[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait how the fuck does this work? Bran travelled to the past,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8
Wait how the fuck does this work?

Bran travelled to the past, warged into Hodor and caused his mental "illness", which activated his action at another time way in the future. What kind of logic is that?

I also won't mention how just one single big guy can hold off hundreds if not thousands of marathoning walkers.
>>
>>70116383
To be fair, the white walkers were skellingtons. He also DIDN'T hold them off...he died.
>>
>>70116383

Stable time loop.
>>
File: lel.jpg (916 KB, 1500x814) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
916 KB, 1500x814
Magic
>>
>>70116383
>I also won't mention how just one single big guy can hold off hundreds if not thousands of marathoning walkers.

it's called a lever. generally regarded as the oldest mechanical principle known to man. y'see, all the stress is put on the hinge!
>>
>Its a "/tv/ reveals themselves once again to be actual sub-90 IQ dumbfucks who think their critique matters" thread

literally basic time travel theory
>>
>Hold the door
Really makes you think
>>
>>70116593
Except it's not. Would only makes sense if Bran warging into Hodor in the past cause him the illness AND make him hold some hypothetical door right at that timeline.

This is flawed time travel logic.
>>
>>70116671

No

It is fine.
>>
Why was the door the only constructed part of the entire cave? They gonna leave they bones and shit all over the dirt floor but build a sturdy wooden door at the back entrance so it's more homely?
>>
>>70116671
what is a stable time loop
>>
>>70116671
jesus christ are you retarded? here is what happened in the show

>bran in vision with bloodraven
>starts hearing meera yelling
>bloodraven tells bran to listen to his friends
>hears meera yell "warg into hodor!"
>bran wargs into hodor in the present
>bran has difficulty simultaniously greenseeing and warging
>looks at young hodor in the vision
>young hodor somehow sees bran
>bran panics and accidentally wargs into young hodor
>warging into young hodor causes hodor to be retarded

brans lack of focus/trying to do too many things at once fucked hodor up
>>
>>70116727
Hard to know there weren't supports lining the sides of the tunnel since everything (including the door, remember) had long since been overgrown.
>>
>>70116727
where was the toilet? where did they all poop?

if you took a shit in one of those visions would other people see the turd?
>>
File: jon snow laughing.jpg (48 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
jon snow laughing.jpg
48 KB, 490x490
>>70116383

>Jojen Reed gets seizures from Green Dreams

>somehow you faggots think Hodor getting brain damage from seeing Bran in the past doesn't make any sense

Jesus fucking Christ people they've been setting this up for multiple seasons.
>>
>>70117152
With absolutely no context. It's shit storytelling.
>>
>>70116629
fresh pol meme
>>
Why did his wolf have to job so hard?

Scrawny girl with a pointy stick kills multiple enemies including an actual white walker but a full grown dire wolf gets murdered in seconds
>>
>>70117171

Have you spent a lot of time bitching about Danaerys' completely retarded 100% immunity to fire?
>>
>>70116871
Who cleaned bran asshole
>>
>>70116383
Time functions as a wheel in ASOIAF especially concerning magic/technology
>>
>>70116383
I always thought Bran could warg into Hordor because he was a retard. But he's just a normal kid. Meaning Bran can warg into anyone, right?
>>
>>70118561
>R*tard
Ummm mods?
>>
>>70118471
>HOLD THE ODOUR
>HOLD THE ODUR
>HOL THE DUR
>HOL DUR
>HODOR
>HODOR
>HODOR
>>
>>70116811
>Hodor somehow sees Bran
Wew, found the problem for you
>>
>>70116811
this anon gets it and is a non-moron

you're a rare breed
>>
File: btfo-bro[1].gif (1 MB, 340x191) Image search: [Google]
btfo-bro[1].gif
1 MB, 340x191
When I saw this shit, I was literally BTFO

Dabid are gods among men
>>
>>70117171
>setting it up for seasons
>"THERE'S NOT CONTEXT"

you're one of those people who complain about the magic shit in this show despite it being in the literal first scene of the series aren't you
>>
>>70118725
DABZ
>>
I'm annoyed because when they revealed that they are literally time travelers and not just viewing the past and future, all I could see are plot holes in the making.
>>
>>70117468
isnt her immune to fire in the books?
>>
>>70118918
No, firm said it was a one time magic thing
>>
>>70118887

