[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you understand this scene?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: 20_The-Last-Samurai.jpg (89 KB, 615x462) Image search: [Google]
20_The-Last-Samurai.jpg
89 KB, 615x462
do you understand this scene?
>>
>>70083949
I haven't seen it but I assume honor is involved
>>
>>70084015
>I haven't seen it
>>
>>70083949
Yeah. Didn't care for the movie though.
>>
>>70084042
Rude
>>
What is there to understand? It's pretty straight forward.
>>
something about sticks I guess
>>
>>70083949
>white man kills Japanese woman's husband
>can't speak the language so they can barely even communicate
>she STILL ends up falling in love with him and even her fucking sons end up looking up to the man who killed their father as some sort of a role model
say whatever you want about how black men with white women is being forced, there has never ever been racial cuckoldry of this magnitude with a white woman and non-white man in any film
>>
Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Japan. I was schooled in martial arts. I was given the title of master. They take a movie “The Last Samurai.” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little guy, whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never been to Japan. He doesn’t speak Japanese. He has never held a sword. They make him the Last Samurai. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.
>>
>inb4 virgin janitor deletes another on topic thread
>>
>>70084167
>Cuck
>literally my waifu sons
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
did you understand this scene?
>>
>>70084167

except she didn't fall in love with him and there was never any physical affection
>>
>>70084498
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>70084604
The movie. He's talking about the movie. The one you didn't bother to watch (or were too engrossed with your phone apps to pay attention to).
>>
>>70084604

She doesn't fall in love with Cruise's character R-tard, she just ends up accepting him as part of the clan, like EVERYONE else. There's no indication of either character falling in love with each other and there's never any physical encounter between the two.
>>
>>70084678
>>70084657
>>
>>70083949
That Japan is an inferior culture and no wonder they were easily taken over
>>
>>70084203
>he thinks Cruise's character was The Last Samurai

oy vey!!
>>
>>70084724
a single kiss of sympathetic affection=/=in love/lust

You sound like an autist.
>>
>>70084724

cut scene, not in the movie m8
>>
>>70084203
How many Birthdays do you think he would have snatched, had he been in it?
>>
>>70084776
this

i kiss my bros all the time with no intent of taking it further. its just like a mouth handshake tbqh f a m
>>
>>70084128
Never give up, never surrender. Japanese philosophy. It definitely help shape their opinion of him.
>>
Why can't you weebs all be eradicated by some type of flu or something
You're like dogshit on my shoe
>>
>>70083949
Yeah, it shows us that Americans can't do shit.

If it were a Canadian,he'd not only destroy the samurais ass, but he'd become their leader and impregnate every bitch over there too

It always makes me feel good whenever I see an America getting humiliated and destroyed.

Lol, fuck America.

Canada is far more superior.
>>
File: 1408868544763~01~01.jpg (40 KB, 438x425) Image search: [Google]
1408868544763~01~01.jpg
40 KB, 438x425
>>70083949
>HE RESISTS BECAUSE HE IS ALL POWERFUL HWAITO PIGGU

Should've used a real blade and cut that cracker down.
>>
>>70084167
Looking up to the guy that beats you is pretty japanese desu desu
>>
no i am le female
>>
>>70083949
in this scene one of the better swordsmen practice duels with cruise's character after seeing cruise's crude form with the practice swords against a child.

he repeatedly beats him down, and each time cruise gets back up like a broken goku.

this is before cruise began practicing with the katana, speaking jap, giving up his alcoholism, and generally being accepted as part of the clan.

the swordsman recognizes some unrefined spirit in cruise's broken form. he sees past the stitches, bruises, and broken nose, recognizes cruise for a warrior who has lost his way in the modern era.

but he still beats him down for being a dog of the foreigners and claims he will never be truly desu. in this first duel of more to come, we start to see cruise's character shed his past and rise from the mud born anew.
but this moovy was alright. not bad. theres worse. but its no Man Who Shot Liberty Valance for sure.
>>
>>70087078
Cruise character acted like a child throwing a tantrum and being unable to accept defeat, I didn't see it as an act of bravery or honor
>>
Why have I seen so many thread's about this movie lately?

The movie is literally 19th century /k/ goes to Japan.
>>
>>70088714
>t. chang-tsang
>>
>>70089046
It's a good movie.
>>
>>70089046
not really, /k/ should start shooting all the jap instead of becoming the first weeboo
>>
>>70084203
Its last samurai (plural) you mong
>>
>>70084604
She never loved hin she only was hospitable to him despite the fact she hated his guys for killing her husband
>>
>>70083949
no i'm a woman
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.