[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Shows that got ruined by terrible writing & pandering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 21
File: Stephen_Amell.jpg (121 KB, 670x346) Image search: [Google]
Stephen_Amell.jpg
121 KB, 670x346
ITT: Shows that got ruined by terrible writing & pandering to a certain audience.

I will start with the obvious
>Arrow
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 638x428) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 638x428
>>70086439
>>
>>70086439
I think this is pretty much the only real example.
>>
>>70087257
Oh, and maybe Family Matters

https://youtu.be/A5Zdp1RfoyI
>>
File: aLieUts.jpg (561 KB, 1172x1600) Image search: [Google]
aLieUts.jpg
561 KB, 1172x1600
Every show on network television, ever? The medium is the message and medium of network television is shit. The idea of a good TV show is like trying to bite your own teeth or clap with one hand.
>>
>Watches a daytime soap opera with a light dusting of capeshit over the top
>complains when they cater to their main audience
>>
>>70086439
Sherlock.
Fuck you Moffat.
>>
>>70086439
People will say Supernatural but I don't see it. It's a fairly consistent, comfy background show.
>>
>watches CW show
>complains about it being for women.
>>
>>70087593
Isn't every season the same thouhg? One of them returns from hell or superhell and then is all brooding and then they cry at each other about secrets and at the end one of them falls into another hell superhell.
>>
>>70087629
Same general idea, differing execution. It got terrible at around season seven with the leviathans, but that wasn't pandering at all, just bad writing. The Felicia Day character was pretty bad because of pandering, but she honestly wasn't that important and didn't make the whole show's quality drop too much.
>>
File: 1461324019312.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1461324019312.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>70087795
That is when I dropped the show.
When they killed Bobby
I know death means nothing and he later came back as a ghost or some shit but I stopped caring.
Now Arrow was never that good and is almost better now as a comedy.
>>
>>70086439
Moffat has done this to Sherlock and Doctor Who. Doctor Who was always a quirky and campy show, but the show turned into Tumblr incarnate under Moffat. It is unbearable now. That Mary Sue, River Song, is the embodiment of the show right now. Sherlock also seems to be on a downward trajectory. That Christmas Special was just plain bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 690x255) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 690x255
>>70087540
>its a Shelock is ok with murder because the killers are women episode
>>
>>70087386

Some people consider CW capeshit good. Crazy shit. Arrow's just so bad at the moment that even the general audience who eat shit for breakfast can see it.
>>
>>70086439
What happened?
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2856x4284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2856x4284
>>70087972
>we must protect women who kill white males
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>70088273
Show is only adapting to current times, after all nowadays is no a crime if it's done by women towards men.
>>
>>70087593
I preferred the "monster of the week" style over what's going on now.

I am so fucking tired of this heaven hell and end of the world bullshit, it was ok for one season, but get over it. Oh and I dropped the show as soon as I saw that they reused the same idea of one ending up in hell, fuck this shit. And all this homolust shit going on, that's pure tumblr pandering.
>>
>>70088080
They reduced the arrow to a supporting character, and made Felicity the main protagonist of the show, she suddenly has a mother, a father , a gay friend, and is the CEO of the Arrows company, She and her friends had more screentime, than Oliver and his crew in ses 4
>>
>>70088413

I think Supernatural got consistently better until S6, but you can argue S3 was better than 4. The whole drinking blood shit and Ruby was weak. Another show that has been terrible longer than it was good. Does that make it overall shit now? Have a nostalgia trip, anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm_XxDpvu2g
>>
>>70087864
See, around here is when I dropped Arrow. Watched it until the midseason break this season and just never had the interest to come back. It seems interesting as a comedy anyway.
>>
>>70088413
>all this homolust shit going on
Like what honestly? Dean and Cas? Because even that is just the western equivalent of fujoshi and their ability to see gay in everything. There's nothing that honestly seems gay among any main characters that I've seen, besides maybe Crowley's jokes.
>>
>>70088697
Wincester? More like, Wincest.

