[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here was extremely underwhelmed by the white walker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 335x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 335x299
Who else here was extremely underwhelmed by the white walker back story reveal? I mean, yeah it makes sense and it's not TERRIBLE but man, there are literally so many places they could have taken it. Why not have made them a completely different race with culture and beliefs completely alien to the people of westeros? Why not have them want to come back because something is out of balance? So many possibilities they passed up.
>>
it's pretty fucking retarded

>man are cutting down the forests, we must fight them
>yes let us create a magical undead race incompatible with nearly all forms of life as they'll raze the lands into a freezing wasteland and turn the living into their creepy collective - that'll definitely help us!
>>
They destroyed all the mystery this last eppisode. Also the minions just tuned into walking dead zombies. This show has jumped the shark after stannis death.
>>
>>70077324
I would have much preferred that it be left unexplained. It just demystifies the story, and makes it less interesting. They went from the mysterious unstoppable personification of winter and death itself, to some bioweapon run amok. I'm not mad about it, but there wasn't really a feasible scenario where I wouldn't have come away underwhelmed.

See also: Prometheus, the Star Wars prequels, Mass Effect 3's ending, or just about any other prequel that I didn't mention.
>>
The writing this season has been absolute shit. Don't know how any of you are surprised.
>>
I was more underwhelmed how it was presented more than anything. Are all the giant mysteries of the story going to be exposed in two minute segments? It didn't even feel like we should think it's a big deal.
>>
It's only underwhelming because they had no time to build up to that on TV, but I'm sure it'll be similar on the books anyway. And frankly it makes a lot of sense, it fits the reason why there's a weirwood tree so far up north, it hints at the idea that once upon a time the north wasn't a freezing hellhole. If I'm not mistaken (based on what I read on TWOIAF), the CoTF did use a lot of magic and summoned stuff to stop the advances of the First Men, and it makes sense they would use a creature like this to prevent them; the real deal isn't that they created them but HOW they went out of control, which I think it's the crucial thing here. Rh'llor could go against The Great Other, the one in the Shadows, which in turn could be the Many-Faced God, the Stranger, and the one that manipulated the outcome of the White Walkers to bid his will.
Still would be rather interesting to see who the Drowned God is and how it can give someone like Patchface visions, it's one of the few Gods who seem to have an actual presence.
>>
>>70077837
I think stannis' death was the first instance where they jumped the shark. It was a fairly good indicator of where the show is heading.
>>
Ok, so Xel'Naga created the Zerg, who turned against them?
>>
>>70077837
It jumped it long before then
>>
File: 1445857463000.png (376 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
1445857463000.png
376 KB, 514x536
I think it's funny.

I was underwhelmed when they called the others "white walkers" and they don't talk, laugh and mock in their language, they don't have cities and a civilization in the far north.

White walkers are boring
>>
>>70078452
Others > White Walkers for sure, but you can't hate on the master ruseman that is the Night King
>>
>>70077324
Fuck you, it was GOAT.
>>
its really simple the white walkers or others should have been the progeny of the dark god who opposes the lord of light in an eternal battle.
They can never be truely defeated as the dark god will always just ressurect them or create new servants to vie for global dominance.
>>
>>70077324
why isnt he wearing an armor
>>
>>70077837
>bioweapon

preston was right
>>
It should have been revealed that the children of the forest aren't good and are using Bran to serve their own ends.
>>
Zombies in general are gay as fuck. No exception here.

I just hope the series doesn't end with the cheesy setup where everybody gets together to beat up the monsters.

The whole series has been about politics so it feels kind of lame to just randomly shove zombies in, which is what they've always felt like.
>>
if the nights king could enter the magic protected tree after touching bran, does that mean he can now get past the wall if bran goes south of it?
>>
>>70078201
They blew up the land bridge that connected Dorne to Essos or the other continent. It could have been an awesome plotline.

>Bran discovers cotf used treevoodoo nukes to blow up continent, god of cold/darkness says fuck life and creates walkers to destroy them.
>Bran learns his allies are shitty,we get to keep mystery with ww, d n d get to inject antinuke message and classic got ambiguity
>Profit
>>
>>70077837
I agree soo much. Why explain that shit.
>>70080033
I agree with you. I dont think Martin will do such thing.
>>
>>70078201
I think it might be different in the books.

The timeline is possible but a bit off- the Others came to the fore during the Long Night well after the Children of the Forest and First Men had come to peace.

>>70079982
I always thought the CotF are a neutral party between a struggle between Light & Dark, Fire & Cold and that neither the Fire or the Cold are really good or bad, just extremes.

The world lives in an age of encroaching cold and darkness, so Light and Fire is perceived as better. But in another time, maybe even right now in the south, it's the opposite.
>>
File: John_Picacio_the_Others.jpg (70 KB, 428x570) Image search: [Google]
John_Picacio_the_Others.jpg
70 KB, 428x570
also the others look like complete shit

nights king looks like a blue darth maul
>>
I don't know man. They're pure evil. I don't want to see them as an original race with a culture and beliefs and concern for their kind. They're fucking ice zombies. It makes more sense that they're the result of creepy misguided magic.
I am interested in the story of the Nights King. That will be fun if they ever get to that.
>>
>>70077324
So how did having dragon glass shoved in their chest teach them how to use ice magic which the children didn't know?
>>
>>70080449

they're not zombies though. they just turn the dead into ice zombies

i highly doubt we'll even get to know where the others came from in the books. judging by the interviews GRRM himself doesnt even know what the fuck they are

>The Others are not dead. They are strange, beautiful… think, oh… the Sidhe made of ice, something like that… a different sort of life… inhuman, elegant, dangerous.

