>
>>70119985
Simple: American reviewers are Disney and Marvel shills
>>
I just spent 23 English Pounds to see Warcraft on Monday.

Rate.
>>
>>70123197
how is it?

>paying over $40 US for 1 movie
holy shit
>>
>>70120800
This makes no sense..
Orcs have black blood.. atleast in the cinematics for warcraft 3.
>>
>>70123073
Current subscription number is estimated to be around 3-4 million

its peak was 10 million
>>
>>70123024
I couldn't agree with that more. In general it seems like, if they find a movie bad it's not about acting, pacing, cinematography, dialogue but it's just "It didn't match my preconcieved notion of what every movie in this genre should be, so it was bad on all levels"
>>
>>70119985
I love how you try to make the cons sound like its not big deal

>Human acting was a mixed bag
You lose all credibility with this one. the acting was FUCKING ABYSMAL. And I cringed during most of the dialogs. They could have as well been written by a fucking 13 years old.

The movie was shit. it's a 3/10 from me. Shill moar faggot.
>>
>>70123407
How the hell is any of these acting scenes bad?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3DRKBtE1HY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW4U6IZqUJI
wow she looks so beautiful here
>>
>there is a MASSIVE split of opinions
>shills and a few brainfucked fanboys heaping adoration
vs
>everyone else alive

that's not a massive split.
>>
>>70123211
I haven't seen it yet, the film is on general release in the UK from this Monday.

It's a 3d movie in a nice cinema in central london, so about £20 is the standard price.
>>
>>70119985
>According to European coverage, it has been generally well received by European critics after it's release in several European markets this week

I heard often this one from defenders of the movie. I don't know for others european countries but here in France it got trashed by critics.
>>
>>70123460
holy fuck your prices are outregeous. here I pay $25 to see a 3D IMAX movie.
>£12.28
>>
This flick was way too violent for PG-13
>>
>>70122713
Don't think I ever saw a single person unironically claim this would be a LotR killer
>>
>>70123564
>France it got trashed by critics.
proof
>>
File: believe.jpg (28 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
believe.jpg
28 KB, 704x396
>>70120229
It will.

-Haruhi Suzumiya
>>
File: 12652163276.png (737 KB, 1030x904) Image search: [Google]
12652163276.png
737 KB, 1030x904
>>70123573
It should have been fucking R Rated with orc female's fighting with their tits showing with lots of red blood all over the place

BRAVO DUNCAN FOR FUCKING IT UP.

If it was R Rated it would not have gotten a 22% RT score
>>
File: p-1166-11084-lg.jpg (30 KB, 395x650) Image search: [Google]
p-1166-11084-lg.jpg
30 KB, 395x650
100 million dollars
>>
>>70123564
other countries had good reviews (germany, sweden), by critics.
>>
>>70123632
That's not what I said

Lot of people stabbed in the face, neck crushed, lots of blood, rape story, insane amount of people die, many of them implied to be children
>>
>>70119985
Hello shill
>>
>>70119985
nice orange/blue movie poster

much original
very color scheme
many effort

shitty movie is shitty, and a bunch of pleb WoW nerds will see it and praise it cause they're fucking shitters with no taste.
>>
>>70123564
Here in Sweden most reviews I've read seem to range from "decent movie" to "surprisingly good for being vidya movie"
>>
>>70123632
Because his opinion speaks for all.
>>
>>70123833
too bad the movie is too rush paced
>>
>>70119985
In the age of vidyakino, movies need patches
>>
>>70123946
red and blue

and these have always been colors that represent the two factions. don't be mad because it was finally used correctly.
>>
it was pretty good, nothing groundbreaking but I had fun
>>
>>70121226
>There isn't a single original idea in this piece of shit and the movie looks like fucking garbage
>this movie based on a 1994 game follows the story of a 1994 game
>>
>>70121011
>French
>European
12% mudslime.
>>
File: 1443122499856.jpg (11 KB, 230x220) Image search: [Google]
1443122499856.jpg
11 KB, 230x220
>>70119985
>Felt a little rushed
>Insufficient time for character development
>Editing wasn't very good in some places

I was afraid of this happening. Even though Warcraft 1's story is fairly simplistic, you can't tell a 2 sided story properly in just two hours.
They should have gone full LOTR and went for the 3 hours, or at least maybe 2 and a half.