I cringe how much they just cry at each other... YOU MY BRUH RUH, I LOVE U BRUH. It's shit and it loses value when you get it every ep.
>>
>>70086439
This show is a comedy now
In the few scenes without Felicity
The other characters talk about how strong and independent she is
Laurels dying words was about Felicity
>Ollie...i always loved you..i-im..so...happy..you..found...Felicity..uuuurgh...[sound of heartmonitor flatlining]
>>
Watched the first 2 seasons of Arrow, then dropped it because its shiet. Felicity back then was one of the most hyped characters on the show. What did she do to be hated that much?
>>
>>70088921
She's a Mary Sue, when she's on screen she does everything and resolves anything, on the rare as fuck case she isn't on screen everybody still talks about her, how strong she's, how much hope she gives to everybody, etc
>>
>>70088865
True, but I don't think it's meant to appear gay. OF course tumblr is going to see it like that, but any rational person wouldn't. A bit soppy sure, but there isn't meant to be any subtext.
>>
>>70088921
Honestly, I liked Felicity for the first couple of seasons. Sure she was the "hacker girl" cliche, but she was just a fun addition to the team. She didn't have main character status or anything and was mainly for comic relief, also her crush on Oliver was mainly comedic than for drama, What happened was they said fuck it and just turned the show into a soap opera about her and Oliver. It's kind of ironic, it used to be that she was the light hearted one in the crew who would maintain a positive outlook, but they tried to make her more badass by making her all angsty like Oliver, which for her just made her an unlikable bitch and actually turned her from being a sort of 'badass" who can stay positive in a bad situation into a whiny cunt who seems like she's always on her period.

Honestly her characterization pisses me off more than anything else on television. I remember back when they were covering Deathstroke /tv/ used to like the show and even considered Felicity to be great. She went from being pretty much the only hacker girl that even this board liked into being a whiny annoying bitch who only exists to create love drama.
>>
>>70089277
Honestly I realize I use honestly too much, to be honest.
>>
>>70089277
tumblr couldn't understand they thought her attraction to a hot guy with a six pack was love
>>
>>70087593
that not pandering tho, thats just been dragged on for way to long

All the relationship stuff in the last few seasons of The Office was pretty bad
>>
>>70087596
Flash is OK.
>>
>>70088413
I stopped following after season 5 when it was supposed to end. I felt it finished perfeclty fine and was satisfied, didn't need to go on like it has.
>>
>>70090517
I'm always happy to see people did this, it really was the perfect time to stop watching.
>>
>>70090337
I have a friend who watches it and I have seen a few because of that but it really seems like a show for women.

Its all about balancing emotions. I remember one were they all tried to cheer up flash after something apparently bad happened and then I watched a very recent one and he was apparently too happy and they all were pissed about him being too optimistic.

So to me Flash seems like a "your current emotions are wrong barry" show.
>>
>>70090611
>"your current emotions are wrong barry" show.
It can not be unseen
>>
File: c9lzmv4d3mgzpnyntz7s.jpg (64 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
c9lzmv4d3mgzpnyntz7s.jpg
64 KB, 800x450
This type of cancer.
>>
>>70090611
Fuck you are right, in the last ep
He and Iris could not be toghther because he felt he was in a wrong emotional place after his father died, so he tries to balance it out by going back in time and save his mother...
>>
File: 1279199904473.jpg (28 KB, 390x310) Image search: [Google]
1279199904473.jpg
28 KB, 390x310
>>70086618
I shouldn't laugh at this and yet
>>
>>70090611
>So to me Flash seems like a "your current emotions are wrong barry" show
Holy shit, it's true.
>>
>>70090670
>>70090853
>>70090931
Well I am sure it is a lot more organic in the show.
it were just that the two episodes were the same thing essentially with characters on their own trying to cheer him up or telling him to stop being so happy.
>>
>>70086618
pretty gud

>>70087972
>>70087953

yeah, that pissed me off a lot

>>70090766
I watched it for the 2nd two seasons, but does the dragon lady plot actually go anywhere? I mean the others all kill each other.
>>
>>70087329
>There's people who can't clap with one hand.
>>
>>70087593
For me Supernatural is like It's Always Sunny. It has peaks, but no really intense valleys. Its managed to stay remarkably consistent given its been on for like 12 years.
>>
>>70088511
Mystery Spot is still one of my favourite episodes of any television show, ever. Nails humour, drama, and mystery all at the same time in a way that is rarely done even half as well as it is in the episode.
>>
>>70087864
I dropped it around season 7, but I got back into it a while ago and it actually does significantly pick up again. I think it just took a while for them to figure out what to do with it after the Season 5 finale.
>>
>>70088865
"I do not understand the concept of brotherly love": the post
>>
Am i the only one old enough to remember Sons of Anarchy?