>Had many talks with George. He told me of the ice swords, and the reflective, camouflaging armor that picks up the images of the things around it like a clear, still pond. He spoke a lot about what they were not, but what they were was harder to put into words.
>>
>>70080559
I guess we have to assume there was more magic at play than what we could see. Perhaps concerning the stone formations, or an enchantment on the glass.
>>
>>70080559
There already have a history of the night king, he was a human and leader of the night's s Watch.
>>
>>70077837
I don't agree Mass Effect 3's problem was in demystificaion. Faulty AI is a trope that always works for me because software does all sort of dumb shit when given faulty parameters.

The problem was mostly in how they were stopped, stupidity of which was made inevitable by ME2's ending.
>>
>>70077324
>Who else here was extremely underwhelmed by the white walker back story reveal?

I was.

The scene where they convert him was poorly done and the background for it was unexistant, it all felt like it had a complete lack of depth, like if the most important event in Westeros just happened because of the follies of some bored teenagers.
>>
>>70080680
I think you were actually replying to me. I meant on the show.
>>
>>70080680
There were other guys to teach him, who taught the original guy? Why does getting hit with dragon glass kill them if they are perfectly fine with a huge fucking chunk of it inside their body? Why ice? What the fuck does glass made from volcanoes and dragons have to do with fucking ice? Did anyone working on the show think any of this?
>>
>>70080842
It kind of makes logical sense to me. Dragon glass in the heart, imo infused with some kind of magic, would fortify the heart with warmth against the cold. However, these are beings of the cold, and of the north, so even though an enchanted spell to their heart gave them this undead sort of life, the fire infused dragon glass would be the only thing that could pierce their skin.
>>
File: 1463476685184.jpg (107 KB, 660x577) Image search: [Google]
1463476685184.jpg
107 KB, 660x577
>>70077975
>>
>>70077324

>wondering why a shitty show is shitty 5 years after it became complete unwatchable shit
>>
You fucking 4channers are never satisfied.
>>
>>70077826
>Also the minions just tuned into walking dead zombies
Worse than that. They're fucking videogame spider ghouls.
>>
>>70077324
After the Kingsmoot this stupid shit doesn't even factor into it, I mean what the fuck was that shit?
>>
>>70077826
>AFTER Stannis's death

It jumped way, way before that
>>
>>70080100
You talk like a nigger i literally have no idea what you said.Fuck dude...
>>
>>70080680
Wait, if the night's watch was created to ward westeros against night zombies, and this guy was the first one, why was he a leader of the night's watch when there was no zombies to guard westeros from, and so, no night's watch ?
Or have I missed something, here?
>>
>>70081705
I think he means there's a precedent for humans becoming others
>>
>>70077652
Why did not they just throw grenades at men?
>>
File: 1462373048976.jpg (53 KB, 603x494) Image search: [Google]
1462373048976.jpg
53 KB, 603x494
>>70080329
fuck you
>>
>>70081736
Isn't it the night's king who makes corpses turn to others?
I thought: big icy guys with blue eyes were magic and they made the zombies.
>>
>>70081398
4 good men™
>>
>>70081765
I think the show nights king has nothing to do with the watch, who knows D&D forget shit all the time
>>
>>70081787
But is it how it works?
>>
I'm not, because I always knew that the white walkers were a macguffin that were just there to drive the story forward.
>>
>>70081818
As far as anyone knows yes
>>
>>70078201
there are no gods in asoiaf...
>>
If the Others can't cross water then Essos and the rest of the islands are safe no?
>>
File: cat.png (272 KB, 631x354) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
272 KB, 631x354
>>70079933
Like it matters they die by the slightest hit.
>>
>>70077324
I hope it is not the same in the book. I was hoping they were another race with their own culture that is just not understandable to human kind. They are supposed to be riding ice spiders for fucks sake!

Now it just feels like the Night King is a robot with faulty programming
>>
>>70081705
the Night's King in the books and the NIGHT King in the show are two completely different characters, just share a similar name
>>
>>70081913
They don't even talk in the show
>>
Sooo, what about the dragons and all that magic shit? Who is the Lord of Light? What the fuck is up with the comet?
>>
File: vegetable-gremlin.jpg (112 KB, 1000x678) Image search: [Google]
vegetable-gremlin.jpg
112 KB, 1000x678
The children of the forest look like a salad bar gremlin had sex with that kid from gotham.
>>
>>70077324
Reminder that the obsidian knife was, in fact, a computer chip
>>
>>70077324
fuck off gotfags
>>
>>70084008
>Bayasabhad Shamyriana Kayakayanaya
this is a joke, right?
>>
>>70084008
Comet was to throw us off to think dany is prince who was promised

But then we get the le epic Jon reveal
>>
>>70077324
it made me realize that the actors and the screenplay writers made GoT better than it should've been, not the books
>>
>>70081872
>what is crossing bridges
>what is using their intelligence to find ways across
>>
>>70081968
yes they do, if you listen in their scenes you can hear the sound of ice crackling which is described as their language of Skroth
>>
>>70077324
They should really have had a more otherworldly origin.