Damn studio Jews.
>>
File: Whatwentright.png (144 KB, 663x377) Image search: [Google]
Whatwentright.png
144 KB, 663x377
Very well received in France...
>>
>>70119985
>Editing wasn't very good
Why the fuck has this shit become a meme?
Too many assholes at film 'class'?
>>
>>70124224
wow I love that poster they used.

Where can I find a high resolution of it? Way better than the crap American version
>>
>>70124224
by the general audience - failed to impress frog judges, so nothing has changed
>>
>>70124384
just like your mom's performance last night lmao.
>>
>>70120693
-18 reviews so far

nice try RT.
It's best if we all just chill the fuck down and wait for it to hit the US where the real important criticism will take place. No one gives a fuck if Jamal in Sweden did not like it because it wasn't RoTK.
>>
>>70124591
Are you retarded? The Eurofags are the ones saying it is good so far.
>>
>Blizzcucks on suicide watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UwijTNgkz4
>>
>>70119985
>Battles are great
>Cinematography was good
>It works fantastic as a spectacle
I guess I watched a different film in the cinema a few days ago.
>>
>>70124683
>'I knew I was going to hate every second of it"
wtf that's a little too harsh
>>
do they sexualize the orcs at all?
>>
>>70122013
they do lol

Germanfag here.
Saw Paranormal Activity in US during exchange year. Audience clapped, went bezerk.

Saw it some time later back in Germany. People behaved like humans.

Why u gotta be so retarded in theaters Americunts?
>>
File: 12821625237.png (2 MB, 1919x793) Image search: [Google]
12821625237.png
2 MB, 1919x793
Is he the new Obi Won?
>>
I havent seen movie in a theater since lotr1, this I might go to a morning showing
>>
so its ff7 advent children tier
>>
>>70124683
>"I just saw it and I can't remember any of their names"

Stopped right there. Probably watches GoT and can't remember the dwarf's name.
>>
do they sexualize the orcs at all? I watched the trailer and it seemed like bara paradise for some people
>>
From the schedules I can find right now in Belgium I can only see a fucking 3D version, if no 2D digital showings are available I simply won't go see it as I refuse to pay for the 3D shit.
Anyone else have this fucking problem?
>>
>>70119985

>on a film board
>biggest discussion is about a movie about orcs

this place is so, so fucking embarrassing

how the hell do you guys not all want to kill yourselves?
>>
>>70124869
why don't you kill yourself you whining little bitch, go tip your fedora on letterboxd
>>
>The Draenei exist due to WoW retcons
>Fel Magic instead of Mannoroth's Blood
>Thrall is stillborn, Gul'dan uses Fel magic on him to revive him
>Garona is nothing but a fucktoy, not even a spy for the Horde
>Every human is sympathetic to her, not just Llane
>Garona falls in love with Lothar
>Llane tells her to kill him so Blackhand won't get the honour
>Garona cries while stabbing Llane in the neck and becomes the biggest Orc hero for doing so
>Gul'dan defeats Durotan in Mak'gora
>Lothar defeats Blackhand in Mak'gora
>Draka stabbed by a random Grunt
>Medivh gets doubleteamed by Lothar and Khadgar only
>Stormwind doesn't get sacked shortly after Llane's death
>Flying Dalaran
>Shitty mix of live action and CGI, instead of just the CGI which happened to be decent
>Awful fight choreography
>Quips
>>70124859
3D is shit and I can't recall any scenes that'll be great with it.
>>
>>70124869
How autistic do you have to be that you won't be able to go through life without being upset over what other people do?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.