> Good night, sweet Opie
>>
>>70091034
>it were just that the two episodes were the same thing essentially with characters on their own trying to cheer him up or telling him to stop being so happy
This is most episodes. It does come across as more organic, but looking back it seems like this is the main theme in at least 70% of the show.
>>
File: Human_Target_2010_Intertitle.png (252 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
Human_Target_2010_Intertitle.png
252 KB, 624x352
>>70086439
HUMAN TARGET

First Season was super comfy, then they changed the dynamic by putting love interests in the show and the rating dropped.
>>
>>70091035
>but does the dragon lady plot actually go anywhere?
she never stops dragging on. 1 step forward then 2 back
>>
>>70091393
Also every odd episode 1k people bows before her while she walks slowly and looking at everybody like they're shit
>>
>>70091516
a white female saving poor brown people
definitely not pandering to an audience
>>
>>70090766
>By now there isn't one single strong and resolute male hero, they're all wimpy, sad and weak
>Absolutely every woman that appears now in the show is strong, independent medieval lady who needs no men
>>
>>70091516
I really didn't understand the scene were she burned all the horse kings.

I understand she is immune to fire and that she could throw these braziers to the ground and set the hood on fire. But what was stopping them from rushing her and killing her?
Normal horsepeople should've been able to do that and those were the strongest because they were kings.
Drogo couldn't have been killed like that.
>>
>>70086439

Community is the prime example of this
>>
>>70091661
Tyrion, Jon, Jons buddy at the wall with the hair, Tormund and Bronn
>>
>>70091754
>Jon
>Strong, brave
Kek, he's just "I dun want to fight, leave me alone, I dun want to be commander, I dun want to do anything"

>Tyrion
>Strong, brave
Kek

>Bronn
He disappeared, anon
>>
File: 2013.jpg (145 KB, 1153x851) Image search: [Google]
2013.jpg
145 KB, 1153x851
What happened?
>>
>>70092043
>I dun want to fight
He brought all the wildings in so they could fight, he was ready to fight as the commander until they back stabbed him. Now he's going to fight for the North

Tyrion has managed to stay alive with almost literally everyone trying to kill him. He fought when Stannis tried to invade and is one of the smartest people around.
>>
>>70092166
>What happened
Felicity became a fucking awful main oracle like who solves everything ever character, Laurel became a better and more developed character but was now secondary as fuck
>>
>>70091149
Yeah it got pretty terrible, but who would you say that show pandered to, color enthusiasts?

>>70092166
Idiots got what they deserved.
>>
LOST anyone?
>>
>>70086439
Legend of Korra
Supergirl was this from the start
>>
>>70092166
Different writers. They fucked it all up.
>>
File: jessica.jpg (78 KB, 950x632) Image search: [Google]
jessica.jpg
78 KB, 950x632
True Blood felt like they had a completely different group of writers and producers every season after season two.

I still love Jessica though.
>>
>>70092323
>a big character falls passionately in love with a transsexual
I don't know who would you say it pandered to?
>>
>>70092323
>Yeah it got pretty terrible, but who would you say that show pandered to, color enthusiasts?
they did stuff like that, fighting Nazis and teaming up with the blacks to remind you they aren't some white power group
>>
>>70086439
Doctor Who. The show had its low points before throughout the years, but Moffat has made essentially the worst batch of stories since Trial of a Time Lord, but even longer. It's like watching someone look at a long running series and going "Nah that's gay, I can do it a bajilion times better" and make utter shit.