When Bran went back in time, he should've seen a massive gate like a black hole in a snowstorm leading to another realm -- one of cold, unending darkness. Who created the gate and why could be left a mystery.

That should've been their origin, something that just raises more questions.

It would fuel speculation from both fans of the show and the books.
>>
>>70084334
but that's fucking stupid, more stupid than the current origin story
>>
>>70078452
Thats always been their name
>>
>>70084367
I think it'd be much better.

Seeing them walk out a gate and having their very presence turn the field of green around them into snow and ice would've been way better than just stabbing a human to give him ice powers.
>>
I didn't mind it but it felt kind of rushed. Like, oh here is a tidbit of white walker history because forest fairies and white walkers are about to be briefly relevant.
>>
Is there anywhere I could find a TL;DW for someone who hasn't really watched since season 2?
>>
File: 3f5.jpg (22 KB, 351x293) Image search: [Google]
3f5.jpg
22 KB, 351x293
Pavel ass?
>>
>>70081398
The braziers alone are useless it was calorieesie plot armor
>>
>>70081739
You can only throw so many before gettingkilled by arrows or outnumbered
>>
>>70077826
>They destroyed all the mystery this last episode.
We still don't know what this strangers want and why they rebelled against their master.
The show should have made things slower in this season, everything happened too fast.
>>
I really hope thats not the origin of them in the books.
While the books aren't very clear on what the Others are, the certainly come off as more of a elven race than zombies.
>>
>>70081872
They can just wait for the for finale you will see
>>
>>70081398
>knock a brazier over
>this immediately ignites and inferno
Is nobody gonna talk about how Dany is basically Pyro?
>>
>>70081892
Nah you dragon glass and leaf triedkill one of them whiout avail because of tge armor
>>
File: 1460582266929.jpg (168 KB, 1180x822) Image search: [Google]
1460582266929.jpg
168 KB, 1180x822
>>70080100
>god of cold/darkness says fuck life and creates walkers to destroy them.
> It could have been an awesome plotline.
pick one
>>
>>70084497
Sure anon
>Joff is kill by CIA
>everyone blame reddit dwarf for kill
>reddit dwarf kill mean dad and go help kaleysee
>kellyc sits in tents and amasses and insanely large army and conquers everyone by moving her eyebrows around a lot
>jon does some stuff with snow people dies and then is not dies
>jaime lost his hand and went on wakey adventures with brann and met badpussy
>cersi gave the entire city to the pope and now for some reason does nothing about it
>walking dead are still slowly making their way to the wall
>>
>>70080033
>The whole series has been about politics so it feels kind of lame to just randomly shove zombies in, which is what they've always felt like.
Actually it's a mix between fantasy and politics
>>
File: tumblr_n69wxtLEjt1sfwty9o1_500.png (223 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n69wxtLEjt1sfwty9o1_500.png
223 KB, 500x375
>>70084008

I've gots some questions too. I've only read the books and seen the first two seasons, but in the show have they covered anything else on Valyria and why its dangerous and shiet to go there. What about Theon's older brother who said he went there and came back with the horn. Is he in the show?

Have they talked at all about what the fuck "the shadow" is. Like even described it?
>>
>>70084008
there's more land actually in the far east
>>
>>70079036
Bradamante go suck a cock, open a /got/general and samefag there, you fucking 9gaging piece of shit
>>
>>70084731
kek, thank you

Why is kellyc amassing an army?
Why is the dwarf helping her?
What was the point of the direwolves?
>>
>>70084760
There are spooky scary Stonemen in Valyria who give you stoneaids if they touch you.
>>
>>70084008
>edited euroasia slightly
>enlarged britain and replaced NA with it
>enlarged africa and cut off the bottom half
>removed SA and Australia
>drew out china southeast

What a hack.
>>
>>70084822
>Why is kellyc amassing an army?
because all men must die be she is not men
>Why is the dwarf helping her?
because le non cock man said too
>What was the point of the direwolves?
to have shocking death reveals
>>
>>70084661
>Is nobody gonna talk about how Dany is basically Pyro?
the lhazarren khaleesi, ornella or what's her name soaked the whole temple in oil and they closed the door from the outside, it was a plot of the widows. do you fuckers even watch the show, or are you too retarded to understand the plot unless it is explained in wiki.
>>
>>70084845
It sounds like literally nothing happened since I last watched other than characters being killed off. So I guess it's just setting up for eyebrow lady to burn the Others with her dragons and become queen.
>>
>>70084900
>So I guess it's just setting up for eyebrow lady to burn the Others with her dragons and become queen.

fire cannot hurt them, only dragonglass, else who the fuck would be afraid of them if they can just throw oil at them and burn them.
>>
>>70084760
>Have they talked at all about what the fuck "the shadow" is. Like even described it?