Well they are still mostly viewing it. They don't literally transport there but they can still affect it because magic.
>>
File: D&D logic.png (170 KB, 2000x1522) Image search: [Google]
D&D logic.png
170 KB, 2000x1522
>this episode
>>
Nothing ruins a Story's consistency faster than time travel. Not to mention that the setting really doesn't seem appropriate for it. Whats wrong with just warging? Couldn't Bran just warg into a white walker or some shit like that?
>>
>>70116383
Time travel is literally impossible in the real world, don't try to understand it in a fictional setting. IT JUST WORKS
>>
>>70119082
>turn off your brain argument
Nah man I would rather have a story that makes sense and is consistent
>>
>>70116811
the only aspect left out here is by doing this Bran apparently also acts a conduit for the present to interact with the past, in this case the phrase "Hold the Door"
>>
>>70119118
Fuck off retard, it's called fiction for a reason.
>>
>>70119269
Just because it's a made up setting doesn't mean that it's not supposed to be internally consistent.
>>
>>70118700
same as how ned heard him yell after the fight. its a rare thing
>>
>>70119118
>>70119310
It doesn't make any sense. If that bothers you, I suggest stop watching this show. It's not the first time something illogical happened.
>>
>>70118829
No anon
Dubs
>>
>hodor literally holds the door for them to move 20 meters
Useless sacrifice, hacky execution.

But it will have worked regardless.
>>
>>70116383
>nhung-su-that-phu-phang-cho-thay-tap-the-door-cua-game-of-thrones-te-hon-nhieu-so-voi-ban-nghi[1].jpg

i don't understand this
>>
But what if he had to hold a gate?
>>
>>70118561
>>70116383
Bran doesn't warg into young Hodor. He wargs into adult Hodor. Because bran was projected in the past, and also acting in the present, this created something of a gateway between old and young Hodor. The things that adult Hodor is thinking and doing, starts feeding back into young Hodor's mind. Causing him mind to overload, frying it.
>>
>>70116811
yeah, but why the young Hodor suddenly started yelling "Hold the Door!"? It makes no sense. Meera was the one yelling it, and there is no way young Hodor would be able to hear it. Maybe warged Bran would, but I don't know why he would scream it like idiot, rolling on the ground. Besides, the warged person has no memory of what happened.
>>
>>70117270
dabid cgi veri expansive ok
>>
If there's anything weird about the scene, it's that a cave under a hill has a back door for Hodor to hold, when it didn't have any front door at the spot where everyone kept walking in and out.
>>
>suck my head suck my head suck my head
>suckmyhead
>sukmyhed
>skmhd
>baka

and that's how baka became popular in our culture and all negroes use it now
>>
ww
>>
>>70120952
Kek
>>
Is Danny immune to carbon monoxide?
>>
>>70120516
>zombies can just go around the fire ward and climb over and inside the compound
DABID

Seriously, that entire scene is a plot hole at least as far as its execution is concerned.
>>
>>70122387
Don't forget how the zombies ran up the hill and dug their way through the ground and roots faster than the white walkers walked through the corridor to the chamber.

And why exactly did a single WW show up on his own to be killed off before the rest arrived, when all of them walked in at the same time?
>>
>>70122515
Why didn't they send a guy around the back? I mean they obviously can think and plan so why didn't they just surround it?
>>
>>70116383
>normies first time paradox.
>>
The sad part is that it brings literally nothing to the story other than give a hidden meaning to hodor's name. There was no reason to be greenseeing or whatever it's called when they knew the whitewalkers were coming, bran could have warg'd hodor just the same and hodor could have made the conscious choice of sacrificing himself. Hell, he could have had his awesome moment by throwing off bran's control just so that he can sacrifice himself.
>>
>>70122658
>YOU NEED TO LEAVE NOW BRAN!
>But first let's watch the Winterfell channel
>>
It's fucking nerd shit.

Jesus Christ gas all Game of Throne fans
>>
time travel is complete fiction
it makes sense because its magic
>>
>>70122658
>There was no reason to be greenseeing or whatever it's called when they knew the whitewalkers were coming
I know this is just implied in the show but Sydow was giving him the memories he needed in order to continue on without him.
He says something to the effect that hes going to become "him" as in hes passing on what he knows all at once.
>>
>>70122754
>He says something to the effect that hes going to become "him" as in hes passing on what he knows all at once.