RTD fucked up with 4 and the specials, but at least he had some sort of effort to connect the Doctor properly to the franchise and keep the feeling alive.
>>
>>70092166
laurel used to be a huge bitch in previous seasons. you could say she was right to be angry at oliver because he cheated on her with his sister and got her killed, and her alcoholism made sure that she brought that shit up all the time.

but then laurel came back around while felicity became supreme bitch, constantly crying and bitching about everything oliver did, including lying about having a son despite being told that the mother forbade him from talking about it if he wanted to have any semblance of a relationship with his son.

she also became the savior of team arrow by resolving nearly every conflict, turning the rest of the team into mooks who constantly job to people significantly weaker/worse than them.

and the last half of this past season dealt almost entirely with her family problems. i want to say that like 1/5th of the penultimate episode was dedicated solely to her arguing with her mom and dad, the former being just as annoying as felicity. they even brought back felicity's college boyfriend as the villain's hacker so that he and felicity could have a heart-to-heart even though there were literally thousands of nukes about to destroy the planet in mere minutes.

and then at the very end of the episode she makes stupid quips even though hours earlier she sent tens of thousands of innocent people to their deaths. then as a big fuck you to the viewers, all of the other characters fuck off to other places because they need time or whatever, except felicity. so now we've gone from felicity and friends down to simply felicity and her bitch made orbiter which means even more screen time for felicity.
>>
>>70087972
Moffat does this in Who too.

>Space future police want to kill Hitler
>Doctor calls them monsters
>Female unnecessarily murders innocent people
>Lets get married
>>
>>70086439
I'm so glad I dropped it at season 3, from what I hear it's only been getting worse.
>>
>>70089036
this
>>
>>70088921
>gets shot in spine
>is poor cripple girl for a few episodes
>magically healed

Her plot armor is so thick it can heal paraplegics
>>
>>70089036
Wasn't laurel more? She went to a gym for like 5 minutes and then she was super vigilante. At least that bitch dead now.
>>
>>70093663
that inconsistency was crazy. one episode she is one-punching guys from the league, then she is getting her ass kicked by a random street criminal
>>
>>70093663
>She went to a gym for like 5 minutes and then she was super vigilante
She got her ass handled to her almost every episode, and even if she beat guys out of her league at least she wasn't the one who resolved everything neither the focus of every conversation ever.
>>
>>70092166
She lived long enough to see herself become a Villain
>>
File: korra 3.png (908 KB, 1280x725) Image search: [Google]
korra 3.png
908 KB, 1280x725
Should have stuck with it's original plan of being one season. Instead we got three more seasons, only one which was good and then the writer pander to their tumblr fanbase just like Arrow.
>>
>>70090766
Seasons 5 & 6 went shit after they ran out of the original material.
>>
>>70095201
I never liked steampunk in the first place, it was cringey, especially how they handled them as grown-ups in flashbacks.

Did they tell the truth of Zuko's mother btw?
>>
>>70086439
have only seen flash, is arrow like the green arrow in smallville? might see it if it is
>>
I lost interest in the walking dead because the human drama is 100% shit. It's not that I don't want human drama, but god damn.
Specifically, it annoys me that every single conversation is one of those "tough talks". Where the two participants of the dialogue are hesitant at first, but gradually say what's on their chest. All they do is reinforce each other about how rough life is. It's like they have a constant competition about who has the toughest shit on their plate. Everyone is feeling sorry for themselves and for others.
The world has gone to shit- of course I would expect some moody dialogue, but TWD has gotten to the point that it is not even realistic human interaction anymore. Even when times are shit, people resort to stupid shit like drinking, laughing together. But no, none of that stuff. It's one big fucking soap. And the one thing that gets on my nerves the most are the "tantrums" some characters have. Where they are angry and resort to futile and self-destructive behavior, like letting the zombies in CUZ NOTHING MATTERS NO MORE :'(
Which is an obvious, low an cheap method of attempting to create emotional depth. I am so done with this fucking show
>>
>>70095829
the comic handled it a lot better
>>
>>70095756
The Arrow goes from psycho killer, that just muders people on a list his father wrote, to being a betamale cuck, that is controled by his woman and act like a soccermom, having dinner partys and talking about dessert recepies, he even looses his billion dollar company and becomes broke, Felicity now is CEO of that company and supplies him with tech, she was just the IT consyltant there in ses 1
>>
>>70095756
Season 1 is wonky season 2 is actually good, season 3 takes a huge nosedive and season 4 surprised everyone because it got even worse.
>>
>>70096123
Why don't people like season 1? I think it was the best. Darkest tone, best mystery atmosphere, best fight coreography and so on. Ollie was a psycho killer, the Island segments were appropriate.
>>
File: 1439817660381.png (53 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1439817660381.png
53 KB, 1200x800
>>70096270
I like season 1. But it took a little while to get in a good groove and become good.
Season 2 was overall better.

