[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-men: Apocalypse shit writing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: 1464312848038.jpg (15 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1464312848038.jpg
15 KB, 400x300
>Fucking terrible

This movie was so poorly written
>Havoc dies and nobody really cares
>Cyclops cries a bit, but there's zero consequences after that

>Magneto's family is killed outta noware by... god? with a misfired arrow
>this is event is never questioned or explained

>Storm is for some reason cool with ending the world
>zero motivation to trust and follow this guy other than a boost of power
>purple sword lady is for some reason cool with ending the world
>zero motivation other than a small boost of power
>Magneto is for some reason cool with ending the world
>even though Magneto never wanted anything like this
>Magneto only wanted mutants to rise and take power, he never wanted to KILL EVERYBODY CUZ FUCK MY FAMILY DID
>Birdman(2014) is the only one who who had nothing to lose and everything to gain

>for some reason the all powerful purple guy only acquires 4 followers despite knowing that there are far more mutants who could potentially cause a big problem
>despite having access to everyone's mind including direct access to Professor X's mind, purple man ignores Jean Grey entirely

>Magneto just sits in his big tornado until the movie decides it's time to throw shit at purple man

>Magneto kills thousands, if not millions of people for no reason
>Professor X calls him "old friend" and then lets him walk out the door
>>
>>70075852

ew we ewwwwwwwwww

MIND TAKERRRRRRRR
>>
>>70075852
I liked it even though I was dissapointed because Days of Future past was such a great movie.

Quicksilver is pretty much the only reason this movie is worth it.
>>
>>70075852

Yeah it's pretty bad
>>
what happened to Singer? Did he get JUSTed?
>>
>Jubilee is with Scott, Jean and Kurt at the mall
>School blows up right when they come back
>Striker shows up and gasses the adults and kids
>Jubilee and the rest hide behind the debris
>When guard comes to check on them, Jean Grey uses her powers to trick him
>Jubilee is no longer in the scene.
>Kurt teleports them into the helicopter. Striker arrives in.
>Jubilee is shown waking up with the rest of the kids.
>>
>>70075852
>for some reason the all powerful purple guy only acquires 4 followers despite knowing that there are far more mutants who could potentially cause a big problem

That's the only thing I'm willing to accept from the shit writing of this movie, as it's clearly some sort of ritual/symbolic thing that given the nature of the villain is somewhat believable. Why he chose such shit mutants except for Magneto and maybe Storm, is a mystery
>>
>>70076630
The studio didn't give him enough twinks
>>
>>70075852
just saw it, so fucking bad. Acting was bad too
>>
The movie was a complete fucking mess.

I fucking hate Deadpool as a character, and I liked that movie more than X-Men.
>>
>>70075852
are you retarded?
>>
>>70076822

op is right, about all of it.
>>
File: 1434245448172.gif (3 MB, 415x212) Image search: [Google]
1434245448172.gif
3 MB, 415x212
>>70075852

jesus christ what the fuck happened
>>
>>70076997
Marvel drones and shills took over
>>
>>70076700
This.
>>
File: 1463962615432.png (503 KB, 917x384) Image search: [Google]
1463962615432.png
503 KB, 917x384
>LET'S JUST FUCKING FORGET THIS HAPPENED IN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST!!
>>
Are the events in this movie even recognized by the plot in the first X-men movie in the original trilogy.
It's been a while since I saw it, but it seems careless and very non-continuous to not reference a literal apocalypse that happened just 20 years earlier
>>
>>70075852
>Magneto's family is killed outta noware by... god? with a misfired arrow
>this is event is never questioned or explained
His daughter summoned the birds and one of the soldiers freaked out. Are you retarded?
>>
>>70080737
No. It's a new timeline starting with DoFP.
>>
I enjoyed it when I watched it, but I've ended up rewatching X1, 2, FC and DOFP since then.

The difference in quality is pretty fucking mindboggling.
>>
>>70075945
Jesus if you were disappointed by this after liking DoFP, I don't to ever this.
>>
File: 1453852248973.png (453 KB, 636x479) Image search: [Google]
1453852248973.png
453 KB, 636x479
>>70080984
>I don't to ever this.
>>
>>70079323
For fucking seriously
>>
>>70075852
>magneto's family is killed by nazis, he perceives holocaust as a great tragedy
>first he murders innocent co-workers and policemen because one of them accidentally killed his wife and daughter
>he destroys half of the world killing tens of million people, he literally kills more people than hitler
>there are no consequences, this was just a mistake, he's still a friend and a good lad

this whole magneto plot from the movie was one of the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in cape flicks
>>
>>70075852
Is JLaw any good in this movie? I hope to god she isn't hamfisted into the story. Is she in her blue skin for the majority of the movie? or do they make up a half fast reason why she can't?

Is this movie worth going just for the action stuff? Need a movie to watch at the cinemas with friends for fun, and we are deciding between this or CW. Is CW action stuff better than Apocalypse?
>>
>>70081178
CW is much better. The action scenes in Apocalypse are mostly shit, since the mutants are garbage with no interesting powers. The final fight is basically just a bunch of fist fights going on all over the place. CW actually has some good fights, notably the one at the end which is probably one of the best in capeshit history.

