[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm finishing Six feet under (just started 5th season) and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
I'm finishing Six feet under (just started 5th season) and I'm really having a good time. I get it, it's a 10 year old series, but how's that I've never seen a thread about it in /tv/?

tl;dr: Six feet under thread
>>
David and Ruth are GOAT. Also, don't watch the finale with anyone unless you want to look like a giant bitch. Even as a standalone clip, it's still a tearjerker for people who haven't watched the show.
>>
>>70076730
Really? I see it mentioned pretty often. It's always been my favorite of the HBO series. And the ending is obviously amazing, potentially the best series finale ever. If it hasn't been spoiled for you, it'll be a real jawdropping moment
>>
>>70076730
There's threads from time to time. It's generally considered a "love it or hate it" type of show. I think it's almost as good a character drama as The Sopranos.
>>
>>70076730
>how's that I've never seen a thread about it in /tv/?

it's not easily meme-able like something like The Sopranos and /pol/acks + Breaking Bad fans hate it because "UGH GROSS, GAYS AND OLD PEOPLE"
>>
>>70076820

Yeah, I search every once in a while for it both in the catalog and in the archive and never found anything, it feels kind of good to know that I'm not alone. About the finale, I think I've already spoiled it to myself the other day reading some comments, shit happens I guess.
>>
>>70076931

It does though a good work on showing gay people and drugs, doesn't it? I mean, it never looks forced, it's like "Yeah, this is a gay character, but he/she's also (and first of all) a human, not some perfect gay person that I've put into the history to fill some agenda".
>>
>>70077000

*story

Sorry, I'm not an english native speaker
>>
If you've made the mistake of watching Dexter first, then David's nightlife and sexuality has probably gotten plenty of giggles already. He sure loves Doakes in SFU.
>>
>>70076934
Honestly, it's better if you don't know, but it doesn't really matter either way. It's still incredibly effective.
>>
File: nate.jpg (198 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
nate.jpg
198 KB, 1024x576
>Literally me
>>
>>70076730
fave series bar none

watched all the way through twice
7 years apart
destroyed me both times
>>
>>70076730
It's a great show with some really slow episodes/seasons in the middle of it. When in doubt, slog through it. The characters are really compelling and well thought out, even if sometimes they're clearly just pulling some soapy bullshit (see: all of ruth's romantic decisions). David and Keith are one of the best-portrayed gay couples in hollywood, especially for the time. Nate's character speaks to me in a very existentially frightening way.

The finale makes the entire thing worth it; reliably makes me tear up even rewatching it on youtube, and I generally never cry over media of any kind. You have to have watched the show to appreciate it, though.
>>
>>70077122

I know something very important that happens, but I don't know either how or why, so I'm still looking forward to it. I've read a lot of people saying that it's one of the greatest finales in tv's history, and the fact that you all aren't trying to spoil it for me supports that theory (like, you liked it that much that you wouldn't want to ruin it for another person).

This is a nice thread

(Check'd)
>>
File: thats my dog.jpg (69 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
thats my dog.jpg
69 KB, 500x375
>this episode
>>
>>70077373

Shit, man, that was a really uncomfortable episode to watch...
>>
>>70077303

Ruth shit is really breaking my heart at this moment. This whole "George was really just insane all this time" sounded a little bit pulled out of nowhere to me, though.
>>
>>70077334
Just know that you're gonna cry. Prepare for it
>>
>>70077334
It is. The ending is almost on-par with The Shield's.
>>
File: freddy-rodriguez-GC.jpg (50 KB, 610x342) Image search: [Google]
freddy-rodriguez-GC.jpg
50 KB, 610x342
>>70077303
Agreed entirely. It was either season three or four that felt strange and poorly written but overall well worth a watch.

>>70077517
I felt that way too but I still enjoyed George as a character. I also felt that most plotlines involving Lisa were pulled out of nowhere too.
>>
>>70076730
it's the best show ever made
>>
>>70076730
>but how's that I've never seen a thread about it in /tv/?
that's because /tv/ can't into good television
>>
>>70076730
I identified with a lot of stuff on this show. Nate especially. One or two episodes totally wrecked me.
>>
Dont they all kick the bucket in the end?
>>
I like that the gay guys weren't super ultra in your face gay. probably the only series i can think of that doesn't do that

other than that i think SFU has the most "real" feeling characters and some of the best dialogues hbo has ever put out.

i'd put it up there with the wire but not quite sopranos tier
>>
>>70078968
The ending is a teenage girl driving off into the sunset, and it makes me sad because it represents opportunity and moving on, and I can't seem to move my life forward and it makes me sad.
>>
>>70076730
It's too real and boring. Like watching someone else's life.
>>
>>70076730
Most consistent writing ever with Wire, Sopranos and Mad Men.
Only arc I found over the top was what happened to Lisa, and it wasn't even that catastrophic.
>>
>>70077517
>>70078195
But this is really how alzheimer or degenerative diseases declare and slowly eat up a person's sanity.
I have a grandmother who started acting a lot like George a few years back. She's had the disease for years, but it started acting recently
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.