I prefer it being him knowing that Bran was going to fuck up Hodor at that point, and thus that's the point where he makes the same terrible thing that Sydow did, except Sydow did it to the mad king. Would explain the sadness.
>>
>>70122797
He probably does know, the mad king theory is retarded though, however I believe they directly say in the behind the scenes bit that hes passing on knowledge and not just traumatizing everyone.
>>
>>70122719

The only thing that pisses me off more than these nerds sperging about the plot is the people who think Hodor's seizure is somehow deep, meaningful, and requires explanation. Do these people think the fucking Back to the Future films are a masterpiece of philosophy?
>>
>>70116383

It's because he's a big guy dumbass

Also this action is defended as magic / tree magic / shut the fuck up magic to make it seem possible
>>
>>70118700
Hodor sees Bran because Bran is currently warging into him in the present. Hodor seeing Bran causes the two of them to 'connect' mentally. How this happens isnt explained but neither is any of the logic behind warging. Either way this causes past Wyllis to connect with present Wyllis and witness his own death, causing a seizure and mental breakdown and ultimately causing him to get into the situation that broke his mind in the first place.
>>
>>70116383
It's not that hard to understand. "Hodor" had a vision of his death because of Bran and it fucked him up for life.
Apparently they're going for a "can't change anything" take on time travel, it was impossible for Hodor not to die like that so he couldn't tell anyone about it I guess.
>>
>>70116383
why are you trying to make sense of a show with dragons, ice-zombies, giants, magic-users, and shit like that???
>>
>>70118938
books arent canon anymore
>>
Bran's mind travels to the past.
While he is in the past he wargs into Hodor in the present.
Brans mind is now in two places at once, in the cave with Bloodraven and the zombies, and at Winterfell when Ned is being sent off to the Vale.
This creates a bridge between the Hodor of the present and the Hodor of the past.
The effect for young Hodor is that he experiences a premonition of his own violent death. This is too much for him to handle and it fucks him up, disrupting his ability to speak.

What Bran cannot do.
Warg into people in the past: In the case of Hodor he warged into him in the present while using his abilities to view the past which forced Hodors younger self to experience the future. The past Hodor was not under Brans direct control, he just recieved feedback of what was happening in the future through the weird link Bran had created. In theory Bran could do this with other people but he would need to have access to them in the present. There's also no guarantee that he'd be able to warg into just anyone. Hodor was something of a special case as he was dim and lacked a strong sense of self. Even back when he was Wylas he was very submissive. That being said someone like the "Reeked" Theon would probably be a good candidate to be warged (and given the contact Bran has had with Theon in the books via the weirwood trees this may very well be something that happens there).

Change the past: Bran can affect the past but he can't change it. Anything he does in the past will have always happened and essentially be destined to happen (the situation with Hodor always happened that way, there was never an "original" timeline where Hodor remained Wylas).
>>
No
This is the whole planet of the apes preordained shit all over again.

Raven man said that the past is written, the ink is dry. Well the future is written to. Hodor going retarded in the past means that Ned stark would have bran no matter what happened in the war. The past directly gives way to the future.

Shit is stupid really.
>>
>>70125095
But the shit only started when he warged OUT of Hodor so Hodor could function as his taxi, and it was Meeras voice that fucked him up
>>
Present hodor wasn't warged guys. He only had his blank eyes for a second and then went normal as his younger self was going full retard. It probably was just Bran leaking the present into the past which made Hodor go full retard.
>>
>Film or television show introduces a time loop
>>
>>70119031
Yeah, because being near white walkers worked very well so far
>>
>>70125259
hearing meeras voice was a symptom of the fuckery, not the cause. somehow hodor became aware of brans vision/the future and turned into a retard because of it
>>
nah sorry they broke their own logical consistency with it, it was retarded, and gimmicky
the "Reveal" was retarded and gimmicky
the entire premise of the character was reduced to a 1 liner reveal thats supposed to be such a fucking amazing reveal, but its really not. its just a shit twist that nobody cared about and amounted to nothing, in an episode, after a series of episodes of absolutely nothing happening

the show has been shit for some time, and like breaking bad, the success got to the writers, and now its too formulaic, too structured. they are gonna wait until the very last minute of each season for "shit to go down" then proceed to force us to watch 10 episodes of dick close ups because theyve got nothing better to do with our time
>>
>>70127117
Still, Bran wasn't warging him when it happened so it's a little odd
>>
>>70127234
i dont see how they broke any logical consistency with it. i agree that it really wasnt that big of a reveal though
>>
>>70116383