JLaw is in it but she's not a huge factor. She's blue like 30% of the time.
>>
File: 14uus9.jpg (142 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
14uus9.jpg
142 KB, 1000x500
>>70081124
pic related
>>
>>70081178
>Is JLaw any good in this movie?

she looks fat and like the commonest commoner youd find walking the street. totally not movie material.
>>
>>70080859
>Are you retarded?
Nah, he is just typical /tv/ poster.
>>
>>70081124
magneto killed the police fucks but fuck them anyway pieces of shit, apocalypse killed the co workers. Magneto just moved a shit ton of metal around and by the way helped save the fucking world so even if a few million were lost he saved over 6 billion people. If Magneto doesn't hold off apocalypse everybody else is fucking dead including Xavier, he wouldn't have bought them the valuable time to get in his head and let jean grey turn into phoenix.

Seriously stick to your fucking Disney bullshit because you're literally too retarded for grown up movies. You and the rest of the rotten tomatoes Disney mouthpieces.
>>
>>70081124
>Magneto hate nazis
>Become one of them
It is his whole character for the every comics, for christ sake. Called irony.
>>
>>70081243
>Just saved the entire fucking human race and all of existence....We good? K we good.
>>
>>70081335
It's supposed to be a gradual thing, it's called character development, not just ''bad thing happened to me, so now I'm gonna kill the planet''
>>
>>70081386
>It's supposed to be a gradual thing
You didn't saw last 2 movies m8?
>>
>>70081124
This was a little bit over the top, I mean I agree that he sort of redeemed himself by saving the world, but it would have been a much easier sell if they'd included a throw-away line of dialogue to indicate that, or if someone had said something to indicate that they didn't forgive him.

Similarly no one seemed to care that Charles had mindraped sadfu and caused her to be basically a different person for the past twenty years, least of all sadfu herself.
>>
>>70075852
>>70076594
>>70076765
>>70076843
Eh whatever, the movie was pretty good.
>>
None of the dialogue in this movie felt natural at all
It felt like everyone was trying to out-epic eachother rather than talk naturally
>>
>>70081394
In first class the only humans he tried to kill were firing missiles at him and the other mutants.

In the past, of future past the only humans he tried to kill were the ones he considered to be responsible for creating the sentinels and approving their use, and he encouraged other mutants to rebel.
In both films his priority was keeping mutants safe, albeit in a stupid and warlike way, and human casualties were just a side effect, he didn't want to cause genocide.
>>
>>70075852
ONE QUESTION

HOW GOOD WERE THE SUITS/COSTUMES? I NEED TO KNOW.
>>
>>70081496
Dragon ball z live action roleplay tier.
>>
>>70075852
>Magneto going into steel plant
>told everybody about his dead family
>ready to kill em all
>AW SHIIIIITT
>4 costume freaks popup behind him
I hated this moment. This is why capeshit would never will be true KINO.
>>
>>70081333
Trips aside, you're the retard if you unironically thought this movie was anything but tripe
>>
>>70081492
1 movie.
He want revenge and nothing else. By the end of the movie realised - all humanity pretty much hates mutants.
2 movie.
Tried to find positive in humans, failed to save pro-mutant president, convicted for someone else's crime.
Discovered anti-mutant government plan, know about grim future. It is mutants vs humans now.
Get rekt by charles in the end.
3 movie.
Ok, I will try to live a normal life.
Do not really cares about world anymore, lives in his little world.
Humans fucked up all again, killed his family.
Welp, nothing to hold on in this world anymore, may just destroy it.
>>
File: 1464036538310.jpg (51 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
1464036538310.jpg
51 KB, 600x656
>>70081517
>who the fuck are you xDDDD
>>
so how did magneto kill millions of people in this movie? did they finally acknowledge his powers and he fucked up the magnetic poles of the planet or what
>>
>>70081744
>they finally acknowledge his powers and he fucked up the magnetic poles of the planet
Pretty much this.
>>
File: 18m59byc62insjpg.jpg (303 KB, 800x1255) Image search: [Google]
18m59byc62insjpg.jpg
303 KB, 800x1255
>>70075852
>>Magneto only wanted mutants to rise and take power, he never wanted to KILL EVERYBODY CUZ FUCK MY FAMILY DID
Read Ultimatum, then we'll talk.
>>
File: 1464304831757.jpg (23 KB, 247x285) Image search: [Google]
1464304831757.jpg
23 KB, 247x285
>>70080984
>I don't to ever this.
>>
>>70081795
the fuck is that? what's the context?
>>
>>70081846
Ultimate Blob eating Ultimate Wasp. The point when the Ultimate Universe jumped the shark basically

The wider context is that Scarlet Witch dies and Quicksilver apparently dies, so Magneto says "fuck this", nicks Thor's hammer, and basically tries to destroy humanity, using tidal waves and shit
>>
So is there another X-Men film being made?

I know there's an X-Force, a Deadpool 2, and a Wolverine 3, but is there another X-Men?
>>
>>70081895
shit, i've only read spiderman 'till miles in ultimate. now i wanna read the whole ultimate x-men. thanks anon.
>>
>>70080984
>I don't to ever this
The fuck is wrong with you people?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.