Now season 3 and 4 were dogshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 1101x1077) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 1101x1077
>>70092166
Be careful what you wish for... It might come true
>>
File: Guggenheim is Bane.jpg (143 KB, 594x396) Image search: [Google]
Guggenheim is Bane.jpg
143 KB, 594x396
>"Do you feel in charge?"
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>70095300
The only good thing about Korra was the animation and music. I agree that they should have stuck to the same type of setting as the original series.

As for Zuko's mother, that story got resolved in a spin-off comic series.
>>
How depressed do you guys think that Amell is these days? He used to be so excited about this show but now he just seems dead inside. I think he knows exactly how bad this show has become.
>>
File: that feel.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
that feel.png
80 KB, 500x421
>>70097064
He's signed up for 7 seasons. I feel bad for the dude, he could have a movie career going for him in the future, but he's stuck on this shit show
>>
>>70097342
I personally don't care about the turtle movie he's in but i hope it goes well so that at least he has something positive in his life. I liked the first 2 seasons of arrow but now it's just depressing.
>>
>>70092247
He just wants to feel persecuted by Game of Thrones. I bet you that if Blackwater Bay only happened this season, people would accuse of the show pushing literal cuck propaganda with Salador Sam. GoT's quality has clearly declined,imo, but I think a lot of the hate for it here is because REEEEEEEE NORMIES.
>>
>>70097342
hey it still pays the bills
>>
>>70098636
GoT was mainstream ever since season 1.
You have no proof for your stupid projection here.
>>
>>70086439
agree it went way downhill.
But idk how they pandered towards the audience when it all the posts from the fans is how much the want to see felicity gone, along with myself.
>>
>>70099177
It only exploded in popularity after season 3 though.
>>
>>70093157
>season 5
incredible
>season 6
still quite good
>season 7
pretty solid
>season 8
JUST
>season 9
eh
>>
>>70099359
Shouldn't he have hated it then in season 4 and not season 6 which is the current one?
>>
>>70098944
But comes with the risk of him being too heavily associated with that role and people might start seeing him as a bad actor just because the script and direction is bad. That sadly happens to a lot of good actors.
>>
>>70099393
Wew I'm happy I just watched the 9th and 10th Doctors's run then.
>>
>>70099393
they could have done something great with capaldi, seeing as he's a good actor, but was just shit
>>
File: heroes.png (110 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
heroes.png
110 KB, 310x163
It's a little old now but it still applies how for some unknown reason such a great start went to complete garbage writing
>>
>>70087972
>a war is coming
>a war we must lose
>because women

It was just so hamfisted, it hurt.
My little sis loved it though, to no surprise. So it has it's audience, I suppose.
>>
>>70099177
>stupid projection
In every GoT general you get a lot of /pol/JWs who think that literally everythimg in the show is meant to drive a feminist agenda and that bad things only happen to male characters. Which like sure, I dislike a lot of the development of the story but I don't see the agenda.
>>
>>70099881
Okay first of all you need to kill yourself for even going into a /tv/ general thread.
Not kidding order a helium tank right now.

Second nothing you said suggest they hate it because it got popular.
In fact it was pretty much popular from the get go.
They think it got worse because they are pandering to some audience.
You think it got worse without any reason.
I really don't give a fuck
>>
>>70099641
Not because pandering to a certain audience though
>>
>>70087593
It's not that the show is awful, it's just safe, boring and they ran out of ideas 5 years ago
>>
>>70099881
>giving Sansa the plotlines of both Stannis and Jon
>making Brienne an unkillable machine with plot GPS
>giving Dany an immunity to fire, even though the scene in season 1 ought to be a "one-time thing"
>>
I just watched the season finale of Arrow and goddamn I didn't think Felicity could get even more annoying
>Felicity, Merlin and others track down her ex who's sending the nukes
>Turns out he has a bullet in him and Dark is forcing him to send the nukes by torturing him
>"I NEED A MINUTE ALONE WITH HIM"
>"Felicity, it would be the easiest thing in the world to just pull him away from the keyboard. I mean he's practically bleeding to death, and we don't have time-
>"GET OUT NOW, I NEED TO SPEAK TO HIM ALONE"
>Wastes precious time on touchy feely speech
>Afterwards "WE ONLY HAVE THREE MINUTES!!!"
Why does everyone fucking obey every single goddamn thing she says? For fucks sake, Merlin listened to her too and left, even though his character would have just shot the hacker right then and there.
>>
File: 1463010788047.jpg (232 KB, 834x769) Image search: [Google]
1463010788047.jpg
232 KB, 834x769
>>70090766
>Watching this show go from good to terrible