Asshai, Jorah's going there to find the cure for his stoneaids.
>>
>>70084427
In the book they were called "The Others"

They were renamed to "White Walkers" for the TV adaptation because referring to the others in audible conversation gets confusing, as opposed to on paper which clears it up because capitalising The Others makes it much more easy to follow.
>>
>>70077324
yeah, the "Great Other" is Leaf and her cabbage patch possy - she is also R'hllor, when she saw the shit she did with the Night's king she started warging into people giving them visions of destruction and how they have to prepare to fight, idiots thought it's some kind of God and made a religion out of it.

Great work GRRM, you really outplayed us all, we all though feminista, but with Tyrion we should have known that you are a midget lover.
>>
>>70078091

>I had a vision that you guys created the White Walkers.
>You humans were cutting down our trees.
>Oh, okay.
>>
File: 0639 - WLG760e.jpg (81 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
0639 - WLG760e.jpg
81 KB, 900x900
>>70080842
>Why ice? What the fuck does glass made from volcanoes and dragons have to do with fucking ice?
>The series is literally called "A Song of Ice and Fire"
>>
People still watch this shit?
LMAO
>>
So they just have fucking grenades and shit?
>>
>>70085146
leaf being r'hllor, this is probably it. they use dragonglass to communicate with people, glasscandles shit.
>>
>>70077826
The zombies and the whites have always looked different.

Go rewatch Ep 1.
>>
>>70085323
This is so stupid.
>>
>>70077324
>>70077652
>>70078201

In the end it doesn't matter because Littlefinger can teleport anywhere and especially behind the great Other.

>PSSSSH, Nothing personal my lad
>>
Was Leaf's group the last one of them left?

If not, explain to me why humans shouldn't exterminate them all and cut down the rest of their trees once the white walkers are dealt with.
>>
File: 200_s (3).gif (46 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s (3).gif
46 KB, 350x200
>>70085349
>glasscandles shit
maesters initiates have to spend a night trying to light one of those, noone ever achieved that.

I have a fucking hunch who will.
>>
>>70085349
They create the Others to protect the island but then they realised they fucked up and then they created the fire cult in order to get rid of them again. Jon is their chosen one who will pull the magic cork.
>>
>>70085451
Yeah, that's the plot.
>>
>>70085438
>you see, there are tiny little lifeforms living in dragon glass, we call them medievalians
>they talk to us about the power of nature
>>
Since R'hllor worship is a farce and it's probably Bran, what is "R'hllor" a shortening of?
>>
File: bait pierce the heavens.jpg (6 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
bait pierce the heavens.jpg
6 KB, 209x241
>>70084895
>>
>>70077324
Why can't they use buildup in this season? Everything is just BADABINGBADABOOM THERE YOU GO, the white walker origin reveal was like 30 seconds, wtf?
>>
>>70085543
>bran is r'hllor
Ugh, this could actually happen. But why would Bran ask for human sacrifices, what did Sharin ever do to him? I would reckon Bran can only see moments with strong emotion.
>>
>>70077324
It's been known for years they were related to the children. Either intentionally or unintentionally created. Shit the show made it so obvious by the wood bark like skin they have.
Even more so the starks obtained there powers by breeding with them. I think thats even more so obvious. And the boltons most likely have blood relations to the offspring of such unions.
>>
File: 0D6.jpg (38 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
0D6.jpg
38 KB, 612x612
>>70085146
>Valar morghulis, Valar dohaeris
>The (first) men must die, the (first) men must serve

it was right infront of us. CotF are R'hllor and the Great Other
>>
>>70085563
Anon, we reached the point where they ran out of source material. They're just winging it now. I wouldn't be surprised if the white walkers are powered by nano machines who consume all the energy (warmth) around them.
>>
>>70084667
wut
>>
>>70085608
>R'hllor
>ruhllor
>are you holding the door?
>>
>>70077324
Making them their own race is actually the tame, conventional route.
But if you think about it, they are their own race. They transformed that man *thousands* of years ago. And in that time, they've replicated, and existed seeing multiple wars. They must have their own culture.

It's just they avoided a big dumb reveal of a White Walker city. And a bunch of them living like how you would expect them to live. Instead, they're revealing bits aoubt them at a time. We will learn more about them as we go. There's at least 25 more episodes before this thing is done.
>>
The others became a threat after peace between the CoTF and the First Men. That is the only thing that confuses me with the show's timeline. Are we to believe the CoTF created the WW during the war but they became powerful after the peace? Still so many questions.
>>
>>70085724
But couldn't you make it a bit more spooky? A bit like Evil Dead maybe. Making them walking vegetables who through spirit bombs is kinda shitty. It cheapens the whole show.
>>
This shit is turning into lost
>>
>>70085789
I'm confused. Are you talking about the white walkers, or the children of the forest?
>>
>>70085853
The children of the forest.
>>
File: Cotf.jpg (386 KB, 1040x560) Image search: [Google]
Cotf.jpg
386 KB, 1040x560
>>70085146