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xpG74e_-94
>>
>>70116383
You're what, 189, 250lbs? Well I'm 367lbs and I'm 6'6", and this one tiime there was this little tiny pebble caught in my front door. Couldn't open that shit for nothing, no matter how hard I pushed. It took alot of effort and several moments of pulling and pushing the door handle which had to repaired. Pebble probably weighed a bit more than a quarter if that even.
>>
>>70129067
Oh shit the same thing happened to me. A pebble somehow got stuck in the groove of a screw at the bottom, and I legit thought my door had broken(it's got internal metal things that slot into the doorposts when locked) because it wouldn't really budge and it made cracking sounds when I tried. After much pushing it finally flipped around or something so it lied flat in the groove and then I could push the door open with a scratching sound all the way.

The thing was the size of a fucking sunflower seed.
>>
The Hodor stuff translates really well into other languages. Smart move.
>>
File: 13g7y4.jpg (97 KB, 884x420) Image search: [Google]
13g7y4.jpg
97 KB, 884x420
>>70118887
>all I could see are plot holes in the making.

>Bran changes time
>Stannis is now the king of Westeros

IT'S HAPPENING
>>
>>70116383
>hold the door

this is the best they could come up with?
>>
>>70129705
It makes me curious on how they'll handle the translations
>>
>>70118561
Yes, he can warg in to anyone (eventually). It's just more difficult.
>>
>>70119082
>Time travel is literally impossible in the real world
Actually subatomic particles can sometimes go backwards in time briefly and operate with "reverse causality". The idea isn't completely insane.

>>70119529
Coldhands and/or Benjen
>>
bran being in the past and making a connection with hodor didnt make him hold to door

he didnt even fully warg him in the past

it was meera who yelled for hodor to hold the door and he just heard it through bran in the past encounter

he would have held the door wether bran was in the past or not

all bran did was scramble his eggs

>bran the builder
>first of his name
>lord of the seven kingdoms
>scrambler of eggs
>>
>>70127355
Bran's mind is projected into the past. If Bran hears something, that enters his mind, which in turn is projected in the past. Because his body in the past is just an Avatar, the sound flows out of him instead of just him hearing it in the past.
>>
>>70132815
>scrambler of eggs
>WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO
>WITH THOSE TOSSED SALAD AAAAAAAAAAND SCRAMBLED EGGS?
>>
>>70116811
This is a summary, not an explanation. We all saw it anon.
>>
>>70129743
Bran does not have the power to change anything in the past
>>
>>70116383
>I also won't mention how just one single big guy can hold off hundreds if not thousands of marathoning walkers
he has blood of the giants
>Bran travelled to the past
bran did not travel to the past, it would be easier to understand if you think that all time is happening simultaneously
>>
File: Confirmed for Autism.jpg (754 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
Confirmed for Autism.jpg
754 KB, 2448x3264
So is Bran going to end up being the Knight of the Laughing tree?

>Causes Lyanna and Rheagar to meet
>incepts Benjen to join the NW so that he'll be where he's supposed to be when he saves Bran
>fucks with the Mad King, stirs the crazy pot that eventually leads to him killing Brandon and Rickard
I mean, IT'S THE KNIGHT OF THE FUCKING LAUGHING TREE. Bran is capable of tree-based time travel.
>>
>>70116383
so, seeing how Bran had contact with people in his "dreams", can he just go back in time and control someone else?
Is that possible?
>>
>>70119608
>HOGET
>>
>>70120952
>suck
it's shake fagtron
>>
>>70133369
>brans lack of focus/trying to do too many things at once fucked hodor up

yeah dude totes not an explanation
the fact that you need an "explanation" means you are a fucking retard
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.