[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The.Do.Over.2016.1080p.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-PiA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
>The.Do.Over.2016.1080p.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-PiA

Wow guys, Netflix is really churning out some really high quality movies!
>>
>>70115914
thanks Adam but Im not interested in the film
>>
>>70115914
turned this movie after 20 minutes , it's awful
>>
File: tumblr_mq3qqpjC4Z1r4hdjio2_400.gif (2 MB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mq3qqpjC4Z1r4hdjio2_400.gif
2 MB, 350x196
Sandlerkino? Sign me, on Senpai!
>>
File: bingo.png (785 KB, 760x938) Image search: [Google]
bingo.png
785 KB, 760x938
>>70116651
>>
>>70115914
>2015
>not having netflix
>>
>>70118881
>paying for Jewflix

no
>>
Has anybody here watched and finished it? And how was it? It looked way better than any of his last few movies. And if you turned the movie off don't even bother replying I don't give a fuck how the first couple minutes are, I want to know how the movie as a whole was once it gets started.
>>
Was it really that bad? I'm definitely no Sandler fan but it did kind of look alright
>>
>>70118907
>not being servants to god's chosen people
Sucks to be you when shit breaks loose.
>>
>>70118984
Its an enjoyable watch unless youre a sandler hater. Some good laughs and an entertaining story. Obviously don't expect too much
>>
>>70118984
it was decent kind of started off slow though, there were a lot of times i genuinely laughed hard which i found surprising. Feels better than the past like 9 movies he made
>>
>>70119141
>>70119305
Thanks. Exactly the type of answer I was looking for. You guys aren't always all bad. I'll put it on in just a few minutes.
>>
More proof that I don't need to pay for Netflix.
>>
>>70118994
I don't think I've ever actually watched a Sandler movie, come to think of it, so this one will actually be my first (once I'm done).

I haven't watched it through yet (40 mins left), but it's not too bad actually. I'm saying that with a whole lot of preconceived notions about the quality of Sandler's movies these days, of course. That, and it's free so I'm a lot more lenient.

There aren't a lot of laugh-out-loud funny moments so far (I just had my first proper laugh right before I paused) but I've been smiling a lot. It's sort of simplistic and predictable but there are a few quips here and there that I think work alright (I especially the running gag with the pictures of the dead guys).

So I dunno, damning with faint praise? I don't think I'll regret watching it once I'm done, but I would probably not have paid to watch it either.
>>
File: Capture.png (4 KB, 393x29) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4 KB, 393x29
>Get me Harry Gregson-Williams!
>Uh, he's busy sir.
>>
what the fuck happened to this guy? he js like the biggest JUST case. his name is known worldwide but he constantly just makes bad movies (on purpose?).
>>
>>70119550
>he js like the biggest JUST case.

He's literally always made movies for dumb white teenagers.
>>
>>70119550
He gets paid millions to go on vacation with his buddies and then rinse and repeats. He tried to win an oscar and got denied, so now hes just a rich who gives a fuck
>>
>>70119550
>Adam Sandler net worth: $360 Million
He makes movies to give his friends a pay check and he doesn't even have to try to make them actually good movies, they always make bank because of stupid people
>>
File: kcyPDok.jpg (69 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
kcyPDok.jpg
69 KB, 540x540
Thanks
>>
>>70119642
I think he legitimately does try every now and then but gets shit on anyway so figures fuck it why not.

Little Nicky was a pretty ambitious project that he had a go at and he got shit on for it so I guess since then he's just phoned it in.

Also Pixels wasn't as horrible as people make out. Same deal, if it wasn't Adam Sandler in the lead people would still dislike it but not this worst film of 2015 bullshit.
>>
>>70119738
>he got shit on for it
Really? I wasn't old enough at the time to keep up with that shit, but I've always considered that his best movie, people seriously didn't like it?
>>
File: 1462502335868.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462502335868.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>70119738
Once i got around to watching Pixels i was hella surprised it was a decent watch. The amount of hate it got.. theres plenty far worse movies coming out the sandler flicks
>>
>>70118984
Its stupid but enjoyable. I got a few laughs.
>>
>>70119809

>but I've always considered that his best movie

Better than Wedding singer? Better than Punch Drunk Love?
>>
>>70119738
>I think he legitimately does try every now and then but gets shit on anyway so figures fuck it why not.
This was always my theory too. Like whenever he tries something new, it either tanks and/or gets critically panned so then it's back to lowest common denominator shit that he knows is guaranteed to make bank
>>
>>70119738
My only thing is if he does wanna try good stuff then why not hire people that will get you that done? Instead of hiring the same shit writers and such, why doesn't he take it serious and look for good writers, DPs, directors to make a good film. He has money and that stuff doesn't cost a shit load of money either
>>
>>70119835
Wedding singer is close, but I've never really been that big of a fan of punch drunk love. Adam Sandlers only good "serious" movie is the objectively superior reign over me.
>>
>>70115914
I enjoyed it. My gf loves Adam Sandler movies because she's Japanese and can understand the humor easily so we have watched almost all his movies.

I would say it's his best movie he's done in a while, my favourite has always been wedding singer though. Steve Buscemi falling off the kerb doing the Wolf howl gets my everytime
>>
watched this, it was the definition of 5/10
>>
ITT: Plebs that have never watched Punch Drunk Love
>>
>>70120612
>watched this

pleb
>>
>go to the best film school in the world
>hard day of work all friday
>be 4:00 in the morning
>laughing my ass off to this movie

get on my level, nigs.
>>
>>70115914
>8gigs for a movie with adam sandler in it
ayy lmao
>>
>>70122403
>2016
>complaining about filesizes

time to get a job, Tyrone.
>>
Wouldn't even torrent a Sandler movie if I got payed to do so.
>>
The Doover
>>
>>70122575
>payed

lol
>>
>>70122575

That's silly. You're being paid to torrent it, not watch it.
>>
Best Sandler flick in a while.
>>
its very good. maybe the best ive seen this year. adam is in top form.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.