>picrelated from 6 years ago
>>
>>70085563
It's not even particularly significant to the story though. It's not one of the mysteries people spend ages thinking about
>>
File: forest-sprite.jpg (70 KB, 620x960) Image search: [Google]
forest-sprite.jpg
70 KB, 620x960
>>70085893
Oh, well ii was describing the white walkers.
But to your point about the children, imo they actually overdid the makeup. Compared to the book. In the book, they're almost described like a cute forest sprite. Or at least that's how I interpreted it. The show made them look relatively more spooky. throwing magic concoctions seems like something they would do. Because they're not very strong, or aggressive. But they know magic shit.
>>
>>70085895
I think the Others are basically what the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoggoth are in the Lovecraft universe.
>>
Rhllor had to temper a hot sword into his beloveds heart, maybe the Cotf tempered a cold blade into their enemies heart?
>>
>>70085146
>yeah, the "Great Other" is Leaf and her cabbage patch possy

Yes, the children of the forest are the 'bad side' they created the white walkers to destroy humanity, some of them like that bitch Leaf went all 'fuck what've I done', left their city and became a traitor. I am certain there are more children of the forest living in the far north that orchestrate that whole shit. Leaf was just an inuendo.
>>
>>70086015
I meant it would've been cooler imho if they were some force lurking in the shadows rather than trying to make them "real". Take the shark in Jaws.

The way they did it it looks like a Stargate episode.
>>
You know the Jews fucked up when no one cares about the CotF/Others over LeHodor.
>>
>>70086093
Well the children are real in the books. I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>70085897
>It's not even particularly significant to the story though. It's not one of the mysteries people spend ages thinking about

WTF are you talking about, we are introduced to the show through the white walker, most of the seasons ended with somekind of revelation about the white walkers that made us even more hooked. The white walkers WERE THE BIGGEST MYSTERY of the show. They could have made it a season finale and I would be fucking glad, not this underwhelming piece of shit.
>>
>>70086235
Real like the shark is in Jaws.
>>
>>70086275
Origin of the white walkers is cared about by 0 characters and not discussed once. It's not the BIGGEST MYSTERY of the show
>>
>>70077324
Who gives a shit? Stop fucking whining dude.
>>
>>70086308
I'll try to keep an open mind. But you'll have to explain how that would work.
>>
>>70086310
>It's not the BIGGEST MYSTERY of the show
so what is?
>>
>>70085451
wat magic cork
>>
>>70086331
1. Don't show them during broad daylight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BasY65AOJ54
>>
>>70086384
R+L=J
>>
>>70085114
Grrum still call them white walkers
>>
>>70086394
The one in the cave where the others were created. With the magic water that makes the trees grow big.
>>
>>70086447
u wut

wat cave? Bludraven caves?
>>
>>70086411
Well you only saw one in broad daylight. The others only came out when the fight was on.
Also, they don't have vine manipulating powers, as far as I'm aware off.
>>
>>70086422
Something not discussed by the characters at all. Nobody is searching for Rhaegar's heir or anything like that.
>>
>>70086498
The magic cave where the children of the forest originated from!? The water there was magical and it made them come alive. If you pull the cork though the children will die together with everything they created. Which means they will sacrifice themselves to save humanity. Jon is the only one who can enter the cave because the night king has sealed the cave with a spell that prevents everybody who hasn't died from entering it. But Jon has died.
>>
>>70086422
>R+L=J
no character gives a fuck about it, white walkers were the mystery that was built up through the whole show.
>>
>>70086567
Who has a better claim a bastard from raegar or kellyc
>>
>>70086641
Wat island
>>
>>70086614
Final episode will be CIA and a few other main characters escaping Westeros on a plane as Jon lay on the ground dying next to Ghost, watching the plane fly high overhead
>>
>>70086645
Rhaeger having a child is cared about by 0 characters and not discussed once. It's not the BIGGEST MYSTERY of the show
>>
>>70086674
He will be watching the comet. Which really is an UFO. The others are aliens.
>>
I think they're will be more to it. Out in Essos past Yi-Ti there's a Wall-like structure called the Five Forts at the edge of a fuckhueg desert. I bet they have to / had to hold of Fire Others down there and it's part of the seasonal balance of the world.
>>
>>70080100
That's an even more retarded explanation than the one in the books
>>
File: 1268136441481.jpg (27 KB, 646x473) Image search: [Google]
1268136441481.jpg
27 KB, 646x473
>the great other is head of hogwarts in Oldtown
>>
It was disappoint as shit
I sure as hell didn't expect them to be just humans under a spell
Fuck that
>>
>>70086422
Why do people keep typing this like it's supposed to hide some big fucking secret? everyone already knows what it means.
>>
>>70081759
Objectively the hottest on the show.
>>
>>70086868
Why would anyone fully type out the names when everyone knows what R+L=J means. It's a got-fanbase meme
>>
where the walkers come from will be completely different in the book, i have no doubt about that. they had to severely simplify their history in the show because there is just too much shit going on.
>>
>>70080033
To be fair, the first book (which has zombies) was written in the 90s well before the zombie craze in popular culture. This was well before the "normification" of nerd culture too.
>>
>>70087014
>where the walkers come from will be completely different in the book, i have no doubt about that.

no they won't, it is canon that CotF are the "Great Other"
>>
I liken them to the white elves in skyrim, they could've been a race that was enslaved by men and the children of the forest helped them to free themselves by giving them a magical artifact (like the Aetherial Crown)

After their plight they turn on everyone and want them dead.
>>
predictions for season finale:

>kevan and qyburn get little childrened
>jon and sansa win the battle in the previous episode and they are back in winterfell
>sam and gilly make it to oldtown
>theon and asha make it to meereen and ally with dany, she and her army fuck off out of meereen and get on ships headed off to westeros
>the last scene will be of bran crossing the wall and either the entire thing breaks or just the magical barrier is destroyed
>edd gets killed fighting a walker
>>
Then who is cold hands?
>>
>>70087236
benjen. it's so goddamn obvious that it's benjen. there will not be a coldhands in the show, it will just be a (possibly) undead benjen
>>
>>70077324
>Do you want to build a snowman?

also it would be far more creepier seting having children do this shit than casting a midget ayylmao
>>
>>70077324

Why didn't they make them Aliens? That would have been on par with tree people making undead people because forest reasons.
>>
>>70079898

There are no gods in the series. There is magic and trees. If the gods turn out to be real in the show, than things have truly gone off the rails.
>>
>>70080698
they could have removed the decision and the citadel and just had the galactic alliance win in direct battle against the reapers at earth (if you gathered enough troops) and had that battle as the turning of the tide and a cutscene to end.

I chose destroy but destorying the mass relays upset me
>>
>WW aren't aliens

DROPPED
>>
>>70087417
that left one is atrocious. It looks like they had 10 minutes to assemble some sort of an outfit
>>
>>70087570
Basically the problem was that one reaper in ME1 was on part of an entire fleet. ME2 established that there's hundreds if not thousands of them and this effectively terminated any possibility that they can be beaten in way that makes sense. Straight victory would not.

Overpowered villains is such an obvious blunder to avoid, yet people keep doing this, I don't understand why.
>>
>>70087417
They needed her to wear a costume that takes >10 hours to put on for long periods. I think it's illegal to make a child do that
>>
>>70080680
you are confusing the book nights king and the one from the show: the nights watch didnt exist before the long night
>>
>>70087578
>>70087438
somewhere, in an alternate universe

>WHAT THE FUCK D&D FUCKING ALIENS, FUCKING WOOOW
>WORST CONTENT RAPE IN HISTORY
>AHAHA WE MEN IN BLACK NOW
>>
because evil is merely a corruption of good
>>
>>70084008
wow asshai is very far away

>you will never explore sothoryos for the king as leading biologist documenting all those fresh species

why live
>>
>>70084334
yeah, even if they were just a wild hunt rip off it would still be interesting and good justification for their genocidal intent
>>
>>70087635
>>70087570
Reapers still needed the Citadel, or should have, so that they could control the mass relay network. Since that would win them the war in one stroke. That after all is why Sovereign wanted it in the first game.

So why not use that against them? Ending to the series is luring the Reapers to the Citadel and then ambushing them. A hopeless battle, but the point is to do one of two things:

1.) Destroy the Citadel, killing everyone in the battle and the Reapers and disabling the mass relay network indefinitely

2.) Force the Reapers to flee through the Citadel relay back into dark space

This would work if it was established that to get back to the galaxy after ME1, if the Reapers had to use some hidden back door or perhaps cannibalize themselves (reducing their numbers to more manageable, if still formidable, numbers).

I like it because it catches the Reapers in their own trap.
>>
>>70087720
>you will never explore sothoryos

>you will never be raisin-fied by huge white bats
>you will never be killed and eaten by turbo niggers
>you will never be crushed by King Kong sized gorillas
>you will never contract blood fever or sweetrot
>you will never be ripped apart by a basilisk
>>
>>70085114
I assumed they used White Walkers since Lost had used "The Others"
>>
I tried to deny that the show was getting shittier until episode five. It wasn't the fact that the CotF created the Others that bothered me, but that the interaction lasted literally like two minutes and Leaf's only response was, "We were at war!" Legit the most played out, over done line of dialogue I've ever heard.
>>
>>70087833
I would still go
I reckon most of those creatures are probably exaggerated by the fear of delirious malaria stricken men in an environment unknown to them
>>
Ya'll know this CoTF and First Men shit is stolen directly from Irish mythology.

What a hack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuatha_D%C3%A9_Danann
>>
>>70088001
I would much rather explore Asshai, Stygai and the Shadowlands. I want to see what the fuck is up
>>
>>70087938
Yeah this. I already suspected CotF made them, so that wasn't a big deal, but they just glossed over it like it was nothing.
>>
>>70087833
sounds like Straya to me
>>
>>70088147
well Gorosh was a penal colony so
>>
>>70081870
We dont know that
>>
>>70088064
gurm originally described the others as like "sidhe made of ice".
>>
>>70088064
That's hardly at all like CoTF and first men. Really stretching hard there
>>
>>70085114
White Walkers is an alternative name for them used in the books.

If I remember correctly the Wildlings said White Walkers while most other characters said Others
>>
>>70079036
Yeah, FUCK op. It was EPIC as FUCK.
>>
>>70084611
Just throw a really big one
>>
>>70077324
Maybe they were driven into such a corner that they were fine with mutal destruction.
>>
>>70080680
That story was just a legend.
>>
So where do the Faceless Men fit into all this, who's side are they on and are they even aware of what Leaf did?

