[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quality Shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 480x320
Can anyone recommend shows that belong on HBO but aren't?
>>
>>70088609
Aren't... ?
>>
mad men
house of cards
>>
>>70088629
They are good enough to be on HBO but they are on another channel
>>
>>70088732

The Americans
>>
>>70088721
Both terrible. Especially HoC.

Also now HBO is complete shit so anything shit belongs there
>>
>>70088609
The Knick
>>
>>70089045
It might as well be since HBO owns them.
>>
Louie
>>
>>70088732
Black Sails
>>
Horace and Pete - Innovative, great writing and a quality drama. Small in scope for HBO perhaps.
Better Call Saul - Beautifully filmed and great writing. Slightly lacks the HBO grandiose overtones.
Mad Men - This is a HBO drama without the cursing and tits.

>What doesn't belong on HBO (anymore)
Game of Thrones - It has become a tired and cliché-filled show relying on shock value and pandering to the le-popculture-nerd crowd
>>
>>70089903
>Small in scope for HBO perhaps.
>Slightly lacks the HBO grandiose overtones.

You know HBO has plenty of smaller productions. Not all of their shows are like The Sopranos or Game of Thrones.
>>
File: 1455711364084.jpg (232 KB, 400x512) Image search: [Google]
1455711364084.jpg
232 KB, 400x512
>>70088609
Literally nobody has seen this. Legal drama from Sidney Lumet. Really gritty and authentic, has a really vibrant NYC atmosphere, classy filmmaking, smooth jazz soundtrack, subtle writing with moral depth and insightful treatment of socio-political themes, shares a lot of themes (and actors) with The Wire. Introduced me to Bobby Cannavale, who's now winning Emmys on HBO. It somehow aired on A&E in the early 2000s, when it belonged on HBO. It was their first and only attempt at prestige dramas before the AMC fad.

I'm a Lumet fan and I think it's one of his best works, but I don't think it has ever been released on DVD or even has torrents available.
>>
>>70089903
What's innovative about Horace and Pete?
>>
Fargo
The Shield
>>
>>70091883
>The Shield
fuck thats the perfect answer
imagine how much better it would've been
>>
The Americans.
Fargo.
Rectify.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.