[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt tv approved shakespear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: william-shakespeare-portrait11.jpg (351 KB, 800x802) Image search: [Google]
william-shakespeare-portrait11.jpg
351 KB, 800x802
itt tv approved shakespear
>>
>>70115029
I liked Kenneth Branaugh's Othello.
>>
>>70115029
Anything with yank actors is automatically crap

They treat blank verse like a foreign language
>>
Titus Adronicus was a pretty good movie based Anthony Hopkins
>>
Batman v Superman
>>
I loved the new Macbeth, need to see Throne of Blood, Macbeth is my favorite Shakespear
>>
Romeo and Juliet with the underage titties
>>
Kurosawa still makes the best Shakespeare movies despite him not using the actual text. He understands the spirit of the plays the best.
>>
>>70115488
Wasn't Throne of Blood a straight up Macbeth interpretation though?
>>
File: 98765142223.jpg (45 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
98765142223.jpg
45 KB, 800x598
>>70115452
>>
>>70115519
That's what he was saying. There is also Ran King Lear
>>
The version of Henry V with Branagh is godlike.

As is the RSC Hamlet with Tennant and Patrick Stewart.
>>
10 things I hate about you is about the most Shakespeare /tv/ can handle
>>
>>70115029
William Shakespeare could not, unaided, have produced the immortal writings bearing his name.

He did not possess the necessary literary culture, for the town of Stratford where he was reared contained no school capable of imparting the higher forms of learning reflected in the writings ascribed to him. His parents were illiterate, and in his early life he evinced a total disregard for study. There are in existence but six known examples of Shakspere's handwriting. All are signatures, and three of them are in his will. The scrawling, uncertain method of their execution stamps Shakspere as unfamiliar with the use of a pen, and it is obvious either that he copied a signature prepared for him or that his hand was guided while he wrote. No autograph manuscripts of the "Shakespearian" plays or sonnets have been discovered, nor is there even a tradition concerning them other than the fantastic and impossible statement appearing in the foreword of the Great Folio.

Shakspere's daughters were illiterate. His daughter Judith, at the age of 27, could not even sign her name.

If this guy wrote the plays bearing his name how would he have permitted his own daughter to reach womanhood and marry without being able to read one line of the writings that made her father wealthy and locally famous? It makes no sense.
>>
>>70115785
I've got an uncle who refused to pay a single cent for his own daughter's education
people can be assholes
>>
>>70115029
Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM
>>
>>70115785
You realise that actual educated people view the Shakespeare authorship debate as the literary equivalent of denying the moon landings?

You realise that the lack of evidence we have of Shakespeare's biographical details is entirely typical for a man of his time and class?

You realise that Shakespeare is an anomaly in that we have an almost complete encyclopedia of his works in an era from which 99% of plays have been lost?

You realise that early-modern England actually had a very good education system in some places, courtesy of the church and the local town councils, and that Shakespeare was probably highly educated in literature, philosophy, rhetoric, and the classics?

You realise that middle-class women did not generally receive a male education?

You realise that no serious academic takes this laughable nonsense seriously?
>>
>>70116531
>>70115855
>replying to WE WUZ KANGS tier bait
>>
File: dvd_rom[1].jpg (81 KB, 900x300) Image search: [Google]
dvd_rom[1].jpg
81 KB, 900x300
pic related is kino
>>
>>70115029
Throne of Blood
>>
>>70116531
I dunno man, plenty of other people from that time and before are well documented... Rene Descarte, Hobbes and Locke, Galileo, Isaac Newton...
>>
>>70116531
acshually the post
>>
File: 3038859-1297534878102937.png (155 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
3038859-1297534878102937.png
155 KB, 500x208
>>70116715
>Luhrmann
>>
>No one posted coriolanus yet

Filthy plebeians
>>
>>70116940
It isn't that good. Richard III with Gandalf is better if you want that kind of thing.
>>
>>70116787
Several of the people you named were not exactly contemporaneous with Shakespeare. Different times, different classes, different countries. Besides, you're comparing illustrious philosophers and scientists with a middle-class playwright.
>>
File: 153231_00b.jpg (70 KB, 800x1308) Image search: [Google]
153231_00b.jpg
70 KB, 800x1308
Best Hamlet coming through
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.