Also can we now confirm that it was Leaf and co who made the seasons the way they are in Westeros by fucking with the climate to kill off First Men, now they have everlasting winter and summer, I bet at the end of the series the seasons will go back to normal.
>>
>>70088258

>Tuatha De Danann, supernatural race native to the Island
>Invading men, Gaels, take the land and drive them into the underworld
>Their magic still has power in the above world

Seems exactly the same to me.

Face it Murican Tolkien is a hack.
>>
>>70088064
the war of the five kings is stolen directly from war of the roses.

what a hack
>>
>>70088747
faceless men blew up old valyria, and took out their sorcerer masters too. Pretty big feats. Don't know much about them other than that.
>>
>>70086926
I think you mean the "coolest" :^)
>>
>>70088854

>COTF somehow managed to warg into a Faceless Man or two or possibly slave
>Begins the slave revolts
>Faceless men being controlled by COTF basically take a bunch of dragon eggs down into the pit
>KABOOM
>>
>>70088926
we are like minded anon, I think that faceless men used dragon eggs basically nuke old valyria also. I never even considered the faceless men being possible wargs of the children. pretty cool idea
>>
>>70089012

Still kind of ended up back firing considering it brought dragons and shit to their front door basically.

Now we just need to know how they managed to know about Varlyia in general and whether they could warg into anyone there.
>>
>>70087259
>it's so goddamn obvious that it's benjen

It's obvious how exactly?
>>
>>70089131
My idea is that the others are taking bodies from the faceless men (after they take their faces) to use in their undead army. They have a lot of fucking faces- what do they do with the bodies? It could be argued easily that many of the wights still have faces though, lol. And with the abilities that the three eyed raven has/had, there's no telling what his predecessors, and the childrens, were capable of
>>
>>70087259
>>70087236
>>70089497

My bet is that Bran is Cold Hands, but a Bran from a failed timeline, who is ensuring the Bran of the current timeline doesn't become Cold Hands. He probably made some deal with Blood Raven to make sure he doesn't become the way he is.

>Cold Hands is old because Bran of another timeline fucked up and went to the distant past, became some kind of zombie or ghoul possibly due to him fucking up or paradoxes and just basically waited for the right time to try again
>>
>>70089528

I think they just discard the bodies, obviously they keep the faces but I'm guessing the bodies don't have any special significance to them or their religion.
>>
>>70086984
Hey reddit
>>
File: 323262.png (146 KB, 459x302) Image search: [Google]
323262.png
146 KB, 459x302
>>70080449
>I don't know man. They're pure evil. I don't want to see them as an original race with a culture and beliefs and concern for their kind.

And after years and years of GRR Martin saying that they are not pure evil. They are a species of people with their own culture and values. Now there's this.
>>
>>70077826
>Stannis
>dead
>>
What if The Others are to the Starks like the dragons are to Daenerys and the Targaryens?
>>
I think everyone.

Also, Hodor backstory was shit too. Why would everyone start calling him Hodor when he has an actual name? Guy tweaked out and lost his marbles, so let's add further insult to injury by calling him by the one word he can now say. Brava, Starks, how noble and moral.
>>
>>70081759
MUH FUCKIGN DICK
>>
>>70090000
>>
>>70088747
>>70088926
>>70089528
We currently have no reason whatsoever to assume the children and valyria and/or the faceless men are connected. The children were all about defending westeros against the invading men. Valyrians never had interest in westeros and they weren't involved in the legends about the white walkers.
>>
You get to find out about the origins of the Others, all the lore involving the COTF and Night's King and everything that happens in TWOW and ADOS or you can either chose that or a threesome with Lena and Carice.
>>
>>70085323
That scene looks so cheap
>>
>>70077324
i thought they'd be some ancient race, or like space elves from the Witcher

but no
they're just a bunch of randoms created by the forestfags
and then the forestfags hid in a cave for 2000years contemplating what they'd done
amazing
>>
>>70077652
>Men are invading our allies in Europe and we're sustaining a lot of casualties in the Japanese theatre
>yes let us create bombs that can blow up the entire earth 20 times over - that'll definitely help us!

White Walkers are symbolism for nuclear weapons. How much of a dullard are you for not seeing this?
>>
I'm just gonna assume it will make more sense in the books, like Shireen burning will.
>>
>>70087634
the right one is an even greater shit, looks like an evil thai hooker on crack
>>
File: 1464197460125.jpg (39 KB, 492x388) Image search: [Google]
1464197460125.jpg
39 KB, 492x388
>>70085507
DELETE THIS
>>
>>70090174

There has been over 2000 nuclear detonations since 1945 split between 7 nations and the world is still here.
>>
File: hqdefault (11).jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (11).jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>70088065
>I would much rather explore Asshai, Stygai and the Shadowlands. I want to see what the fuck is up

this

probably the most interesting place to be, I imagine it as india but without sun.
>>
>>70077652
It does make sense though.

Men have the superior number but they also die earlier and often, unlike the children so their dead make a perfect renewable army.

Winter makes men starve but doesn't necessarily kill all vegetation and trees or even all animals, so the cold the Walkers bring will drive men back hopefully.

The Children probably figured they could unleash these creatures of winter, they'd kill strictly the humans, drive the rest away back across the narrow sea with the cold, then the Children can just kill the walkers or send them away and put them to sleep and the winter will eventually go away and Westeros will eventually get back to normal weather wise.

