[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ROOTS (2015 REMAKE) TO SHOW ON MEMORIAL DAY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: Roots remake.png (588 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
Roots remake.png
588 KB, 618x412
>Time to mark your calendars

Episode 1: Monday May 30
Episode 2: Tuesday May 31
Episode 3: Wednesday June 1
Episode 4: Thursday June 2
>>
File: True because its real.png (38 KB, 482x649) Image search: [Google]
True because its real.png
38 KB, 482x649
http://www.avclub.com/review/history-channels-roots-remake-worthy-if-familiar-j-237384#comment-2697860415

>Just because the original source material comes from a fictional book doesn't lessen its message
>>
>>70098521
>History Channel
>Supports historical revisionism
>>
>>70098442
Doesn't that show star mostly black people? What about the Asians? Asians are severely underrepresented in this show, I demand they cast more Asians. I'm going to start a petition and a Facebook campaign.
>>
A P O L O G I Z E
>>
>>70098442
piss off toby
>>
>>70098442

If you watch it in reverse it has a happy ending!
>>
KUNTA
>>
>>70098442
slavekino is back
>>
So how are they going to tie BLM we dindu nuffin into this?
>>
File: 1384525495001.jpg (35 KB, 279x318) Image search: [Google]
1384525495001.jpg
35 KB, 279x318
>episode 3
>deshawn finds out he is actually the descendent of a kidnapped egyptian prince
>returning to his homeland, he explores the great pyramid and finds a portrait in his exact likeness
>his egyptian guides immediately bow before him
>he's declared pharaoh of the new jackson dynasty
>as he takes his ancestral throne the pyramids rise atop hyperdrive engines
>cries of "THAS RIIIIIGHT" as his black courtiers ascend to live eternal with nubians of yore, like tupac, george washington carver, beethoven and edward the confessor
>>
>>70098442

Do they all get sent back to Africa this time?

If they don't, then I'm not watching...
>>
>Memorial Day
>watching Rootz instead of the shit tons of WW2 movies
>>
File: 465435786975864.jpg (11 KB, 270x240) Image search: [Google]
465435786975864.jpg
11 KB, 270x240
>saw a commercial for this the other day
>big list of like 20 names of the actors in the show
>don't recognize a single name other than Forest Whitaker and Morpheus
>>
I remember reading the book literal decades ago as a kid at my aunts house in Atlanta, reading the forward where Hayley swears he tracked his ancestry back to Kangz
>>
Now that was got all the "we wuz kingz" and "didn du nuthins" from /pol/ dumped into the thread, what's /tv/'s honest opinion on this?
>>
File: Lao Yang laying down the truth.jpg (717 KB, 1856x3160) Image search: [Google]
Lao Yang laying down the truth.jpg
717 KB, 1856x3160
>>
>Haley also criticized his detractors' reliance upon written records in their evaluation of his work, contending that such records were "sporadic" and frequently inaccurate with regard to such data as slave births and ownership transactions. Haley asserted that for African-American genealogy, "well-kept oral history is without question the best source."

WE
>>
>>70101504
That it's a unnecessary remake to cash in on the ''we wuz kangz'' and ''dindu nuffins'' that dominates media today.
>>
>>70101579
>Donald R. Wright, a historian of the West African slave trade, found that elders and griots in the Gambia could not provide detailed information on people living before the mid-19th century. However, everyone had heard of Kunta Kinte. Apparently, Haley had told his story to so many people that his own "family history" had been assimilated into the oral traditions of the Gambia. Haley had created a case of circular reporting, in which his own words were repeated back to him.

WUZ
>>
Will it have hot nigger bitches?
>>
the actress with Ghan is pretty. is this a 3 or 4 parter?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.