[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was better than it had any right to be. I expected a "muh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: operatorkino.png (372 KB, 464x348) Image search: [Google]
operatorkino.png
372 KB, 464x348
This was better than it had any right to be.

I expected a "muh troops" military wankfest but what i got was a very personal story about 6 soldiers trying to protect people and survive the night. Based Bay.
>>
did they really kill so many mudslimes?
>>
i thought it was alright. the denouement was super great, but the action was filmed too much like a spectacle. the characters didn't feel distinct enough - when two of them died at the end i wasn't actually sure which two it was until they showed the other four together.

my favorite scene was when the Delta guys were throwing Glen's body off the roof, and Jack freaked out at them - very real and intense moment.
>>
>>70102308

of coursh
>>
>>70102393

yeah the characters all seemed to be the same cookie-cutter spec-ops muscular jocks, i couldn't even remember their names
>>
>random Mudslimes exploding despite being merely shot by small arms, every few seconds
Kept me wondering aloud what the fuck was going on until someone reminded me that it was a Michael Bay flick.
>>
Why is the white guy called Tyrone
>>
>>70104451
same reason my FiL is called Leroy. Bad parents.
>>
it only pulled in $52 million domestically.
Civil war made over a billion.

Men in tights made more money then actual american heroes story.
>>
>>70105607
this comment, and fact make me euphoric
>>
>>70104451
The part was written for Martin Lawrence.
>>
>>70105663
this movie estimated budget was $50 million meaning it only grossed 2 million profit.
>>
File: 1462149967148.gif (3 MB, 800x708) Image search: [Google]
1462149967148.gif
3 MB, 800x708
>>70101939
It was a story that needed to be told, should have definitely put out who was responsible for not sending any support though

I can't wait for you edgelords to start shitposting about muh bulletcatching oil mercenaries
>>
>>70105742
People are already doing that. They won't even see the movie because they think it's "American propaganda".
>>
>>70105885

and now its hit the net in hd so millions will watch it.
>>
>>70105742
>who was responsible for not sending any support though

>he actually bought into the propaganda

it was all just there to make the movie more dramatical, the real CIA chief said there was never a stand-down order and air support would have been there too late

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/movies/former-benghazi-cia-chief-slams-13-hours-secret-soldiers-benghazi-n497506

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2016/01/outstandown-nonsense-0
>>
>>70101939
>was better than I expected
>based bay
ITT: human refuse
>>
I'm pretty sure they could have got air support there, just political reasons why they didn't', planes can fly and fuel in mid air.
>>
>>70106622

Shit was better than most would expect, though. Maybe still not up to par for you, but not Transformers tier.

10x more watchable than American Sniper for me.
>>
>>70104451
The name Tyrone is originally Irish. Stephen Colbert's middle name is Tyrone.
>>
>MUH DEMOCRACY IN LIBYA
They shouldn't have been there in the first place.
Gaddafi was an alright guy.
>>
File: 1343863332348.jpg (23 KB, 447x329) Image search: [Google]
1343863332348.jpg
23 KB, 447x329
>>70106801
>Gaddafi was an alright guy.
>>
>>70106801
>>70106859

they actually showed some live footage from his execution along with admitting the cia having an active black ops compound.
>>
what would the costs be to actually fuel up 2 f-16's to do a low fuck you fly by over liba and what would the geo-political ramifications be.
>>
>>70106801
>They shouldn't have been there in the first place.
This, we need to stop fucking with the middle East. Every time we topple a dictator the Islamist extremists take over and make everything even worse.
>Gaddafi was an alright guy.
Let's not go that far, anon. Libya has gotten even worse since his death but that doesn't change the fact that he was a horrible human being. g
>>
>>70102393

Thats because you didnt pay attention.

It was clear that it was both Rone and the guy who flew in from Tripoli.

>hurr durr Im retarded so it sucks

Why is this a repeating theme on /tv/?
>>
>>70106722
problem with this movie is, somehow USA would like to be whore and virgin in the same time.

That site was CIA black-ops site, put there to destabilize the country(to help put in power people who would listen to USA).
If AfriCon didn't knew there was a base, well, I honestly believe that in Pentagon, in think-tank one of the solutions was to just glass whole place up(and later on just blame it on Libyans, it wouldn't be so hard, scratch that, they wouldn't even acknowledge that there was any base).

Also, im from Croatia, air support would come in less than ~30 minutes(F16), if there was actual will to do so, but , US gov weren't officially there.
I hate how they always make CIA as bad guys, and I feel no sympathy for operators(i feel simphaty for their families), whit so many small children(and 15 years of active duty on frontlines/hotspots they should know better when to quit, if you survive more than 5 years of constant frontline and dont retire, you just asking for it because no matter how much training is invested in you, at the end of the day its just luck)
>>
>>70106583
>http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/movies/former-benghazi-cia-chief-slams-13-hours-secret-soldiers-benghazi-n497506

Wow ''''''''''''BOB''''''''''''' the civilian cunt who was depicted as being a useless bureaucrat refutes his portrayal

Big news there

As for your second '''source'''

> In a campaign in which a reality television star can masquerade as a politician, spout gibberish and be taken seriously

Nice rag you're running there Mr. Goldberg
>>
>>70107544

the male lead claimed he had 11 active duty operations go successfully, this being his 12th.
seeing as they were a firesquad trained together as well they obivously had been in the game for a long time. the movie even highlights how difficult it is for these guys to exit this lifestyle while raising a family and having a mortgage.
>>
>>70102393

The two delta guys showing up randomly made absolutely no fucking sense to me. Who were they and where did they come from?
>>
>>70108927
>Who were they and where did they come from?
That's the whole point of Delta Force.

They came from the outpost in Tripoli, which they were probably guarding. Read the book Inside Delta Force. Delta spends a lot of time hiding in the shadows guarding political figures.
>>
>>70109476

I don't remember them being introduced early on, but maybe I just paying attention. I thought the story was written to have those guys just sort of walk in from the street or something, which made no sense.
>>
>>70109694
As Glen Doherty and his team were getting ready to leave Tripoli, two guys showed up and said "We're Delta." and they rode with Glen to the Annex. When they got to the Annex they told the Chief "We're Delta, and we're tasked with destruction of sensitive information." so I'm guessing the CIA or their team leader or someone specifically ordered those two guys to catch a ride with Glen and make it to Benghazi.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 647x594) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 647x594
>2016
>Watching and believing Michael "propagandist" Bay

Any movie with props and sets given to the director by the American military are basically fiction.

Very similar to the way the Nazi regime used motion pictures as a way to distribute propaganda to the masses.
>>
File: jen.jpg (15 KB, 236x358) Image search: [Google]
jen.jpg
15 KB, 236x358
>haha wow Jim.. I mean Jack! haha! ! It must've been super awkward working with my ex-fiance! I hope he didn't try to bully you too much!
>>
File: 1444866166543.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1444866166543.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>Dying to protect Democrat political appointees
>>
>>70102308
They killed about 100, so yeah.
>>
>>70101939
When they're at the consulate building and most of the 17 Feb guys ran off, who were the Libyans who came to help (like the fat dude in the white shirt firing his Kalashnikov with one hand)? Were they just civilians that came to help, or were they part of another militia or what?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.