But the Night King likely had more free will than they intended and wanted to kill more than just men, wanted to kill animals, kill the Children, kill anything that wasn't its own
>>
>>70090174
I wouldn't see it like that directly, but there's a common theme of being overpowered by one own creation. Also a good explanation how the children made peace with the first men.
>>
>>70077837
Everything in that post is correct except the Star Wars prequels. While I'm not saying the are good by a long shot(except Revenge of the Sith), Lucas had always intended on making them. It's not like Prometheus where Ridley killed every bit of mystery about The Space Jockey.

The sad thing is they could've been just as revered as the OT is Lucas had gotten his ex-wife to edit them, toned down on CGI, and had Gary Kurtz there to keep him grounded.
>>
>>70090348

I'm pretty sure George said we're never going to go there which is a shame since there's bound to be some interesting shit in places like Asshai or The Shadowlands.
>>
>>70087215
I like it
>>
>>70077324
It meant absolutely nothing in the show since the Children have only 5 minutes of screen time. The way it was filmed was completely uncinematic as well. It felt like reading an appendix put on screen.
>>
>>70090004
>Starks, how noble and moral.

Every house emphasizes what it lacks the most, with Starks it is honour and nobility.
>>
>>70080559
>ice magic which the children didn't know?

Guess it's the difference between a grass type pokemon using an ice type move as opposed to an ice type using an ice type move. The grass may pull it off, but it won't be as powerful or to its full potential.

The children can use ice magic, Leaf looked like she froze the grenade to give it a delay, but can't unleash full on ice shit, so they made something that is itself ice type and could use it better.
>>
File: Kek.gif (4 MB, 382x162) Image search: [Google]
Kek.gif
4 MB, 382x162
>>70080680
>he believes in anything from the Age of Heroes

Go pray to Garth Greenhand you fucking sheep
>>
>>70090382
>I'm pretty sure George said we're never going to go there which is a shame since there's bound to be some interesting shit in places like Asshai or The Shadowlands.

Asshai and the Shadowlands is essentially where all the shit comes from, like dragons, blood magic, shadow magic, azor ahai, r'hllor etc.

I hope Jorah visits Asshai to find his cure.
>>
>>70090352
I still think the Children aren't totally responsible for the force behind the Others, but instead just unleashed or awakened it.
>>
File: sorvetechu.png (114 KB, 594x393) Image search: [Google]
sorvetechu.png
114 KB, 594x393
Do you guys think Jorah will be Daenerys's king?
>>
>>70077826
Neck yourself stannisfag
>>
>>70090071
Yeah that's why I just have ideas and not facts lol.
>>
>>70090548
GRRM said no POV will visit Asshai, but visions are possible.

We'll maybe see Mellisandre remembering her time in Asshai.
>>
>>70090502
>Go pray to Garth Greenhand you fucking sheep
what does this reddit shit even mean?
>>
>>70077826
>after Stannis' death
yeah naw.
It's called a new season.
>>
>>70084895
Honestly, the writing is so boring--I have started to skip certain scenes.
>>
>>70089573
There aren't going to be an 'failed timelines' though. The whole Hodor origin proves that whatever Bran is doing when he wargs into the past, it is a closed loop.
>>
>>70090729
Garth Greenhand is a figure from the Age of Heroes who was allegedly green, had antlers, could make women fertile with just a look no matter their age, could make girls flower, dudes prayed for him to get their women pregnant with strong sons and fair daughters, taught all humans in Westeros how to grow food, when to plant, when to harvest, etc. Lots of Houses claim descent from his sons. But the fucker didn't exist, only sheep believe that

Night King, Bran the Builder, Lann the Cleverm Grey King, Durran, all are heroes from the Age of Heroes. They're all bullshit too
>>
>>70080698
>defending the post me1 reapers
You are an actual peice of shit
>>
>>70077324
almost forgot how good season 2 WW looked. Just compare that image to the latest episode. They look like cosplayers now.
>>
>>70090868
>Night King, Bran the Builder, Lann the Cleverm Grey King, Durran, all are heroes from the Age of Heroes. They're all bullshit too

What the fuck are you talking, the last series shown how Night King came to be?

Is this some bookfag crap?
>>
>>70090919
Considering I was responding to an anon mentioning shit about the Night's King from the books, yes it is book shit
>>
>>70090980
The Night's king in the show was the 13th white walker in the baby scene, in the books he was the 13th lord commander of the nights watch.
>>
I hate how ever since hard hole the wights just fall over whenever something hits them slightly. Despite all the buildup of showing how ony fire can stop them forever. No one burns the bodies anymore, they just cheap out by having only skeletons attack people and getting broken.
Thu were way spookier in earlier seasons when they would attack nonstop until burned, also since when can they climb on walls n shit their zombies not spiders. If they could climb walls why didn't thy climb the barricade at hardholme
>>
>>70091029
The 13th Lord Commander shit is a made up legend is what I'm saying
>>
>>70077324

>there are literally so many places they could have taken it. Why not have made them a completely different race with culture and beliefs completely alien to the people of westeros? Why not have them want to come back because something is out of balance? So many possibilities they passed up.

Basically "why not something I expected them to do?"
>>
>>70090601
>>70090601
I wish
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.