>GrrM will die before he finishes the books

>The only ending I'll have will be this fempire garbage

At least I have The Wheel of Time
>It's about the fall of the matriarchy instead of its rise

I'm excited that it's getting its own show
>>
>>70099953
Literally complaining how the show got ruined by "normies" isn't saying that it's bad because it's popular?. I'm not talking about the guy in this thread specifically but a bunch of people in the GoT generals constantly get triggered about "normies" watching the show.
>>
>>70097064
I saw some screencaps of him responding to criticism and you can just tell he hates what the show has become
>Hey guys, I'm thinking of a secret wrestling move! Help give me a name for it
>How about the arrow season 3, because it makes everyone lose the will to continue
>.....C'mon man
>>
>>70100228
I'm sure none of the cast are in denial about the show anymore. Guggenshit needs to be stopped
>>
>>70100190
>I'm not talking about the guy in this thread specifically
>He just wants to feel persecuted by Game of Thrones
Uh huh.

I am not even that guy. I really don't give a fuck about how bad or not bad GoT

Just hate your fucking ideology filled posts and shit.
You are just as bad as the people you hate so much. Sadly you can't see it.
>>
>>70100284
It must be beyond frustrating knowing it's shit, but not being able to do a goddamn thing because of the writers
>>
>>70100335
I just hope the felicty blowjobs are worth our suffering.
>>
>>70100284
I wonder if felicity's actress realizes that her character is killing the show. That must feel awful.
>>
>>70100114
Brienne has been established as a competent fighter and she hasn't faced totally unrealistic odds in the show. They made Sam Tarly kill a fucking White Walker and he's survived worse than Brienne despite being a fat shit. Same with Tyrion.
>>
>>70096941
Music was goat. I actually have a CD.

>>70095201
I agree. Season 1 was enjoyable, but dammit, they ruined Bolin's potential. In the opening episodes they showed him as suave with the ladies and then had him as a hopeless cuck by the end of it.

The story of the first bender was good.
>>
>>70100284
there's a pic from an AMA when Ollie gets called on it turning to shit and he just say's "c'mon man"
>>
>>70100394
She must be pretty good at them, considering she's always running her mouth
>>
>>70100470
Yeah you're talking about the facebook post this guy was talking about
>>70100228

He asked about name suggestions for a finishing move to WWE and it went like that guy said. WWE is something that still makes him happy i guess. Poor guy.
>>
>>70100292
Well, maybe I was too accusatory too, I'm sorry for that. It's just that I dislike seeing people completely cherrypick character deaths and then pretend that no important female characters die in the show. This is why the last episode was like the only ep out of this entire season where people actually talked about things other than whether it was hidden feminist agenda or not. Granted, the show is more and more shifting in the direction of generic fantasy with set "heroes" and I don't fancy that very much.
>>
>>70100692
I don't know the show has shifted tone.
I wouldn't call it a feminist agenda but you can't tell me it came natural when they invented a reason for the dothraki to not touch dany.
I distinctly remember other dothraki telling her that she ain't shit the moment drogo dies in the earlier seasons.

I think it is just hamfisted. They can't write a strong female character without having a weak male next to it as a comparison.
If anything they are the misogynists.
The more obvious answer is just that they are not good writers.

