[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nice guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: the-nice-guys-poster-2.jpg (50 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
the-nice-guys-poster-2.jpg
50 KB, 500x333
Is this worth paying money for?
>>
>>70119046
I saw it tonight. I was pretty let down and had low expectations to begin with. I've probably been to the theater about 15 times so far this year and this is the only film I was constabtly hoping would end so I could leave already. I wanted to like it but the story was awful and sloppy and the humor wasn't my cup of tea.
>>
>>70119088
Agreed, saw it earlier today as well. The acting was on point and the characters were great but the story is nearly non-existent and doesn't exactly resolve by the end either.
>>
I enjoyed it, wasn't as tight storywise. The action was clear and decent, the characters were solid. The only movie I've seen in theatres this year.
>>
its a fun movie, yes, go see it. gosling/crow and the daughter have great chemistry and the setting of 1970s LA makes it good too
>>
Not as good as everyone on /tv/ made it seem, but still pretty great regardless. Definitely better than any recent major release I can think of.
>>
Stoner movie?
>>
>>70119046
YES

SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS
>>
>>70119684
>Drive for potheads
>original
>>
>>70119727
so you didn't see the movie? shame.
>>
>>70119727
>potheads
>drive

what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>70119684
>original
It's a parade of buddy cop clichés. Every character is a caricature
The jokes are terrible.
>Don't say and stuff honey just say there are whores here
>I'm giving you a rimjob
>no u mean rimshot!
LOL xD
>>
I wouldn't waste your money OP but then others have liked it so fuck knows.

I thought it was terrible.

>>70119684
>Shane Black buddy cop movie
>original ideas

Pick one.
>>
>>70119771
back to your Batman v Superman thread you cock-munching faggot.
>>
>>70119793
hello reddít
>>
>>70119807
I don't watch capeshit moron, but I don't have patience for movies this fucking sloppy and poorly done. I don't want op to waste his money.
Also the whole protesters scene was a 3 minute bad joke that was cringey through and through.
>>
>>70119771
This

Every joke felt forced as fuck. I thought that the shitty quirky dialogue in Iron Man 3 was Shane Black attempting to write like Joss Whedon but it seems that this is how movies he writes and directs are.

Richard Donner and Tony Scott were responsible for how well Lethal Weapon and The Last BoyScout turned out not this dipshit.
>>
>>70119088
>the story was awful and sloppy
No it wasn't, it was a tight crime caper
>the humor wasn't my cup of tea
On this, you are entitled to your opinion, even if it means you have a shitty sense of humor.
>>
>>70119826
>le reddit meme
Hello faggot

But I thought Reddit was supposed to love this turd. Get your shit straight.
>>
>>70119807
>you don't like a film I like, you must like (insert childish/poorly received popcorn film in current release)

That's some IMDB forums autism you got there anon.
>>
>>70119862
>tight
You have to be kidding me. Almost every character was completely fucking useless. The big bad guy couldn't kill fucking anyone with a machine gun. It's a good thing also that his car's trunk magically reflected bullets! The girl they were hunting was such a weak character. It was impossible to care about her. Then her mother was the stupidest fucking worst acted character I've seen in a film this year. And the entire final big action scene was embarassing, it's something I'd expect in Zoolander 2 or an Austen Powers movie. This movie is a fucking mess with a good cast.
>>
>>70119931
Was going to write something similar but fuck it this sums it up pretty well.

Shane Black couldn't stop with the "humour" long enough to make you give a shit about anything that was happening. The moment you might start to care boom you get the equivalent of a pie in the face gag. It was Game of Thrones season 6 level comedy.
>>
>>70119834
>>70119854
>>70119878
>>70119909
>>70119931
>>70120033
your tastes are dogshit.
>>
File: 1464270517578.jpg (104 KB, 318x409) Image search: [Google]
1464270517578.jpg
104 KB, 318x409
If you like Lethal Weapon or funny buddy cop movies then yeah go see it. I thought it was hilarious. I rewatched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang after seeing The Nice Guys and I think I like the latter more. the characters in KKBB felt underdeveloped compared to the characterization of Russell Crowe and Gosling.
>>
>>70120506
I agree.
>>
>>70119834
The protesters was one of the funniest gags in the movie though.
>oh I'm sorry I thought you were dead
>>
>>70121738
I don't know. To me it was SNL-tier and not very funny at all.
>>
>>70119931
None of those criticisms make the story bad.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.