[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that scar was a civil rights hero that made life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_16562-images(2)2080817198.jpg (24 KB, 499x614) Image search: [Google]
tmp_16562-images(2)2080817198.jpg
24 KB, 499x614
Daily reminder that scar was a civil rights hero that made life equitable for the oppressed hyenas. Mufasa was an evil tyrant that had taken the habitable land over while the poor hyenas were literally starving to death. Scar was absolutely justified in killing Mufasa no doubt about it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bby_g2nBeGQ
>>
Same thing with Sauron and the orcs in Lord of the Rings. Its interesting that when revolutions don't win in stories the people that took part in them in stories are grotesque, evil caricatures
>>
were your parents malcom-x followers nigger?
>>
>>70101737
revolutions are almost always bad, desu
>>
>>70100909
But he made it stop raining.
>>
>>70100909
>implying revolutions don't just open the doors to extremists. like Scar
>>
>>70102539
this
>hey mexibros how do you want your country
>hey brazilbros how do you want your country
>>
>>70102539
Except when they win, then they're heroes who topples the evil government even after blowing up a space station with millions of people on it in a suicide attack
>>
The hyenas were outside of the kingdom. Mufasa had no jurisdiction there which is why he told Simba not to go out there. He had no responsibility to make sure the Hyenas ate.
>>
the politics of this movie always baffled me. it's monarchistic, even fascistic

I guess it proves for me what I suspect, that people are essentially fascist and monarchist. when it's their team, and things gratify their own sensibilities, then they start to unquestioningly revert to the worship of strong Heroes and Icons for their team (for instance, see popist progressives with their Beyonce worship "YASSS QUEEEEN")

or look at the deference and hero worship in hip hop

also, women. women are socially minded so they seemingly support whatever message their peer group is going with - be it social democracy, traditionalism, fascism, feminism, etc, but won't go beyond to uncomfortably beyond that because difficult ideas, not directed comfortably through group discussion, is not their terrain

and yet, underneath it, women are inherently fascist. they naturally defer to the people with social power, especially men... they only reward pure and uncompromising strength in men and can only react to weakness with contempt and disgust. even if they might be progressive on the surface, or in their speech, their actions are fascist

and, yeah, this movie is fucked up as hell, you might even legitimately say 'problematic', but reality/nature is 'problematic', and there's no undoing it
>>
Hyenas = muslims
Scar = Merkel
Mufasa = Trump
>>
>>70102864
that's the movies, though, in real life it's just a transference of the power to new hands with a false cause attached to it.

also, this:
>>70102795
>>
>>70102939
Fucking american, stop making every situation revolve around your country

Mufasa = Orban
>>
>>70102858
what?
>>
>>70102889
It's called romanticizing things, you negroturd
>>
File: 18549599.jpg (229 KB, 789x800) Image search: [Google]
18549599.jpg
229 KB, 789x800
>>70102985
>>
>>70102988
a lot of things can be romanticized, and I like romanticism because it acknowledges people's savage and irrational nature

it's just, with the movie's whole feel-good, 'ethnic' style that really appeals to progressive types, it's funny that the story is essentially about social darwinism and fascism
>>
>>70103082
Newsflash: people are stupid
They don't care that the world was objectively a shittier place in the past with autocratic kings and no modern technology
Why do you think old people always keep talking about the "good ol' days"?
Also, it's a children's movie
You may as well nitpick Pocahontas
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.