How many times did they have lines like "oh you were thinking I was talking about a man" "I didn't say he/him/his" "but we are not men"

It is not how I understand feminism so I wouldn't call it feminism.
Again just horrible writing.
I definitely understand what they are complaining about.
>>
>>70100445
Epic cherrypicking my lad, but it still doesn't explain how she got this close to the Winterfell without being detected/caught, survived through the entire battle and then had the perfect coordinates to find barely alive Stannis, despite around 1500 dead bodies. Not to mention she used "repel" on Ramsay's dogs.
>>
>>70100170
Gender politics will either be removed from WOT entirely, or reversed. RJ's are too problematic for TV in the current year.
>>
>Watching doctor who
>Alien race become refugees on earth
>Some become terrorists and use a copy of ISIS logo
>"THEY AREN'T ALL BAD PEOPLE"

stopped there, apparently theres good stuff afterwards but I can't be fucking bothered anymore
>>
>>70100170
Me to Ann but cone now. The women inn the book are stubborn pigheaded bullies who push through their agendas right or wrong. How much you want to bet the series women will be written as powerhouse goddesses who can do no wrong and are constantly saving the mren. Makes me sick thinking about how their going to cuck up mats character
>>
>>70101116
>>70101097
Robert tells it how it is though. I hate the woman characters, but it's a good (even if accidental) representation of how matriarchy functions (since that is where the west seems headed).

Women being bossy, sassy, and stubborn even when wrong or completely uninformed is becoming increasingly common as affirmative action hiring and promotions happen.

I hope they do it correctly. If they're fans of the series, surely they understand his intent. You can't misconstrue 14 books of behavior

Thread here
>>70100617
>>
>>70100896
The Priestess acene in the last ep had what you said, but that was kinda neutral. As far as other things go, yeah, I think rhe Sand snakes scene was like this. With Dany they're having a real hard time figuring out what to do with her character. You know what's funny? Those scenes in Meereen when people started revolting against her for not being able to control the city were the most interesting part of ger arc because it would've meant that she should've for the first time had to make hard choices in her rule or to kill people she was going to liberate. But of course, she's whisked away by a Plot device machine and le conspiring midget is the one making a compromise on behalf of Daenerys.
>>
>>70091035
>does the dragon lady plot actually go anywhere

Anon, we're 6 seasons in now, come on...

She's STILL here, send help
>>
>>70101250
>Things turn out well for Dany-not because of her intelligence or planning, but because outside events give her a happy ending

The worst part is that they think it's self-insert female empowerment-but it's her riding bullshit plot devices like you said
>>
>>70090766
>rewatching season 1
>realize how low the show has fallen
>no Bobby B banter
>no complicated wars with real stakes
>instead we have 'le evil man Ramsay'
>>
>>70101115
There isn't. The rest of the season was complete shite, except for the penultimate episode. I say that as an avid fan who loves the episodes of the Sixth Doctor and loyal BF audio drama customer.

In the final episode, the Doctor shoots the old Time Lord General (Ken Bones, seen in the 50th Anniversary Special) lethally, in order to distract the other Time Lords on his heels, who then proceed to see to ease the General's regeneration. The General had done NOTHING wrong to the Doctor. He even aided his escape.
When the former old bald white man got back up, he had regenerated into a butch black woman with a buzz cut. And she proceeded to haughtily chide her last incarnation for its ego. "Glad that life's over. Male ego, soooo distracting."
>>
>>70101462
The worst part is that Cersei, while a conniving bitch, is still much more relatable than Dany because things don't just magically work in her favor and she has to make compromises. Dany has pretty much gotten her way consistently since she started to enjoy getting fucked in the ass by Drogo and it's boring because there's no conflict.
>>
>>70086439
It was always terrible. It had potential, but then it NEVER got better.
>>
File: iw.jpg (12 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
iw.jpg
12 KB, 276x183
Uncanny resemblence, brilliant casting
>>
>>70102009
She is quite sexy though.
>>
>>70101884
I was noticing this as well.

Also, Varys and Tyrion are now the Meme-Team.

I can't elucidate it well, but it has something to do with how Tyrion isn't taken seriously while Varys is
>>
>>70102009
I usually get bothered with forced diversity in TV shows but the guy playing Joe West is actually a pretty decent actor unlike the rest of the CW diversity quota actors, so this doesn't annoy me. She's a terrible actress but at least she's hot.
>>
>>70102290
>I'm mentally ill and hate myself starter pack
>>
>>70096396
This is why I hate shows that get hyped by new fans. IF people I hate talk about a show then I know its not wort to give it a try.
>>
>>70102586
>Use this system for movies and shows
>The more it works the more jaded I become
>>
>>70102763
It's like you know me. Heck Most of my shows are still on the air.

