[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/ Screen Writing General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: swscript1.jpg (3 KB, 206x213) Image search: [Google]
swscript1.jpg
3 KB, 206x213
C'mon, gather around, let's do this. Discuss, share, rate, hate. It's Screen Writing General time.
>>
>>70114021

How's my formatting?
>>
File: literallymybook.png (57 KB, 507x204) Image search: [Google]
literallymybook.png
57 KB, 507x204
Shameless self bump, but I need you guys opinions in this. I finished my novel, it's called Diary 2116, the first chapter is called "2016" and under there is the beggining of the stor, the image is pic related since it's pretty much the plot of the book.

Please, let me know what you think. I wrote it in my mother language, and I translated to you guys, so I'm sorry for minor mistakes.

CHAPTER 1

“Did you know that the car of the President of the United States can launch missiles?” was the first thing that Lucas said in the breakfast table, even before the good morning.
“What?” I asked, thinking that it was funny.
“Yes man, it launches missiles. I am sure that they have a limo that can do something like this, our job would be só much more easier” he said.
“Why would someone that has a car that launches missiles would want more protection, man?” I asked, still thinking that it was funny and checking the cellphone.
“I dunno. Protection is always good, our city is not like the safest in the world, it's plausible” my cousin answered.
He stretched his neck trying to see what I was seeing on my cellphone, I ignored what he said since I was too busy checking my bank account, to give me a early cheer up. I just nodded with the head while thinking that his theory is a funny one.
“You will never get tired of seeing these numbers, are you mate?” Lucas asked.
“When it's big like that makes me happy in just seeing it” I answered, putting away the cellphone.
“That's what she said” he replied with a smile.
“Not to you” I replied with a bigger one.
We laughed.
>>
File: gravity falls.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gravity falls.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
>>70114021
how to outline and prep a feature?
curious as to how much depth it goes into. I struggle with this part and that's why I'm stuck writing shorts.
>>
>>70114258

"As the term implies, a step-outline is the story told in steps. Using one- or two-sentence statements, the writer simply and clearly describes what happens in each scene, how it builds and turns. For example: "He enters expecting to find her at home, but instead discovers her note saying she's left for good." On the back of each card the writer indicates what step in the design of the story he sees this scene fulfilling-at least for the moment. Which scenes set up the Inciting Incident? Which is the Inciting Incident? First Act Climax? Perhaps a Mid-Act Climax? Second Act? Third? Fourth? Or more? He does this for Central Plot and subplots alike."
>>
>>70114258

Do you mean like how to present the plot and the screenplay in general? This is a book proposal but might work for screenplays too

http://www.twliterary.com/bookproposal/
>>
>>70114077

It's good, seems good at least.
>>
>>70114148
that's not how a script should look like
here
-Fade In
>Diner
>Two friends of different ethnic backgrounds having breakfast

Lucas
Did you know that the Presidential Limo, can launch missiles?
Jack
Wait, what?

L.
yeah, real fucking missiles, can blow up this diner into a million fucking pieces.
We need a car like that.

J,
well, where the hell are we gonna get a car that fires missiles in Kentucky?
Anyhow we don't need a car like that.

L.
Fuck do I know, I'm the idea man.
I'm tellin' you , man. If the coppers get on our tail,( puffs on his ciggy, american spirit ) then
we could blow those pigs up.

J.
you is crazy, niggah
( looks at his cellphone )

L.
what the fuck are ya doin' ?
are you checking pootang again?
we're discussing serious business here motherfucker,
and you're checkin' pootang?
Anyhow, I thought you was gay.

J.
Wait, what? Ta fuck are you talking about, niggah?
Cut that shit out you want to get popped?

L.
Bring it on niggah, you is touchin' other niggahs salami.

J.
you know I'm packing right? I'm gonna blow your fucking head off.

L.
well do it then?

J.
well you asked for it, niggah

J. produces this huge ass handcannon and blows L. brains out.

Panic ensues.

J.
don't you ever talk shit about me banging no niggahs , niggah

tips the waitress and casually walks out.

fade out.
>>
>>70115225

It's not a script, it's a novel. But fuck man, I liked your version of it.
>>
>>70114077
Only all-caps a character name in action the first time they are introduced. Wastebasket and Fairfield Drive, and Civic also don't need to be all-caps. It reads poorly.
>>
>>70115447
>it's not a script
>posting it in a /swg/

why, man?
>>
>>70114021
Either pay me or go back to **rebooting** old movies

Eat shit
>>
>>70114148
>>>/lit/
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.