House of lies
Fargo
The man in the high castle
Vikings
Vinyl
>>
>>70103257
Get audible
Buy a bunch of the 3 credit packs
Get the wheel of Time books

It's gonna be comfy. Work up to listening to them at 2x speed.

I don't watch much TV because I'm busy with work and training.

I'm mostly catching up on old kino or watching stuff with my fiance
>Boston Legal
>JoJo
>John C. Riley's stuff
>>
>>70086439
how can you ruin something that was shit from the very get go?

the whole premise was garbage. you are garbage
>>
>>70102009
I mean, if you're gonna pick on Flash for casting choices, why not start with the manlet in the lead role?
>>
>>70103507
>Work up to listening to them at 2x speed.

What?
How can you do that?
What software on Android?
(No audible I pirate)
>>
>>70102009
I didn't even know that the West family was supposed to be white. That's how natural and unforced it felt.
>>
>>70103641
Audible app is free. You might be able to run the files in them (my friend did this) You can adjust the speed in the app. As far as others, check APK for a replacement app

Should be easy to pirate, and I'm sure there is an APK app that will let you use the pirated books. Literally Google them.

I buy them for ease of use and because I'd like to contribute to them, but the pirates should be out there-and I recommend you listen at any cost
>>
>>70100120
>Why does everyone fucking obey every single goddamn thing she says?
Because she's so strong and independent and gives eveybody hope with her godness.... She's Mary Sue
Bitch started out as Arrows IT consultant, and is now the CEO of his familys multi billion dollar company
Ollie dont even have any family left but his sister, Felicity has a mom and dad a gay friend and the all have plots and storylines, Felicity and friends take up 60% of the shows runtime, so she's actualy the main character and protagonist now... Fucking crazy
>>
>>70105151
The show is just awful. Plot lines aren't even making sense
>Oliver lost his multi billion dollar company because he was too busy as the Arrow to show up to important meetings
>He decides to run for mayor, and can't even finish the goddamn campaigning process because of him needing to do shit as the arrow
>Gets sworn into office as the mayor at the end of the season
Is he magically going to have time to be the goddamn mayor of the city?
>>
>>70105286
>he magically going to have time to be the goddamn mayor of the city?
He will become the Mayor and Felicity will hack the chip in her spine, giving her super Ninja arrow skills, and she will pick on the Mantel of being the Arrow while Ollie runs the city
>>
>>70105449
breh, I predicted Pink Arrow months ago
>>
>>70093157
Once we've suffered through season 10 we're done with Moffat and get the Torchwood showrunner instead, so things are looking up
>>
>>70087596
>CW starts reaching to male audiences for the first time in a decade
>Gets good ratings because of said audience
>Alienates said audience with Guggie.
>>
>>70087329
this guy knows
+ the only good season possible is season 1 because creators can't fucking invigorate
>>
>>70106455
It makes me sad thinking about how Arrow used to have Oliver not taking shit from anyone. Now anyone with a vagina, especially felicity, is 100% right, there's no arguing against them, and Oliver should be ashamed for opposing them
>>
File: 1460084414648.jpg (159 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
1460084414648.jpg
159 KB, 621x621
>>70101770
>>
File: 1368807168963.jpg (1 MB, 2948x1876) Image search: [Google]
1368807168963.jpg
1 MB, 2948x1876
Basically every CW show ever?

I'm still mad/sad about The Vampire Diaries. I love the first three seasons then it just fell off after that point and turned to massive shit. The dumb tumblr shipping is pure cancer.
>>
>>70107644
How can you even sit down and watch a show about two gayboys hovering around some woman without being a gayboy or woman?
>>
>>70099393
>season 5
Mediocre with one of the shittiest finales
>season 6
Redundant bullshit
>Season 7
Even more redundant bullshit that can't even get its own mythos right, I quit here
>>
>>70107810
Guilty pleasure type of thing. I only watch it at this point just to see how it's gonna end.
>>
>>70107644
The 100 took a big hit in ratings for not pandering
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.